Most embarrassing Fox interview ever?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,145
    Amen. Rock on Big guy.

L, reread again.....and again.....
  2. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
    Yes it was bad. No Fox doesn't have the corner on bad interviews or ignorant host.
  3. lacuna

lacuna Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +843
    I can't find any "stats" for you but found a few sites with information I thought you might find of interest. Each one goes into varying detail about the Pharisees, Sadducees and Essenes - the three main religious / political movements of that era. They all say Sadducees had controlling interest in the Sanhedrin but don't supply specific numbers. I don't know if documentation for that is extant.

http://www.herealittletherealittle.net/index.cfm?page_name=Pharisees-Sadducees
    http://mb-soft.com/believe/txo/pharise2.htm
    http://www.coriesu.org/pretheo/Site/Pharisees, Sadducees, Essenes.html
  4. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,455
    Yeah I'm not contending that Aslan is necessarily right, just that it's one of the interesting claims that he makes that could have been addressed (and were in some of the better interviews).

Although for what it's worth, to the degree that his claim is that the Gospels were non-contemporary writings and the story got changed to incorporate the Romanic idea of a demigod prior to being recorded in the Gospels, I don't know that the Gospels themselves would be evidence that he is wrong. Granted I don't think that kind of contention that he makes is something subject to really being proven or disproven (at least with what we have today, although you can draw inferences from what's out there), but if the contention is that the Gospels don't accurately reflect the life of Jesus I don't think that the exact language that he is claiming is non-factual would be proof that those same contentions are indeed factual (i.e., if the claim is "The assertions in the Gospels that Jesus claimed to be God-incarnate aren't accurate," "No it says right in the Gospels that Jesus claimed to be God-incarnate" isn't really contradictory of that claim).
  5. lacuna

lacuna Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +843
    Or one could say your spoonfed Trinitarian belief system is based on a predigested theology that has been torturously worked and reworked in an effort to make sense of it.

I am truly happy it works for you. I have moved on.
  6. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,347

Stung as it were ? You made it so personal.

Well, my old friend, I would be remiss if I didn't share with you, that it may be an arrogant and condescending error of yours to categorically think that those who who celebrate the risen Christ and apprehend Him through the breaking of the bread in orthodox Christianity, must necessarily be spoonfed dolts blindly accepting what you deem to be a dogmatic, lifeless, cultural belief system . . . as opposed to considering that perhaps, at least some of the people you are categorically branding, first had a personal experience with the risen Christ outside of all theology and religion, and thereafter sought the best way to worship God, and Christ as God's Son, which embraced the best possible explanation of that experience and that relationship. Perhaps indeed, the experience informs and confirms the theology, instead of - as you would have it - the other way around, and without the experience.

Of course, in your apparent race to make a condescending judgment, you discount the possibility that even spoonfed dolts who blindly accept the theology of orthodox Christianity, could ever have a life-changing, dynamic experience with the risen Christ . . . through the institutional church. Of course, that is a fallacy, and there are countless examples of intelligent, informed Christians who came to true spiritual conversion, enlightenment and rebirth, both ways. Guess what ? Both ways are just as real, and can be just as vital.

So sure, people can be dogmatic Christians, cultural Christians, institutional Christians, fakirs and hypocrites, and all attend church of some sort, never questioning anything, never having an original thought in their head, nor an original experience in their heart. But those are the ones - like anybody else in the world who is lost - who sadly haven't discovered the plain truth in front of their faces.

So I described a couple of different concepts about the personal experience of the Divine possible through - and actually, required of - orthodox Christianity, but for some reason, whether institutional bias, intellectual arrogance, or perhaps, just a bad past experience with the church or "believers," you limit your ability to distinguish the difference.

I don't know who sold you the lies, but I do have some suspicions.

What are you so afraid of ?
  7. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,338
    If it is pointless, why all the discussion on it? If you want dumb and pointless, go to MSNBC, you can get that with all their interviews, especially the dumb.
    Religion is all about faith. If we knew the truth ,there would be no need for faith.
  8. Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,145
    jim, point is Christianity is not about blind faith. So many things point to the Bible as being the Word of God. Things that no other religious writings have.

1) Over 30,000 archeological digs. Not one refutes the history in the OT.

2) Prophecies fulfilled (all but the end times).

3) Science revealed thousands of years before discovered. One example: The Jews were blamed for the plague in the middle ages. Why? because they weren't getting sick in the numbers others were. Why was that? In the Book of Leviticus God gives instruction to when someone gets certain sicknesses....quarantine them. When they die burn their clothes. Wash you hands with RUNNING water. Heck doctors were washing their hands in buckets still in the 1800's.

4) And lastly (Here I go again..but for new readers)...the Bible is a book written by about 40 different men (inspired) from fishermen to Kings, over 1500 years, on three continents, in three languages on hundreds of subjects and it all fits together like a glove. It's all about Christ from genesis to Revelation. If it's a hoax they did a hell of a job without the internet.
  9. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,309
    Fox defends anchor

link
    • Like Like x 1
  10. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,455
    You know what they say, never miss an opportunity to double down on dumb.
  11. MaceoP

MaceoP Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +526
    Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet, a holy man. They also believe he wasn't the son of God. He is 2nd in line behind Mohammed.

Rezla is a 'scholar' who elevates Osama Bin Laden to the same status as some other past important religous figures.. Rezla doesn't see OBL as the mass murderer that he truly was. Rezla comes across as reasonable, when in fact he is radical.

The fox anchor was a dumb ass for being completely unprepared. However if she was prepared, she would have exposed Rezla for what he really is.. A 'religous scholar' whose real purpose is to undermine the divinity of Jesus, for the purpose of elevating his own religion.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,177
    Yeah, that's not really what he said about OBL.
  13. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,320
    18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
    the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength. 1 Corinthians 1:18-25.
  14. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Yeah, I was worried he was misreading that quote.
  15. leogator

leogator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +192
    No, not Brent Bozell. I went to school with that idiot. I have never seen anybody that was drunk 24hrs a day like him. He definitely missed the theology and philosophy classes just as he missed pretty much every class. How he graduated I have no idea.
  16. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,325
    Looks like the controversy is working out for this guy - his book is No. 1 on Amazon's best seller list. Thanks to Fox News many more people are going to be exposed to this guy's ideas than would have been otherwise. You think that was their intention?

Jesus book hits No. 1 in wake of viral Fox News interview
  17. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,177
    What's funny is that most of the reviews are either 5 stars or 1 star. And none of those people probably read the book.
  18. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,454
    That is funny.

I hate Faux News... this book is great!

Fox News is the only Fair and Balanced network... this book sucks!
  19. MaceoP

MaceoP Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +526
    Care to enlighten as to what rezla really said about obl ?
  20. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,338
    Franky I don't give a damn what Rezla said and those that do, have too much time on their hands.