Mizzu Def. Stats

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by eastowest, Oct 13, 2013.

1. jaxgator1991

jaxgator1991 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +583
    depends if the O-line can block. if they come out and lay an egg then were going to run the ball. which i would hope we would do in that scenario. but if the O-line can protect i imagine we see more of the mix we saw against miami/arky. which would be great
  2. Ofg8r

Ofg8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +225
    Should Muschamp be fired?

The obvious consensus on Gator Country is that he should.

Who would fit? How about JIMBO? Richt? Petrino? (Mama send your son to play in the slime) Kiffen? (looking for work.) Pay Saban $10mil? $20mil? Les Miles? (oh wait, he ran Muschamp's game plan perfectly yesterday)

Don't forget Gruden.

I know. Call Spurrier, and tell him he won't have to interview.
  3. jaxgator1991

Ratings Received:
    +583
    haha. well the consensus of gator country posters are clueless and don't understand basic football. they want to see flashy offense but don't know how to go about doing it, they have all their suggestions, thinking muschamp and pease are reading and going... wow , that poster has brilliant insight!
  4. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +964
    And gain 2.8 yards per carry too.
  5. mizzouwaltz

mizzouwaltz New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    I'm looking forward to it. I think our offense is still potent, even though we lose Franklin's running ability (and his passing into multiple coverage was a lot better this year). I think most Mizzou fans are still pretty high off the win over Georgia. There were a lot of doubters among the fanbase, like I was, prior to this season, but a lot of that has been erased with the Vandy win. I think everyone is very, very happy with our new OC. Our defensive line has been a nice surprise and we're playing tighter coverage. I haven't seen the 10 yard cushion that we used to do all the time. That said, we don't know how Mauk is going to be, so I would say most are cautiously optimistic and very glad this game is in Columbia.

I live in the Tampa Bay area, but I haven't seen many Florida games this year. Tried to watch the LSU game, but some things came up and I wasn't able to watch until the very end, so I have no idea what the story is behind your holding LSU to 17 points. What's your strength on D? Pass? Run D? Disrupting backfield? QB pressure? Is it on the ends, the front, the linebackers?
  6. slayerxing

slayerxing Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,146
    No, not at all. Mizzou's pass rush is ridiculous. They will shred our OL if we try to pass too much. We ABSOLUTELY have to be able to run the football if we want to win.
  7. fairfaxgator

fairfaxgator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    Haha...yes, none of us understand "basic football."

How about I take Miami and LSU's offense and our D...???

Maybe there are a few coaches we can pluck from the offseason...starting with OL, then O coordinator...
  8. jaxgator1991

Ratings Received:
    +583
    fairfax, i agree it all starts with the o-line. we called pass plays against lsu but had no time to even let those routes develop. i recall it happening only once when murphy was able to stay in the pocket and deliver a clean pass( first drive over middle to burton). maybe they would be more comfortable calling more pass plays if we could protect. but when the o-line plays the way it did saturday its very difficult to continue throwing.
  9. 62gator

62gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
    Mizzou has scored an average of 46pts a game (with Franklin) and is giving up an average of 23pts a game on defense.

Will this year be another game much like last year in Gville? With Franklin out and the UF offense not exactly being a scoring machine everything kind of points that way. How the freshman Mizzou QB plays and how the UF OL handles the Mizzou DL are probably the ball game.
  10. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,379
    This. I hope this is KT's coming out party and he proves to be the kind of back who will make plays when they're not there as called.
  11. Tipmoose

Tipmoose New Member

Ratings Received:
    +59
    What in the world has caused you to believe this sort of thing? When has this *ever* happened over the last 3 years?