Minnesota Man Accused of Murdering Teens Who Entered His Home...(update)Man to spend life in prison

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ArtVandelay, Apr 22, 2014.

1. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,914
    well said. and I'll take your word for it. don't want to listen to that.
  2. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,284
    I honestly wish I hadn't. I did not expect such clarity in her voice. It is going to stick in my head for a while.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,104
  4. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +393
    We all have a breaking point and that guy clearly reached his. He definitely sounds deranged, but I have little sympathy for the criminals who kept breaking into his home, finally for one time too many. This is a great illustration of a reason people should not break into someone else's home. You never know what is waiting for you there.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,390
    In a way I agree. The tape is just awful, particularly the girl. But as I asked a few days ago on this thread, what pushed him to this? Was he always looney? Did something personal push him over the edge? Was this part of an ongoing "war" between him and neighborhood kids? I won't shed a tear for this guy, but I feel like there is a lot more to this story than just some crazy guy killing kids and I'd like to hear it.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,399
    My biggest worry, and it has been alluded here in previous posts, is that the gun control types are going to use this as a wedge to legitimize their concerns about nutty people and ownership of guns. Kind of like when a political party gets some momentum in elections and assume that they now have a mandate. What I prefer - and sincerely hope for - is that everyone, including those people who drive down the road and want to cut people off, realize that there are some bat-shit crazy folks out there and that yes, they will be prosecuted for their poor choices but that doesn't mean that you will survive. And that goes triple for those who want to break into a place and steal.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,390
    Yes sir. Being a smartass little troublemaker when I was younger, and associating with fellow smartass troublemakers, I read stories like this and wonder if I'm lucky to be alive. Gives a whole new perspective on "Get off my Lawn" Guy.
  8. fastsix

Ratings Received:
    +1,104
    To put it bluntly, were only talking about 2 people killed while in the act of burglarizing a man's home. It's nothing compared to the mass shootings we've seen over the last couple of years. If some guy killing 20 children and 6 adults at an elementary school failed to change U.S. gun laws, this case isn't going to.
  9. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,390
    You do realize that almost nothing proposed by the anti-gun lobby - short of banning all guns for all people - would have stopped New Town, right? That all of the weapons used were bought in one of the most restrictive states, were background checked, etc.? That upon taking the serial numbers they knew who bought them, where and when?
  10. fastsix

Ratings Received:
    +1,104
    For like the 1000th time - I probably own more guns than you.

You've constructed this argument against something I never said. I simply stated that if mass shootings of complete innocents don't change U.S. gun laws, the shootings of two individuals in the act of committing a crime is not going to.