Million Muslim march to D.C. scheduled for 9/11

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PSGator66, Aug 15, 2013.

1. lacuna

lacuna Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +841
    I think we can all agree Alam is an example of a Muslim loon. His statements paint him as an unbalanced individual. I'm wondering - pure speculation - if he intentionally picked this date because he wants to provoke a heated or violent reaction from the right wing loons.
  2. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    Which would suggest a calculated madness.
  3. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    Seems like some in this thread would participate in a retaliation.

Thing is, it is most likely that the majority who participate in such a march would be like most Americans in regard to their feelings and thoughts of that day. They would grieve regarding all those who were in those buildings who were murdered by the terrorists.

For some reason I don't see anywhere a breakdown by religion of those who were in those buildings and died when the jets hit the buildings. But it is safe to say that there were many Muslims in there along with Christians, Jews, etc. since those buildings housed a multitude of corporations with some from Arab and other Muslim countries.

I also have little doubt that there will be a number of radical Muslims also such as the ones other posters in this thread have been talking about. In much the same way as you'll see some extremists at most every rally---be it a religious rally, race based rally, political rally(GOP, Dem, Libertarian, Tea Party, etc).

And there is little doubt that there will be spin from left wing of MSM regarding the event...and spin from the right wing of the MSM regarding the event. I can picture Olberman, Maddow, Hannity, Allen West, etc, etc already preparing their extremist spin for the event. In much the same way as extremists on this thread are already hatefully spinning the event before it has occurred.
  4. lacuna

lacuna Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +841
    This sort of rhetoric is divisive, inflammatory and unnecessary and if I'm not mistaken I think you have been called out for it before. I've friends on both ends of the political spectrum and the messiest ones of my acquaintance are also among the most conservative. And likewise, I have liberal friends who keep an immaculate house. Your grotesque generalizations serve only your own self delusional interests. Please keep it real.
  5. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +494

Yep, you're right, Mr. PC. There certainly are people who hate the Muslim "race" and thus are racists. Yes, of course, they're "racists". Yes indeedy.

Can't your type think of anything other than the Approved Default Pavlovian Reflexive Smear Labels when attacking someone who doesn't think like you??? That is so intellectually lame it's pathetic.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,054
    Can DC deny the permits to assemble?
  7. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,430
    Well why exactly would this group be "retaliated against"? Are they planning a terrorist attack during the march? Of course not. What do they have in common with the people that deserve "retaliation"? Oh yeah, the fact that they're Muslim and nothing else.

That's called racism (or perhaps islamophobia if we're being precise, but I doubt your quibble was with that hair-splitting), but if it makes you feel better to pretend that there's nothing racist about demonizing an entire religious group go ahead I guess.
  8. Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,144
    I think van was comparing Tea Party rallies to OWS. His point is valid though perhaps too strongly worded for some.
  9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,825
    This.
  10. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    If they follow through, perhaps the media (especially broadcast) will not cover the event? Naw. It will be the lead story on CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC and MSNBC will have 24-7 coverage and a telethon. Wonder if Obama will keynote?
  11. lacuna

lacuna Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +841
    Both his comment and the one he was responding to were irrelevant to the thread. There was no valid point to be made from posting insulting comments. He posted them only to disparage people with whom he politically disagrees.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. DaveFla

DaveFla VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,020
    Rep.
  13. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    PSGator66

you evidently chose to ignore the fact that there were many Muslims in those buildings at the time the buildings were hit by the planes.

Your religion isn't the only one who lost people in those buildings on 9/11. But it appears you have some issue with acknowledging that.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +916
    But only one religion attacked us so how do you defend that? Your liberal rhetoric gets old pal.
  15. Gatoragman

Gatoragman VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +62
  16. GatorBen

Ratings Received:
    +2,430
    Good point. I hope no one retaliates against those hateful Christians for their abortion clinic bombings.

Oh wait, it's almost like "a religion" didn't attack us in either instance. Lunatics who happen to subscribe to a non-mainstream and frankly idiotic version of the religion are responsible in each case, so blaming the religion as a whole in one instance seems a little, well, islamophobic.
  17. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    did you bash all Christians in regard to Jonestown, Branch Davidians, IRA, etc?

There are nutjobs, etc in most every group....

I am not defending the actions of the terrorists in those planes...I merely point out that those terrorists in those planes killed numerous Muslims in the WTC. In addition, in regard to deaths-- far, far more Muslims have been murdered by Islamic extremist terrorists than Christians killed by Islamic terrorists. Sadly you are inline with GWB admin and GOP of GWB's years in their attitude that all Muslims are terrorists.
    I suggest you go to Arlington National Cemetery and view the graves of Muslim-American soldiers who died fighting against AQ.
  18. Gatoragman

Gatoragman VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +62
  19. gatorjd95

gatorjd95 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +140
    The date was selected purely as provocation and to get headlines. Anyone defending that tactic should be ashamed.

As far as retaliation . . . by whom? Even since 9/11, have there been any documented assaults or "retaliation" against Muslims in this country? Talk about creating ghosts out of thin air. Not to say there aren't people who would enjoy taking out some vigilante justice, but for some reason it just doesn't materialize - despite how much the PC crowd would love to have it happen so they can preen about their presumed moral superiority.
  20. GatorBen

Ratings Received:
    +2,430
    The discussion of retaliation came from the very first post in this thread which said "they better hope someone doesn't decide to retaliate against them"...

I'm not defending the date selection, it certainly isn't what I would have picked. At the same time, the purpose of a protest march in general is to get attention for something and not to be inconspicuous and inoffensive, but their date selection seems likely to backfire rather than getting productive attention focused on their complaints.