Michael Sam is on course to cause some major issues

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorman_07732, May 16, 2014.

1. richmondgator81

richmondgator81 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +351
    Didn't Tebow have a documentary about his training camp?
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,646
    Enough of this BS narrative... the one that this homosexual pimped out about himself as some sort of Tebow type player. That sack of manure ingratiated himself to Tim Tebow/Tebow's fame, and every leftists lunatic in the media is using Tebow's good name in reference to this punk.

I wish people would top using Tebow's name when talking about this bum. Sam is just a guy/gay that got drafted exactly where he belongs and he mad about his low draft place.... so much so that he's using Tebow's name for his own undue fame.

Sam has done nothing of note, and we should stop comparing anything this clown does to Tebow or Tebow's life.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,153
    I think having a documentary about an athlete's training camp for the sole reason that that specific athlete is an elite special talent with a huge fan base is different than having a TV show about a guy trying to make an NFL team who just happens to also be gay.
  4. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +393
    "Where's your sergeant, soldier?"

"BLOWED UP, Sir!"
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,390
    Let people make their own choices, success or fail....jeez! Spending way too much energy on this topic..
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +9,835
    damn 108 you and I are in agreement on something
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. anstro76

anstro76 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +925
    guess you missed this

8. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +9,835
    yes Tebow's was coming out of high school
  9. gatorman_07732

gatorman_07732 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,381
    Michael Sam is the one who made a deal with the Oprah Network.
  10. richmondgator81

Ratings Received:
    +351
    Elite special talent? You realize he's no longer in the NFL and the majority of football fans were shocked he went in the first round?

Tebow got a lot of extra attention because he was outspoken about his faith. Cam Newton is an elite special talent. I don't remember a documentary about his training camp. Or countless other first round QBs or Heisman winners taken in the first round.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. richmondgator81

Ratings Received:
    +351
  12. kygator

kygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +242
    Did he? I don't recall but it would be interesting to watch.
  13. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,153
    Was Tim Tebow an elite special talent in College? Up to that point, pre-Draft, no one had any idea what kind of talent in the NFL he would be. Cameron Newton phyiscally, yes, is an elite special talent. But that's kind of forgetting that what most people considered so 'special' about Tim's abilities wasn't just his athletic ability, as you've said we see guys with freakish athletic abilities all the time, but the intangibles he had to go along with them, one of them being his faith. How "outspoken" exactly? Not too outspoken, most interviews I read in the NFL said Tim wasn't exactly proselytizing in the locker-room or anything.

Anyway the point is - Tim got a documentary because not only was he a Heisman-winning quarterback with freakish ability who played a position in a unique way many people hadn't seen in decades, but also because of the intangibles that came along with him. His ability to lead and inspire any one around them regardless of their faith. Sam gets a show not because he's a slightly above average college athlete, and a probable middle-of-the-road NFL player(if that) - but simply because he's a gay dude. Not only does Sam not have the abilities or accolades Tim did, he doesn't have any special intangibles that really set him out either - he's simply gay, and that's it.
  14. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +921
    1. He hasn't made the team yet. He could get cut.
    2. If he makes the team it will be because he earned it. They aren't gonna accept him on the roster if he is not good enough simply because he likes guys.

I don't know why you are assuming if he makes the team it is because he is gay. That is a ridiculous assertion and it is full of bias against Sam. What you are doing is trying to make his possible future accomplishment of making the roster irrelevant by pointing out his homosexuality. You even tried to make his SEC DPOY and consensus All American season seem useless by calling it a down season, which is an equally ridiculous statement. The SEC was ripe with talent this year like any other year. You simply are trying to make his accomplishments, which are great and were based on merit, seem irrelevant.
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. richmondgator81

Ratings Received:
    +351
    "How "outspoken" exactly? Not too outspoken, most interviews I read in the NFL said Tim wasn't exactly proselytizing in the locker-room or anything."

Tim Tebow is more outspoken about his faith than any other major college or professional athlete that I can recall. He makes Kurt Warner look like Colin Kaepernick.
  16. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,605
    Equating faith and religion to sexual preference is moronic.
  17. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,586

And if you read after that, I said I'd happily eat my words if he plays well enough to make the team based on his talents.

Yes the SEC had a down year - that was in reply to the what had he done to deserve an Oprah documentary among other things. Yes, he won the award and was a consensus All American, which I agreed to...and brought the point of how many of the others out there who have won said award(s) had gotten the same kind of coverage, since that award was what was put as the answer to "What had he done".

Again, what I said was that he will likely not get cut from the team even if he does poorly because of a fear of backlash and that if this happens, it's a hypocritical double standard that's been seen in many other cases. Pointing that out doesn't make me anti-gay, anti-Sam, or whatever.

He earned the award. It has merit. What I want to see is that he gets judged by THOSE merits and not given special preferential treatment because he came out of the closet. That's all.

Again, was he a good player? Yes. He did horribly in the combine. That dropped his stock. But already people were pointing to his drop in the draft due to his being gay versus that he had performed poorly at the combine and experts just didn't have him highly rated.

If he plays well enough to earn his spot, then kudos to him. Just like kudos to any other hard working young man that has to work his tail off to make it to the next level.
  18. richmondgator81

Ratings Received:
    +351

I don't know. You seem pretty convinced that he's not good enough to make an NFL roster. And if he does I'd bet my bottom dollar that you'd attribute his making the roster to his coming out and not his play on the field. Time will tell.

For the record, I don't think he will make the roster. GM's generally don't like media circuses.
  19. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,244
    Bigot = Anyone who disagrees with a liberal
    Tolerant = Anyone who agrees with a liberal.

Keep up man! ;)
  20. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,244
    He might not make the roster because in 11 of 14 games last year he averaged less than 2 tackles per game. and totaled TWO sacks. He padded stats against 3 inferior O-lines.

That is what NFL teams saw.

Its very simple. If Tom Brady were gay, he'd still have 3 rings.
    If Michael Sam were straight, he'd still have sucked in those 11 games.