Michael Sam "I should have been drafted in first three rounds"

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by tilly, May 11, 2014.

1. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,395
    lol....."take away the talent around him and he'll struggle".... well duh. All QBs would. You make it sound like Danny had no talent around him. Also I think what you meant to say was Danny was more of a traditional QB; not true QB. There is no definition of a "true" QB. I agree Danny was very gifted between the ears. I'd personally take Tim over Danny.

Also, as someone else mentioned, Tim led the Gators to an undefeated regular season in 09, so you were incorrect about that.
  2. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,395
    I know you're just relaying info but it shouldn't. It's not a regular season scheduled game.
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
  3. NitroSmoke

NitroSmoke Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +62
  4. msa3

msa3 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +658
    Okay, then the other poster could have said: "Danny is the only QB to lead UF to an undefeated regular season and and to win the SECCG in the same season." The point was he did something Tebow did not, that's all.
  5. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +541
    Was just going to post this. I think this pick just blew up in the Rams face. I predict this may get ugly really quickly.

This now goes WAY beyond the Tebow level media circus because this is Sam forcing himself and his lifestyle out into the media. Tebow never did that.

You know that OWN is going to do everything in their power to make this "entertaining" (ie - controversial) for ratings. But I really wonder what kind of access the Rams are going to give OWN to the locker room, practice facilities and players. My guess is that they're not going to want the distraction of the cameras, but they're also not going to want any players commenting candidly for fear that somebody is going to say the wrong thing. My guess is the players won't want it either. I think it will be really uncomfortable for them.

But if the Ram's try to limit camera access, will Sam, OWN and the gay community cry discrimination to force the cameras in? My guess is they'll at least try.

I'm telling you right now, there is absolutely no positive outcome for the St. Louis Rams I can see coming from this. If they try to keep OWN out of the locker room, they're going to be made to look like they're descriminating. If they let OWN in, they're bound to have some player say or do the wrong thing and have a huge distraction in the locker room. And if/when Sam gets cut, the Rams are going to be made look look like it is because of his sexuality.

I bet the Rams are really having second thoughts right now about that 7th round pick.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,879
    I'm going to predict whether this guy succeeds or not, it won't have much impact on the Rams at all.
  7. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,395
    The Rams did it for the attention too.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,395
    lol ok
  9. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +856
    Worth bumping...well stated.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. atlantagator86

Ratings Received:
    +541
    Sure they did. But I don't think Sam is doing what he's doing right now to call attention to himself as an individual. I really think that in his mind, he's doing this to promote gay rights. And that's kind of a noble cause. I understand why he's doing it.

But I really think this is going to end up blowing up in everybody's face, especially the Rams as a team.
  11. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +856
    ^^^in HIS mind?

I'm not so sure; personally, I think he's being 'guided' (or manipulated, or used...).
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. atlantagator86

Ratings Received:
    +541
    I don't disagree. I'm suspect there are a lot of gay rights advocates and the media pushing him to use this as a soapbox.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,395
    I don't personally believe so. Him publicly coming out was for that. This is just attention seeking now imo.
  14. msa3

msa3 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +658
    At this point it's more about the brand than anything else. He's setting himself up to be the story, regardless. Like I said a while ago, it gets very hard for the Rams to cut him now.

I really think the Tebow analogy works well. The Broncos drafted TT in the first round, and are the only NFL team to let him actually start games as a quarterback. But because they decided -- whatever their reasons -- that he not was the QB they wanted running their team, they are vilified by TT supporters. The same will happen to the Rams should they decide to cut or not play Sam.
  15. FakeRickSutcliffe

FakeRickSutcliffe Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +393
    Heard Colin Cowherd on the radio today ripping Michael Sam pretty good over this. He kept playing a sound bite of Sam saying something to the effect of, "I just want to be known as a football player, not a gay football player," which turns out to be a big crock of sh*t. He is doing a reality TV show that quite obviously will be all about him being THE GAY football player, not just a football player.

I think deep down this guy knew he was a tweener who was not destined for too much notoriety at the NFL level, so he publicly revealed his homosexuality to make himself a more interesting prospect (for celebrity, if not NFL success) than he otherwise would have been. It was a shrewd business move.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  16. atlantagator86

Ratings Received:
    +541
    So now the Michael Sam/OWN documentary has been "postponed", which I read to mean cancelled by the Rams unless otherwise told.

Sounds to me like the Rams informed Sam and/or OWN that the documentary would be a big enough distraction that they weren't going to allow it to happen. I'm guessing they told him/them that Sam might be cut immediately if they went through with it. Good for the Rams to deal with this before it became an issue.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10944070/michael-sam-documentary-oprah-winfrey-network-postponed
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,414
    Them saying no will probably be a story. Shoot me! NTTAWWT.....