Miami's AD is reaching out to Foley to continue rivalary

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by PSGator66, Sep 11, 2013.

1. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +830
    I am all for it but Foley says only on nuetral site and James (Miami AD) mentioned NY.
    I would love that personally and I can tell you that the Gators are popular in NYC. The series is as close as any that we have with Miami leading by 2 games.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/caneswatch/
  2. Swampmaster

Swampmaster New Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    Foley wants nothing to do with Miami again--too many losses, nothing to gain
  3. phideltdj

phideltdj Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +668
    After the way they treated us at that game I don't care if we never play them again. I do know this...we don't need them but they definitely need us.
  4. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Wait, by "treated us" you mean beating us?
  5. gatorump

gatorump Member

Ratings Received:
    +32
    NY is a bad idea....maybe Tampa, but even then it will only benefit Miami. They need us more than they will ever admit and because they need us I could care less if we ever play them again. I would rather be part of an innagural/annual kickoff game in Orlando (if they renovate) or Tampa with a Big whatever team or from that Texas/Oklahoma con. whatever that is called now. Gonna be tough though if we go to 9 SEC games though.
  6. swampbabe

swampbabe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +635
    Pretty sure he mean the ticket situation? :joecool:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. G8R92

G8R92 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603
    New York makes absolutely no sense at all and only shows how tongue in cheek James Blake is with his comments. Burn up all revenue generated from the game in travel and lodging expenses. Brilliant suggestion from an AD. Must be a graduate of the Nevin Shapiro school of business.
  8. ironhead1

ironhead1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +363
    Hell if Miami really wants to continue the rivalry,

Then lets play it the second Saturday of September every year in the Swamp

If they decline then they're obviously "afraid" to play the Gators and "dodging" us

Win. Win.
  9. phideltdj

phideltdj Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +668
    The ticket situation, the parking, entering the stadium...let me give an example for people that have never been to this game in Miami so they can understand how bad it is. It feels like being an American going to a USA vs. Brazil soccer game in Brazil. It doesn't even feel like you are in America and it doesn't even feel like a college football game. You can't bring your kids and you are under constant verbal insults and feel for your physical safety. When you go to a game in Gainesville, there are thousands of kids there from both teams enjoying the atmosphere.
  10. trustamerica

trustamerica Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +14
    ORLANDO perfect Florida Venue for Florida teams!
    Add attractions along with Disney Sports Complex (ABC, ESPN) Sponsorship each team could get a larger payday than a home game.
    Jax Ga vs Fla example!
  11. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,026
    There are two games I put in the "not for women and children" category, and that is any time we travel to play at Miami and any time we travel to play at LSU. I'm sure there are actually plenty of family-friendly ways to do each game, but the fans of those schools are hard core enough that you really have to work to maintain a distinction if that is the route you are going. Given that, I thought the Miami fans were fairly amiable with the lone exception of a lot of foul language after the game.

The ticket distribution was ridiculous in light of how many empty seats there actually were in the lower level and also considering how good Miami's seats were the last time they were here. I would love to know James' explanation/justification for the distribution that was assigned to FLORIDA.

I would love to continue the rivalry, but there would need to be a huge amends made on the part of Miami for the next home game, maybe something along the lines of giving us a ridiculous amount of lower level tickets for the next home game and have ticket assignments be worked out together by each side in advance of every set of home-and-home.

The parking situation is bad, and I think the idea of over-charging for parking leads to people disrespecting the area where they tailGATOR. At a minimum, they could use some of that money to mix in a few Hotty Toddy Poddy type facilities and some trash receptacles scattered about.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
  12. phillyblount

phillyblount Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +232
    We don't need their scum.
  13. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,802
    If the Cane fans thought they had a decent shot at winning, the foul language and attempts to instigate fights would have been out in full force from a healthy contingent of them before the game.

The only way they behave is if they're a good notch or two below us and know it... which is when they need the games with us the most.

From a competitive standpoint, I'd love to play them and whip their butts, but from the big picture POV, I'm not sure it makes any sense for us.
  14. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +567
    I have been to plenty of UF-Miami games through the years and I honestly don't care if we never play them again. I could care less about the winning and losing aspect of the game, but the Miami fans are, without a doubt, the worst fans in all of college football! And as far as I'm concerned, it's not even close.

It's not really the University's fault. I've met several UM grads and they have been as nice and decent fans as you ever want to meet. But the problem is that because it's a small urban school with a small alumni base, the vast majority of it's fans are people who didn't go to UM or any college and were attracted to the thug mentality of the 80s and early 90s teams.

I have always been shocked by the constant barrage of profanity I hear from almost every UM fan I've seen at a game. I was at the Peach Bowl a few years back and couldn't believe this dad who brought his kid who was about 6 years old and stands up out of nowhere, before the game starts and starts yelling "F$&K the Gators" at the top of his lungs, right in front of his kid. And the number of fights in the stands seems worse than even an FSU game where there are a LOT more fans.

Every school has it's share of unruly and obnoxious fans, but for the most part, the fans can joke and tease each other and have fun, even FSU fans. But I just haven't seen that, ever, with UM fans.

In my opinion, what has always made it a bad rivalry is that there is no respect. I respect the fans and every school we regularly play, even UGA and FSU. But I don't respect UM or it's fans and UM doesn't really respect anybody.

I don't think anything positive comes from this rivalry. And UF has always gained almost nothing from the rivalry, while UF (even more so than FSU) has legitimized the Miami program.
  15. BigSlick

BigSlick Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +282
    Don't need to play them or the criminoles ever again!!!!!!
  16. LincolnGator

LincolnGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Here's my message to UM's AD:

"U" can go "F" yourself.
  17. GatorStang

GatorStang Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +801
    They have a 3 game lead in the rivalry and I' not happy with that. I'm mostly not happy with the outcome of THIS game. I say we don't stop playing until we get the lead back, then cut them off.
  18. gator_chomp

gator_chomp New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    we play them again and if we win, they cry about us running up the score. if they win, we cry that they didn't really beat us. either way both sides cry and no one benefits. let's stick to our SEC slate and usual cupcakes.
  19. JohnC1908

JohnC1908 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +788
    This probably isn't an option but I'd much rather schedule a PAC 12 team. I'd just love to play a big OOC game that isn't considered a regional rival. I'd love to spend a week in L.A. or Seattle. Oh well.
  20. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    Forget Miami, we already play FSU every year, there's no reason for us to add another Florida school for another annual OOC game, especially not one that would make our already difficult schedule even more difficult. But if we do want to play another OOC game against a school with a good football program there are far more interesting schools for us to choose from than Miami.