Miami kids sticking or leaving?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by TNGatorDude, Dec 9, 2013.

1. wingtee

wingtee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +511
    Wow... yea I just saw him today live. I feel foolish for my comment on Cook. He showed me things I didn't,t think he had. What a dumb eval by me. #foolish
  2. Diesel350z

Diesel350z Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +756
    @ZachAbolverdi: Dalvin Cook goes 80 yards for a score. He's the best high school player I've ever seen in person.
  3. gatorlaw15

gatorlaw15 Member

Ratings Received:
    +63
  4. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta

Ratings Received:
    +1,799
    Would they really make it that obvious?
  5. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +672
    Is it just me or is our obsession with psycho-analysing every tweet that these kids throw out not just a teeeeeency bit over the top?

I don't know many kids that age who make perfect sense. :)
  6. revthejedi

revthejedi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    He's just trolling. He may very well go to FSU but you probably won't deduce anything of value from his tweets.

I think this safely removes UM since they play in front of like 20k. Cook was down to UF/UM and he and Lane plan to play together so they're clearly both coming to UF.
  7. themistocles

themistocles Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +376
    I question your gut TN.

First of all, you are incorrect if you think winning games has a big influence on recruits. Some it does, but many it simply has almost no effect upon.

Putting players into the NFL has a far greater influence and the Gators have and continue to have a very good record there.

Relationships with the recruiting staff and coaches as well as fit with the university are far more important for almost all recruits than are wins or losses. This is where Muschamp excells. He is very good at establishing relationships as in T. Robinson who's area is Miami.
  8. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Depends on the state of the program.
    Probably.

Relationships with the recruiting staff and coaches as well as fit with the university are far more important for almost all recruits than are wins or losses. This is where Muschamp excells. He is very good at establishing relationships as in T. Robinson who's area is Miami.[/quote]
    I guess he's ok at it. As far as I can tell regarding Dalvin Cook we have not had our coach do an in home and he's already shut down recruiting(his words). So I am a little unaware of Coach's exceptional prowess establishing relationships. I can't say I understand the process well but seems to me when a key recruit signs a document that gives your HC access it should be used well before this point in the recruiting process.

Overall, so far, I'd say our recruiting results have been average. If the 2013 class stays in tact and we finish well this cycle we could be on a roll though.