Men's Tennis National Indoors

Discussion in 'Alligator Alley (other sports)' started by G2MGA, Feb 16, 2018.

1. G2MGA

G2MGA GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +425
  2. G2MGA

G2MGA GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +425
    Lost 4-0. A&M has a lot of talent too but this is a disappointing performance I think.
  3. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +13,080
    The youth is really showing.....tons of tight sets/matches and uf losing far to many of them. Poor Oliver Crawford may set a record for lost tiebreakers. But honestly, even the vets are not closing out big points.
    Just have to hope they learn from it ,toughen up, and are better for it down the road. But frustrating right now
  4. hocgators

hocgators Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +643
    Outserved indoors in our last two matches. We won't know exactly what we have in this young season until we get back outside. Of the three freshmen, Andy Andrade is performing at an acceptable level, while the other two are disappointed with their performances so far this season. I think it will be until we get back outside that we really know how this team will perform and grow this spring.
  5. G2MGA

G2MGA GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +425
    Beat Notre Dame 4-3 in the first consolation round. Lost the doubles and oddly none of the singles matches were very close (won at 1,2,4,5; lost at 3 & 6).

Doubles play seems really lackluster so far this spring considering we had 3 top 10 teams coming out of the fall. Not sure if it's the new combinations or just not well suited to indoor play?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +13,080
    Coach....i really thought uf would dominate at 6 And that hasn' been the case. Is Kessler struggling with his game and should Chase be a guy that gets more of a shot? Got to wonder how long Vale stays at that spot as well, hasn' been successful.
    But as you say, outdoors could change the dynamic
  7. hocgators

hocgators Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +643
    Kessler is a counter puncher. Indoor tennis requires a ball striker. Put that together with the fact that Kessler has not been playing well within the framework of his own game and you have a problem. You will see another face at 6 in the short term I believe. When we get back outside we will see what happens. As for Duarte, he is struggling and is a much better player than he has shown. Doubles pairings needs another look as well in my opinion. NO ONE is happy with where this team is right now regardless of their historical poor indoor play.
  8. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +13,080
    I called for Chase, but his results today are not pretty early on....of course he is not alone. Illini taking it to uf today.
    Doubles was painful, UF lost 7 of the first 8 games that went to deuce before I quit counting. So bad on clutch points.
    Singles isn't worth even talking about. Very disappointing road trip
  9. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +13,080
    Blanked by Illinois...not even close. This team has a lot of work and soul searching to do. The results do not match the talent
  10. hocgators

hocgators Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +643
    I completely agree, the talent has improved and there is experience sprinkled around the freshmen. I will wait until a few SEC matches outside are played to voice my opinion. But NO ONE associated is happy right now!
    • Informative Informative x 2