Melo to the Heat?

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by FakeRickSutcliffe, Jun 14, 2014.

1. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +956
    The first article discussing these possibilities was written by Brian Windhorst. The same guy that's been calling Lebron to Cleveland for the past two years. He's always wrong about everything, so I say consider the source with this rumor.

Now for sake of discussion, I think Melo could adapt since he and Lebron are good friends. I despise his game, but in his defense, who has he really had to pass to over the course of his career? Also consider Lebron would be perfectly content averaging 10+ assists a game while scoring 22 if it meant another couple of rings. Melo also has the ability, he's never really played for a defensive oriented head coach. When in his career has it ever been emphasized?

It also matters if Lebron will take a paycut to make the team better, or if it's contingent upon signing his friend. I think the Heat would be better off pursuing a guy like Trevor Ariza, but I don't know that the big 3 take pay cuts to add role players. If it's about bringing on his friend sign him up because they won't win next year with the same roster.
  2. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +956
    Oh yeah, forgot to add, even if it doesn't result in championships it would be worth it just to piss people off.