McCutchen

Discussion in 'Around the Horn - Baseball & Men's Gator Sports!' started by kkg8r, Oct 1, 2013.

1. kkg8r

kkg8r Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +357
    He's amazing. And to think, he committed to UF before deciding to go to the Pirates.

The stadium was loud tonight. Fun to watch.
  2. lwg8tr

lwg8tr Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    Was there last night with my Son, one word AWESOME! I have been to oh probably 50 Gator football games and save 86 Auburn in the Swamp and FSU in 1997 about the loudest, most rowdy crowd. Was like 21 years of frustration out in one night, lots of drunk people, but no one I met was obnoxious, we were all high fiving and yelling..CUETTTTTOOOOOOOOO. The black out and all the towels twirling and Jolly rodgers waving. Great baseball game, what it is supposed to be about.
  3. kkg8r

kkg8r Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +357
    So glad you got to experience it! It was loud on TV -if only all Baseball games were that way.
  4. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +463
    I actually got a chance to interview McCutchen (and kudos on spelling his name right) at a minor league all star game in 2006 while I was interning for MLB.com. It was his first full year in the minors, I think.

Didn't talk for long, but I did mention I was a UF student and asked him a bit about the process before he was drafted. He told me Pat McMahon made clear that if he was drafted in the first round he needed to sign, no questions asked.