McCain and Graham both think ISIS is coming to America

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Aug 10, 2014.

1. AzCatFan

AzCatFan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +696
    If ISIS has its eye on hitting the US, let them try. Let us remain vigilant and stop it before it starts. And if ISIS or some other terrorists organization does succeed, let them face the full power of the US military in short order, no holds barred.

As for who is crossing our southern border, I highly doubt terrorists cells are coming into the US this way. Best estimates have us catching about 30% of all crossers. An additional 10%, minimum, of crossers die in the desert during the trip. Hard to know full numbers, because many bodies decompose long before they are discovered. If you are a terrorists organization wanting to get a cell in the US composed of 20 men, having them enter though Mexico isn't a part of your plans. Statistically, 6 out of the 20 would get caught, and at least 2 wouldn't survive the trip, which would put a serious dent into the success of the operation.
  2. nolagator

nolagator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +400
    And the reason 9-11 worked was because we were under the assumption that best way to address hi-jackers was to "Give them what the want".

Nah, we don't have to be concerned with our borders.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. g8tr80

g8tr80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,073
    You have stated your position on the border / terrorists before and I am as highly skeptical as ever. I hope you are right, but answer me this......if I was to hold a gun to your head and demand you find a way to enter the United States without a passport, what would be your plan if not the southern border? You going to raft it to Miami?

Recently Border Patrol captured I believe 2 or 3 Somali's who attempted to cross the border. So by your analysis, there could very well be 7 or so that made it in. Now, do this over a period of time and soon you have a whole bunch. It only took 19 to change our world.
  4. AzCatFan

Ratings Received:
    +696
    The nature of a terrorist cell is that it's a small group of highly organized people. If I, a single individual, had to emigrate to the US without a passport, then yes, I'd probably choose to come through Mexico. But if a terrorist cell consisting of 19 people want to come, coming up through Mexico wouldn't be their first choice. Why?

Because statistically, 5 or 6 would get caught and questioned, and an additional 2 wouldn't survive the trip. That means the success of the terror mission would be highly in doubt.

Let's put it this way, in order for a cell that needs 19 people to work, 32 potential terrorists would have to cross the border from Mexico. Out of that 32, at minimum 9 would have been apprehended and questioned by ICE. Now tell me, what are the odds that all 9 men caught are going to keep silent about the operation and why they are in the US? Wouldn't the capture of 9 men from the ME set off ICE's radar who might contact Interpol, which would also heighten our terror awareness? Not to mention, what are the odds that at least one of the 9 men caught, plus 4 who died in the desert, is the most important member of the terrorist organization and without him, failure is guaranteed?

If you are a terror group, planning an attack on US soil for years, would you run the risk of your cell entering from Mexico with this knowledge? The answer is, if you want to succeed, no.

That's not saying we shouldn't secure our border, and certainly, the level of border patrol that does capture 30% of all who enter is a huge deterrent to terror cells. It's just don't buy the hype and fear of an invading terror army coming up through Mexico.
  5. g8tr80

g8tr80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,073
    Like I said, I really hope you are right. I also hope your 30% capture rate is correct. Mind you, your average terrorist - or at least the ones you send here to do allahs work - would be a bit smarter and a tad more organized than your average poor Mexican.
  6. AzCatFan

Ratings Received:
    +696
    The GAO says we capture about 60% of crossers, but that doesn't take into account multiple tries. The local Arizona and other civilian border posses generally use the 30% number. This can be seen in this article:

7. gatorplank

gatorplank Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +446
    We can make efforts to get minorities out of there, but we need to wake up and just accept the fact that we will never have peace unless if we do to ISIS what Rome did to Carthage. If we want to defeat radical Islam, then that is what it is going to take. Any country that wants to fund terrorism needs to be threatened with the extinction of their civilization.
  8. gatorplank

Ratings Received:
    +446
    No it is not to get a rise. We can learn the lessons of history and see how Rome was able to successfully deal with the problem of Carthage. They went in and conquered with the intent to destroy an entire civilization. There was no attempt to rehabilitate Carthage and make them Roman. When Carthage fell Rome made sure that civilization never rose again. And they were never attacked by Carthage ever again.
  9. gatorman_07732

gatorman_07732 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,816
    And get this
    http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/nati...spect-held-after-jfk-airport-arrest/13903345/

It turned out he was uncovered because of his tweets
  10. g8rnbft

g8rnbft VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +149
    "The global jihad is not nearly done with us, even if the president thinks he can make it go away by claiming, repeatedly and delusionally, to have “decimated” it. It is a battle that can end only when one side’s will is broken. There is no middle way with it: You win or you lose. Right now, we are losing."

Read the whole article: http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...ctim-workplace-violence-too-andrew-c-mccarthy
  11. g8rnbft

g8rnbft VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +149
    Sorry - but your statistics have no bearings on reality.
    Consider that those caught by your statistics have no training, no resources, no false documents - no nothing - they only know where and what they are told by some cayote.

Members of a terror group planning an attack on US soil wouldn't come in like that.
  12. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,390
    So all we need to do is invade ME countries one by one, kill 90% of their inhabitants, burn the entire country for weeks, and sell any survivors into slavery?

plank for President!
  13. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,035

And salt the fields.
  14. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,390
    Right! Man, I need to brush up on my Roman playbook; those guys were boss.
  15. nolagator

nolagator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +400
    Why is 19 your magic number? And what if instead of explosives or planes they inject themselves with something like Ebola? 21 days of incubation? What if they infect children coming across the border? What would just the fear of Ebola do to our economy?

Sleep tight, our border is secure. Just ask Washington!
  16. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    No, because if you leave 10% those are the ones that grow up with extreme anti-Americanism, regroup 20 years down the road and attack us.

Frankly, I think the only way this works is if we blow up literally every other person on earth that isn't American. We might need some more tanks.
  17. nolagator

nolagator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +400
    Why not at least try to secure the Borders? Add to that, let other Nations govern themselves unless they become a threat to the USA.

BUT we can support our allies.
  18. gatorplank

Ratings Received:
    +446
    I think the strategy of both the Bush and Obama administrations has been particularly ineffective. Neither of them have lead to peace. If we are going to be at war for generations with these countries, and we are going to have Americans dying in these wars for generations, then we should just end it once and for all. We have the most powerful military in the history of the world, so we have the means to do it. There are times in history that call for the annihilation of entire nations. These nations are a cancer. There is no rehabilitating them. Just like Israel has a right to self-defense we as the United States have a right to self-defense.

I think the new U.S. Foreign Policy should be: if your nation's government supports terrorism in any way, then your nation is marked for extinction. Period.

We've already tried the Bush way and the Obama way and neither of those were real solutions to the problem. We've tried to play nice, and that hasn't worked. So now it is time to try something else.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,035

That won't work. Got to take out all the Muslims, liberals, atheists, and anyone else that doesn't have an approved mindset.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. gatorplank

Ratings Received:
    +446
    How about we just draw the line at "people who kill other people for any other reason than self-defense."