Matt Sandusky, the son, was also abused.

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by RayGator, Jan 21, 2014.

1. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,378
    Tuesday 1.21.14 Tampa Tribune
    AP

>> PENN STATE: The son of former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky participated in a documentary about his father's sexual-abuse case and hopes to become an advocate for child victims.

Matt Sandusky told the Centre Daily Times that he took part in "Happy Valley" because he has become strong enough to tell his story and wants to help other survivors. The 100-minute film, debuting this week at the Sundance Film Festival, explores whether it was an open secret that Jerry Sandusky was molesting boys.

"For me and all survivors it is important to have control over the timing and setting of the disclosure," Matt Sandusky told the newspaper.

Matt Sandusky had been listed as a defense witness at his father's 2012 trial, but he instead disclosed through lawyers that he had also been abused and didn't take the stand. Jerry Sandusky, convicted on 45 counts involving 10 boys, maintains his innocence and is appealing his conviction. He is serving a 30-year to 60-year prison term. <<

www.tbo.com/sports

Well, certainly great that Matt is wanting to help other boys who have suffered abuse. And as sad as it is that young boys have suffered this, it is so hard to understand how a father could do that to his own son. There is a young boy that I know that has had that happen to him. And his Dad is in prison. And the young boy is such a great kid!
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    Wow..what a sad story, but at least it's been exposed, and the stench for Happy Valley has apparently been dealt with, and people can recover, hopefully, move on.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,631
    no way the Mother did not know this was going on-imnsho
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    Matt was a foster child of the Sandusky's and later adopted by them. I don't know his age at adoption, but I wouldn't be suprised if he fit the profile of the 8-12 year old that Sandusky would groom.

I believe that we'll continue to hear more of these terrible accounts as additional victims come forward to share their experiences about what this monster did to them.

It's utterly mind boggling that Sandusky was allowed to roam free for close to three years, while the case against him was "built." Our Attorney General (now Governor) took his sweet time so that the investigation didn't get in the way of his fundraising (over $600,000 in contributions from 2nd mile board members) or damage his standing among Penn State alum and fans (approximately 75% of the state's population).

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2012/07/17/4-sandusky-questions-tom-corbett-answer/
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 4
  5. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,378
    My goodness. How utterly disgusting that someone would put their political ambitions above the abuse of these boys. I sure hope he has been confronted by the media in Pennsylvania about this.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    Unfortunately that is standard operating procedure among the political class.
  7. tommyuf21

Ratings Received:
    +578
  8. tommyuf21

Ratings Received:
    +578
    Yes he has. Here is an account of one of these moments.--

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett blew up at a reporter who questioned his handling of the criminal probe into former Penn State football assistant Jerry Sandusky as an investigation revealed Thursday that top officials at the university had “total and consistent disregard” for Sandusky’s victims.
    Corbett, who launched the criminal investigation into Sandusky when he was the Keystone State’s attorney general, has faced criticism for the investigation’s length — it was three years before an indictment was handed down — and because his administration approved a $3 million grant to Second Mile, the charity Sandusky ran and used as a way to recruit victims. Sandusky was no longer running the organization at the time.reporter asked the governor on Thursday if the investigation, which was commissioned by Penn State’s Board of Trustees and written by a team led by former FBI director Louis Freeh, made him wish he had handled any element of the case differently, it drew an angry rebuke.
    “Why are you all obsessed with that?” he said of criticism about the length of the criminal probe. “It’s been answered over and over and over again … 45 of 48 counts. We do not hold up investigations for anything.
    “You are disparaging the reputation of men and women in that office who have worked very hard to get results and take a monster off the street,” he continued,
    according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. He said the question was “out of line.”----

He is running for reelection. In a recent poll, 40% in his own party said he did not deserve to be reelected.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/78458.html#ixzz2r5HV02Is
    • Like Like x 1
  9. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,736
    There's a special place in hell for the jerry sanduskys' of this world.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. gatorgrl

gatorgrl Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +192
    it would be the burning bed reenactment. or a knife in the heart. aAin't playing.
  11. gatorgrl

gatorgrl Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +192
  12. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,318
    Disagree. You'll be surprised how well sexual abuse is tight nipped. Years of sexual abuse will most likely go undetected unless the victim says something no matter how close to home it is.
  13. MyakkaGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,736
    The dude that walked in on him and the boy in the shower and did nothing about it speaks volumes of the culture that was norm there. He is a disgusting excuse for a human being for not helping that child. Sandusky was taking so,e of their boys to bowl game trips so I'm pretty skeptical that nobody knew. If that's their idea of protecting the greater good of that program, then they all need to end up in the worst part of purgatory.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +181
    The travesty in all this is that Sandusky is in isolation. He needs to be in a maximum security prison in the general population. That's where we would find our justice.
  15. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,378
    You are a 1,000 % Right!

We all have read/seen many reports NOW on the travesty that happened at Penn State. And of course, and rightly so, much of it has to do with former Coach Paterno and others. But the one guy that seems to get so very little attention, and a pass from the media, is the guy who saw what the pervert Sandusky was doing to a boy in the shower and did absolutely nothing to stop it!

I forget that sorry-ass guy's name right now. But evidently he had played LB or some other position for the Nittany Lions and was now a GA or something else on the staff. And he was a big guy, maybe something like 6-2 220. So anyway, he's in the locker room area and hears some strange noise in the showers. He goes to take a look, sees what Sandusky is doing to the little boy. And what does he do? Absolutely nothing! Yeah, right, he goes home and tells mommy and daddy what he saw had happened. Now his conscience is clear, I guess. You would think a guy like him would be outraged to the point of seeing what was happening that he would storm into the shower, knock Sandusky on his rear end, if nothing else more, and call the cops on the guy! Sure, instead, he remains calm, ignores it, and goes home.

And of course no one in the media seems to think it's a big deal. As far as I know they have never confronted that guy. If they did, I missed it.
  16. MyakkaGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,736
    What i don't understand is how people didn't know that he strong-armed paterno with the shower incident! Douche bag went from a G.A. To assistant head coach virtually over night! He should be in prison right next to Sandusky for his neglect of that child and the shakedown the he employed afterward! This would confirm paterno knew as well.
  17. Claygator

Claygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +276
    I think this was widely reported by the media. As I understand it, he did report the incident to university officials. While I agree he should have done more, he did report what happened to officials at PSU who oversaw university operations, including the university police. I think he assumed that they were going to take action, which they did not.
  18. tommyuf21

Ratings Received:
    +578
    A story that I've heard from some central PA politicos is that McQuery went to Centre County DA Ray Gricar some time after he reported the incident to Paterno.

Gricar started looking into it.

A few months later, Gricar's car was found parked in Lewisburg, a few blocks from the Susquehanna. Gricar was never seen again.

Just a story, take it for what its worth.
  19. MyakkaGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,736
    If that's your kid, do you still report it? He would get a beat down of epic proportions and be damn lucky if I didn't kill him...then I report him!!!! He saw that and he only reports it???? He should be sitting in the same cell with Sandusky!!