Massachusetts now requires picture on EBT card

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatordowneast, Jul 2, 2013.

1. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,309
    you know, you have absolutely nothing to offer by the kind of crap.
  2. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,034
    Now, now queen....let's not use the voice of reasoning...common sense...and practicality. Using such things throws a real monkey wrench into their argument.

Everything you noted is as spot on as rationally possible. The argument the libs use to oppose voting ID requirements is baseless and they know it. They have convinced themselves that their poor little Democratic minority old lady isn't going to be able to vote because she isn't able to acquire a photo ID....horsechit and we ALL know, including them. That same little old lady is getting her groceries....somewhere. Odds are she isn't using a debit card or credit card, but still writing checks---old habits are hard to break you know. Odds are she has as many photo IDs as the rest of us, but wouldn't think about committing voter fraud. It is more likely her grandson...or nephew....of the younger kid down the street from her, who is more likely to be voting two or three or more times per election, for the promise of a carton of cigs--a 6-pack of beer--any number of reasons to entice voter fraud. Yet the left tries so weakly to put this off as a burden on the poor victims....the minorities who are typically elderly.

Horsechit and the left knows it.
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,886
    But, you make too many salient points for most in the party of the Jacka$$ to comprehend.
  4. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,106
    I know...it's bad when a woman tries to inject common sense, isn't it?
  5. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +2,309
    Republicans still at it. In North Carolina:

link
  6. sappanama

sappanama VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +251
    Which part is objectionable? That you vote where your legal address is, or that it might cut down double voting?
  7. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +2,309
    of course, I suppose you first have to pretend there is double voting.
  8. sappanama

sappanama VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +251
    Or pretend that any college student, or even person, has had their voting right infringed. Or pretend that any of this is other than politics.

Since the article specifically mentions Boone/watauga it might interest you to know the 2011 population is 17189, the university is 17589, so you don't see how their vote could skew an election, even though the vast majority have no permanent ties to the community.
  9. icequeen

Ratings Received:
    +4,106
    I guess I'm at a loss on this, because here in NY you have to have your vehicle registered in state after a certain time even if you're a student. We had 6 months to do ours. And you have to have the same address on your driver's license as your vehicle registration. When I send my daughter to UF and then my son, I expect them to have all their stuff registered in Florida - they'd be living there, etc. If nothing else, that would qualify them as an in-state student. So why would I have them listed as residing in NY if they're in FL?

Another example would be like me saying I'm really a resident of Florida even though I've lived in NY since 2002.

I know you posted some numbers, but you would be assuming each student voted. How many college students actually vote? And again, what exactly constitutes a permanent tie to a community? Do you have to have family there? How long of a residency is needed? Does being in school automatically mean you don't have ties to the community? What does that say about local students then? Does that mean they shouldn't vote in Gainesville elections even though they've been in Gainesville their whole lives on the off chance they might move elsewhere?

And if the Democrats were doing this, there are some who would be defending this as a great decision to cut down on tax abuses and the possibility that conservative-leaning students would adversely affect an election in a mostly liberal area.

If the kid is 18...guess what? The kid is now an adult. They should be voting where they are residing period. That goes for any party, for any race, sex, religion, etc - if the student is 18 and living somewhere else for school - ESPECIALLY if they're benefiting from in-state tuition now - then that's where they should be registered to vote. If the student is good enough, smart enough, and responsible enough to go away for school, then why not be responsible to vote where they are?
  10. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    It is the truth and the truth hurts. You have operatives running to public housing offering free meals and transportation if they will vote...do the same thing to get them an ID. A free meal and transportation. And don't give me the bunk that it doesn't happen....Corrine Brown gave away 5000 free meals in Jax this year and I know the caterer. He obviously required payment in advance.
  11. icequeen

Ratings Received:
    +4,106
    And again, if they're in public housing, they had to qualify for it through government applications, forms, etc, so why weren't they issued ID cards at that point if they didn't have one?
  12. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +783
    Liberalism 101: Everyone has the constitutional right to vote twice ... or more if he/she can get away with it.
  13. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +5,886
    The poor, all, have them, it's that the party of the Jacka$$ in congress don't want their voters to be forced to mandatorily show them (picture ID's) when voting.
  14. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,693
    Just nothing but the usual talking points, Limbaugh insults and fact-free narrative from the usual right wing suspects.
  15. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +5,886
    Like protecting our right to insure that voting is done legally? :roll:
  16. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +2,309
    you guys keep saying that. you just have trouble showing that it happens. same old stuff
  17. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +2,309
    nothing to do with voter ID.
  18. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Can you read? If you libs can buy them a free meal and provide them transportation to vote, why can't you do the same to assist them in getting an ID card.

You libbies either don't want to inconvenience a very small # of potential voters or you are concerned that you have a number of people who don't actually want to be identified...unless of course it is to get their guvmint handouts paid for by the rest of us. Or...as I stated earlier...reserve the ability to cheat.

What possible reason is their not to produce a valid ID proving you are who you say you are? We do in Florida...along with our voters registration card.
  19. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +5,886
    They sound like they want to "protect" their voting fraud.
  20. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +2,309
    I think I've already explained it at length.