Massachusetts now requires picture on EBT card

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatordowneast, Jul 2, 2013.

1. sappanama

sappanama VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +188
    So your hypothesis is that pubs don't want senior citizens, blacks, or Hispanics to vote? Surprising, in that the news has been full of articles on what they can do to gain more votes. What % of the supposed 11% without id vote now, it seems if you are that disconnected from society you probably aren't voting anyhow. I'm betting it is no greater than the fraud%. You doth protest to much. Bottom line is this is a contrived partisan pile of manure. Don't engage in society, work, have utility service, health insurance, drive a car, get a discount on a coffee or movie, open a bank account, buy a car or a gun by showing id, we realize you are to limited in so many ways , we'll take care of everything for you, we the politicians promise, really!!
  2. Gatoragman

Gatoragman VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +56
    Row, you may be right, but it sure appears every cycle it comes up about voter fraud. It may be just stories of dead people voting, of the same people voting several times, or whatever the charge may be. Don't you agree in this day with the technological advances we have and the abilities to to have atms, cc, internet accounts etc... with little to no fraud other than an occational id theft that we just take this off the table? If everyone has to provide an id, and everyone is provided an opportunity to get one, if for no other reason it would take the appearance of fraud away from all the pubs that call for it. I don't understand what's wrong with that?
    Not everyone has ill intentions for wanting this.
  3. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,379
    If this were true, they would change the laws NOW, publicize the new standards and give everyone 4 years to adapt.

Buy they don't--they try to make these changes as close to Election Day as is feasible. Why? To create problems for those who don't vote pub so they will be shut out from voting.
  4. Gatoragman

Gatoragman VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +56
    I have a serious question for all you not voter id guys and girls. Do any of you personally know someone without any form of id? I am not talking about someone you read about or saw on tv, does anybody know anyone without an id?
  5. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    LMAO. I love it. Michi nailed it! No more frickin excuses about the lack of IDs.
  6. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,379
    No. Apparently, it is a big issue in several mostly rust belt states.
  7. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Is there a possibility that some of these "criminals" trading EBT cards (as the MA story reveals) may also participate in other types of fraud? If there is that possibility, why not a pic ID to vote? Whether on a DL, EBT card, passport, or Guvmint issued ID, what is the big deal? Of course we will now create a market for crooks to make fake "gov't ID cards" but lets try to have at least one qualification besides getting dragged to the polls with the promise of a free meal.
  8. Gatoragman

Gatoragman VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +56
    Apparently..........Really that is your answer.
  9. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,379
    Yeah. So?

If you want specifics, use the Google.
  10. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,866

So why the push for voter ID when the evidence says that it would eliminate almost no voter fraud if any at all? You don't think it's because of the groups that don't have ID are more likely to vote Democratic?
    Why not push for big changes in absentee voting given that what little voter fraud there is is almost always there? You don't not think it's because Republicans are more likely to vote absentee?
    Why the push to cut back on early voting hours, when there's no evidence of fraud there at all? You don't think it's because Democrats are more likely to vote then?
    Why the push to make it harder for college students to vote when, again, there's no evidence of fraud? You don't think it's because college students are more likely to vote Democratic?
    How about Ohio Republicans trying to make early voting open only to military? You don't think it's because military is more likely to vote Republican?

All just a coincidence, I guess.
  11. anstro76

anstro76 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +919
    yes
  12. sappanama

sappanama VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +188
    because it is the 21st century, and it is the easiest way to prevent fraud on the election process. i agree that you should have to send a picture of your id to absentee vote. no it has not been my life experience that democrats are more likely to do anything early compared to republicans or independents, see congress as example.
    i think college kids should vote in their home district, i see nothing fair about an 18 yo with a >40% chance of flunking out, or a 60% chance of graduating, and moving home or other places for work voting on local issues that impact the residents far into the future. as for national or statewide elections i agree the chance for fraud is smaller, but now their is no means to keep people from voting at college either early or late, and doing an absentee ballot from home. this also applies to non college persons living away while working, do you really believe they have cancelled their previous registrations to vote?.
    as for coincidence, do you not think dems asking to maintain a necessary step from 50 years ago, on todays more modern computer based society, by steadfastly supporting no ID votes is worthy of suspicion. why do you insist on maintaining
    peoples status and engagement in society as if it were 1965 still? could it be that you believe they will continue to vote for their providers? i think so. We are now4 generations into assistance and have not improved quality of life, rather we have created a level of dependance that i don't think even the "founders" thought possible. The percentage of black voters registered now outranks white voters, i think its reasonable to have people show ID to vote, because they have to show it for everything else!
  13. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,560
    Good, because the next logical step is to enforce picture ID's laws when voting... and the "poor" will no longer have a "racist" excuse not to have one. :grin:

Snap... goes the camera. :wave:
  14. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,866
    Here are two stories which talk about how Democrats are more likely to vote early, Republicans more likely absentee.

link
    link

you figure the recent Republican push to make it harder for college students to vote is simply because they just now realized that students have been voting at college and, by gosh, that's just not right?

that's just rambling. why are you trying to change the subject to govt assistance?
  15. sappanama

sappanama VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +188
    evidently, now, so is healthcare, so will you no longer have to show id to be treated, how will you track who is being treated, or who is to pay the bill. will you just walk into a hospital and sign next to someones name from a national census list?
    there might not be data sighting the benefits of voter id, because you are so interested in keeping people down rather than letting them rise to their potential, that you refuse the possibility of trying it to maintain your perverted influence, because you want let it pass.
    i don't know of any obstacles to getting a state issued id, what are they? it can't be transportation because everybody finds a way to get to the grocery store, hair salon, the movie theater,school, BHG for games, dare I say work; it can't be cost because it's free; and to reiterate my feeling on this, if they are so detached from society that they have no id, i would guess they very little interest in voting. both the dems and the pubs offer transportation to vote why not for getting lawful id? it really just doesnt make sense in this day and age.
  16. sappanama

sappanama VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +188
    because its not 1965 anymore and as i stated at that time it probably was necessary, but it isn't today.the subject wasnt changed, but expanded on. to say to large blocks of white, black, hispanic, asian, elderly people that you understand that they cannot function in this modern society and dont worry cuz we'll make it all ok for you, be it voting, or public assistance or whatever is criminal. ITS A ID, its not asking anyone to write a dissertation on voting in the 21st century
  17. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +828
    You didn't expect more did you? :laugh::laugh:
  18. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,462
    Look my grandmother who never drove a day in her life had a state-issued ID so that she could go to the bank with my mom and cash her Social Security checks. When she went to the doctor's office, they'd ask for her ID to match her up with the Medicaid/Medicare cards she was presenting.

If any of you travel, you need to have some kind of ID to fly - Driver's license, passport, photo ID, etc. To pick up my kid from school anyone I authorize has to show ID to prove who they are.

TO BUY ALCOHOL you need to show an ID.

So tell me why would you NOT need to show an ID to vote?

And now if the EBT requires a picture, then yes - perfect use that one. It's issued by the government for a service provided. It's legit. No one's gong to stand there and point at you and laugh "OH MY GOSH! YOU'VE GOT EBT! HA HA HA HA!"
  19. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Always reserve the right to cheat. The democratic motto. We've all seen this act before. Get your voters to get a pic id or they can sit their asses at home playing with their free Obama phones.
  20. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,462
    As for the college student thing - you are allowed to vote where you are a legal resident, correct? If a student is away at school, is renting or living in a dorm, purchasing things in the area, affected by the area, etc, then why shouldn't they vote where they live at that time? That'd be like telling a military family who has to move all over the country that they can't vote because they're not "tied down" to a place for a certain amount of time, or could leave at any time. Who is to say that student wouldn't go on to get a job in that same community? Those votes would affect them for sure.

And obviously we're talking American Citizen students, not anyone else.