Marshall Henderson and that Gator chomp of his

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by deathroll, Feb 18, 2014.

1. deathroll

deathroll Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +497
    Guy is the ultimate chucker. I do not understand how/why he's allowed to shoot anytime and from anywhere. I don't get it. I've always wondered what the other Ole Miss players must think.

I also remember his little Gator chomp. I'm guessing we have 4 seniors that remember it too.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. deathroll

deathroll Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +497
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor x 1
  3. ufgator4ever

ufgator4ever Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +182
    He's lucky he didn't do a Kentucky meow. Not sure it helps the Gators for Saturday, but they are getting meowed down on their home court.
  4. gatorev12

gatorev12 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    I hope Kurtz dunks over that pr*k and does the landshark in his face (I'm intentionally using Kurtz here, as I hope he's in the game with a minute to play since we're stomping the life out of Ole Miss)--and plus, it'll be sweet revenge for our walk-on to deliver the ultimate coup-de-grace...
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. keefer

keefer Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,718
    When I played we had a name for a guy like MH..........Ball hog. Thats all that dude is. Way overrated. I have seen him shoot so many air balls and bricks that real shooters never shoot. Just because a guy has the ability to get a shot off doesn't mean its a good shot. Some of his shots are such low percentage shots. He kills offensive flow.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 08gatorbait

08gatorbait Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +965
    I guarantee every player that was apart of that game watches it 20x this week...and they will be motivated to beat down that little pos.
  7. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +392
    I was at the Ole Miss game in the O Dome last year, and although he does hog the ball, he was unstoppable. Insufferable as well, but UF couldn't do anything about him. He made unbelievable shot after shot all game long.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  8. mac4lyfe

mac4lyfe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +570
    ^ When he's hot, it's impossible to stop him but when he's cold (which is more often), he is horrible. He took a shot tonight toward the end of the game that was a WTH moment? He was almost laying on his back and just threw it up hoping to get a foul, I guess. I'm so glad he's not a Gator.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. gatorich

gatorich Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +330
    One other point from the game tonight by the announcers: he is a much higher percentage shooter when the game is not on the line and the shot means little. I thought that was a very telling statement.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. nihilan_the_gator

nihilan_the_gator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +82
    Then he almost burst a blood vessel in his head, he was so mad he didn't get the call. Very amusing sequence.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Billygator76

Billygator76 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +54
    By the end of the game he is probably getting a little cranky and thinking about getting back to his locker.
  12. Swamp_of_Gators

Swamp_of_Gators Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +483
    I love competitive games that come down to the last minute, but I hope we blow the roof off of their joint from the opening tip, and someone smashes one on that spaz for good measure.
  13. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +697
    I only watched a little of that game here and there, but every time I did he was doing that, just absolultey screaming at the official and flailing his arms around demonstrably. Seriously what does this guy have to do to get a technical?

Ironically as the game was winding down Randle was on a break getting ready to dunk it and henderson hacked him and got a flagarant one, which while it was definitely a cheap shot I thought it was less deserving than some of the other crap he's pulled.
  14. Distant Gator

Distant Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +396
    Sort of unrelated but I don't understand why an opponent doing a Gator chomp does not draw a T or an unsportsmanlike penalty (in football.)

The rule says you cannot taunt and this is clearly taunting us. If we do it, that's celebrating. It's our cheer. But for anyone else it's clearly taunting- there's no other way around it- so why isn't it a T or a PF?

Things I'll never understand.
    • Agree Agree x 5
  15. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +746
    Their team is a lot worse than last year. Says a lot about his so-called abilities.
  16. GatoRella

GatoRella Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +215
    Dude has some serious kind of disorder, multiple personality maybe? He was sticking his fingers in his ears last night to quiet the voices in his head.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. themistocles

themistocles Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +360
    Sheesh, give the kid a break. They just did something there was absolutely no way they should have accomplished, beating a very good Gator team in the SEC tournament championship game, and it was his 3 that caused the win, so, it is perfectly understandable for a child, who has been given more respect that he deserves throughout his life, would do something that silly to "mock" the team they had just amazingly beaten.

Realize, of course, that although you don't often see Billy D's Gators doing the chomp, it sometimes occurs for all Gator teams. If not the players, then the fans. So, to a certain extent, he saw this a payback.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bryan85

Bryan85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +206
    I saw the first half expecting a close game. UK smoked from the get. UK is more more of a team than they were 6 weeks ago. Also, they came off the mat, so to speak even being eliminated from the SEC championship race at home, Sat. evening. I give them credit. They'll be tough in G'ville on March 8th and tough after that.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Bear1974

Bear1974 VIP Member VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +197
    Henderson has mental issues or is a hot head on the court because he was or still maybe a crackhead.

I thought he had a better year last year.

Everytime I watch this guy on tv you just get the sense he is going through drug withdrawal issues.

There is just something very off centered about that guy who is not going to have any NBA career because he can't play defense and he is not athletic.

He is a good college player that will sometimes have his good games in terms of scoring but he is not the same level of talent of Jason Williams of whom their tends to be this comparison.
  20. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,691
    In recent years, coaches have really shifted their thinking on three point shots (mostly due to analaytics, though Pitino/Donovan were ahead of the curve on this). Outside of a dunk or getting fouled in the paint, a three point shot from a kid who can make it--really just about any three point shot provided it is from a comfortable spot on the floor for the shooter--is preferable to just about everything else, including mid range jumpers, drives into the lane, post shots, etc. So where a guy like Henderson may have been problematic in decades past, now a coach like Kennedy looks at the fact that he can make them, does the numbers, and lives with the misses. Statistically speaking, his true shooting percentage (including FTs) and effective shooting percentage (2s/3s) are pretty decent. Without him, they would be a plodding, inefficient half court offense.

All of that being said, Henderson is terrible defensively, he makes coaching very difficult because you can tell he doesn't play with a real great awareness of what is going on in the game, and his lack of restraint shooting often means his teammates can't get into the flow of the game offensively. There were so many times last year that they could have run things through Holloway or Buckner against opponents in foul trouble or with weak post defense, yet Henderson couldn't discipline himself.
    • Like Like x 1