Mark Schlabach says UF is a top 25 team next year.

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Jan 8, 2014.

1. brimley

brimley Member

Ratings Received:
    +99
    Yeah, I hear what you're saying & see your point. I just felt the team was poorly coached overall in all aspects of the game-yes, some great "D" here or there, but when you lose to GSU not much more can be said. Just a question on if Pease was the one to take "the fall" for results. I hope you're right, looking forward to next year to see what happens..!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,005
    That team we put out there against GSU was a shell of its self from earlier In the season. Those kids were demoralized all season from a. Watching so many of their teammates and leaders go out for the season

And

B. Got tired when they realized even if they held the opponents to 21 pts we probably couldn't match that on offense. It gets tough to go 100 % every play/game that late into a season you knew was futile by that point.

Though sad and VERY embarrassing I don't put a whole lot of stock in how our defense played in that game.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. G8R8U2

G8R8U2 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +261
    Might as well just go ahead and fire him then. As good as I think Roper will be for our program, it's still a new offense he'll be installing, which will still put us behind the more established teams in the conference... it's going to take more than just 1 year to overhaul that disaster and be hitting on all cylinders.

AU's 1-year turnaround was extraordinarily rare, and honestly they should have had 2 more losses, to UGA and Bama; and would have but for 2 of the craziest plays I've ever seen in 40 years of watching football.

I think we'll be competitive in probably every game; but we have to be honest, we're playing 3 recent NC programs (Bama, FSU, and LSU), plus USC that won 11 games and Mizzou that won 12... my tempered expectations with what will probably be the nation's toughest schedule next season is if we win 8 I'll be quite impressed.
  4. born2beagator

born2beagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,394
    you can if you take into account all the players who were unable to play but will likely be healthy by the season
  5. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +741
    I don't get the 'surprise' here about being in the top 25; the only surprise to me, is that we're surpised to be projected to fininsh in the top 25.

I'm expecting a return to the top 10.

GO GATORS!!
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1