Mark O'Mara & His Dream Team Living It Up In NYC

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Jaggator, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,128

Then you would have hated the State's closing argument in State v. Zimmerman.

But of course, you missed all of that.
  2. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Boy, you nailed me on that. Guilty as charged!
  3. Lawdog88

Ratings Received:
    +2,128

You are quite welcome.
  4. sappanama

sappanama VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +230
    As a fiscally conservative independent, this case and many recent examples of police excessive ness, have opened my eyes to the plight of defendants in this system whether they be black, white, hispanic. Gideon's army was a show about public defenders, the 3 chronicled in the show had an average of 140 open cases, if z had that type defense what are the chances the state would have gotten a conviction or plea, or do everyday. The most important change for me in the last 3 months is the absolute need for checks on the state, and not just the judiciary but the executive and legislative functions. See drone strikes on even us citizens with NO due process, see obamacare, see nsa spying, see police surveillance, see the irs, see the police militarization with seemingly no accountability. As govt gets bigger and bigger the need for checks on its power becomes more apparent to me at least
  5. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Saw Gideon's Army - and recommended it to lawdog - and it was very good and eye opening, though I had a pretty good idea about how hard their job is already and the fact that jail time is a given for many accused because they can't make bail. When that happens the pressure to plead out is intense. Similar but worse to the pressure to settle civil suits because of fear of the expense of the legal system. I have a close contact who is a federal prosecutor so I get that side of the story as well, but there is no doubt that they mostly get to choose the cases that go to court. They have other problems which makes convicting anyone in a timely fashion difficult as well. My contact interned doing public defense so he is not unmindful of the difficult issues they face. I was very impressed with the young man - who wasn't? - and she was very good too, though I thought I detected a seminole T-shirt under her sweater in one scene.

http://gideonsarmythefilm.com/
  6. sappanama

sappanama VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +230
    So you now speak for all of us, good to know, I'll just sign off
  7. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26

Finally.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
  8. DeanMeadGator

DeanMeadGator '63 Gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +216
    Contrast this with government employees who do this and worse at taxpayers' expense.

Terrible thing it is - having lunch and paying for it with your own money. THE HORROR!!
  9. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +829
    So the people who are outraged over this lunch are the same people who are not outraged over the civil rights violations and abuse of the Patriot Act by the NSA?

got it!
  10. Lawdog88

Ratings Received:
    +2,128

Well, they seem to be outraged that Jessie and Al have to go back to eat'n chitlins' and blackeyed peas.
  11. SmootyGator

SmootyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +811
    Lol. Name one poster.
  12. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,203
    :laugh:
  13. DeanMeadGator

Ratings Received:
    +216
    As a lifelong Republican, my heart goes on to the family of Travon Martin. Two people made bad choices, and it resulted in a tragedy.

I am astounded that some liberals really believe Republicans are in favor of divesting any group of people of their civil rights. I am equally astonished that such a large number of African Americans continue to proclaim that they are victims. This perpetuates a multi-generational belief that blacks are victims. Of what use is this to future generations?

Where is the outrage that blacks are killing blacks at an alarming rate in Chicago? Why is Rev. Sharpton silent on this problem? Where are the protests?

Is the rationale for so many black children growing up without their father in the house based on victimology?

Is everthing about race?? Are all African Americans victims? If so, who is to blame?? Is it whites, self-perception of African Americans, Republicans or others? Where is the is the proof that Republicans are hell bent to deprive African Americans of their civil rights?

Is President Obama a victim? If not, why not?

• Like Like x 1
  14. DeanMeadGator

Ratings Received:
    +216
    Please wear a shirt that reads "I do not believe in the American judicial system. Iran has a better system."

Football players who play a mere game [and their fans] celebrate a hit that causes a concussion. High fives all around!!

I know Mark's reputation. He is a true professional and represents his clients well. To launch an attack against a lawyer when one does not like a verdict is ridiculous. Would one attack a surgeon if he or she saved the life of a white person?

If you are ever charged with a serious crime, select a lawyer whose heart is not in your defense.