Mark Levin and Neil Cavuto...

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mocgator, Jul 31, 2013.

1. mocgator

mocgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +731
    I love me some Mark Levin. By far the best voice of conservatism on the airwaves. He captures here my sentiments exactly...

NEIL CAVUTO: Do you think this is going to be a real, you know, interfamily -- more than a squabble but maybe a big old fight for Republicans on what is proper privacy protections verses life protection?

MARK LEVIN: Yes, because we conservatives have been fighting against the Republican establishment for half a century. Whether they take the form of Chris Christie and Romney or whether they take the form of Gerald Ford and Richard Nixon, and this country needs to move in a new direction, economically, constitutionally, when it comes to our Bill of Rights and so forth. I take this backstep to nobody in securing the border, securing the country.

CAVUTO: Wait. Wait. If Chris Christie were the Republican nominee, in 2016, would Mark Levin support him?

LEVIN: I doubt it.

CAVUTO: Really?

LEVIN: I doubt it.

CAVUTO: If Hillary Clinton were the Democratic nominee, would you sit the election out?

LEVIN: I don't know, we'll see. I'm sick and tired -- Neil, this is the problem. Guys like me have been voting Republican our entire lives and were taken advantage of and the base is under attack now. One of your colleagues there, Karl Rove, has actually set up a PAC to attack the tea party in primaries and so forth. I've had enough. I'm not going to be a sucker anymore.
  2. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    bah, ha, ha! If Mark Levin is the best the conservatives have, then it just shows how pathetic conservatism is in the US.
  3. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +923
    Mark Levin makes perfect sense to me so jdrgator - you may try to listen to him. You just may learn something.
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,861
    Oh, wow. I'm surprised you didn't say he sucks while you at it. But, you like Obama, the killer of jobs, right?
  5. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Spoken by someone who supports the party of Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Barney Frank, the Race Baiting Rent a Riot Reverends and tens of millions of voters who could not even spell Rat unless you give them the R and the T.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,177
    No doubt that HRC or someone else in 2016 will be scary enough for conservatives that they will vote for whoever is opposing them, Mark Levin included. Then he'll keep writing books on how conservatives are being sold out, like he has for the last few decades.
  7. oaklandroadie

oaklandroadie Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
    Insightful. Really. Coming from the side that thinks Bradley Manning is a hero, and the kid on the fryer should have his wage doubled.
  8. vangator1

vangator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
    I like Mark Levin also.

Liberals are incapable of learning anything. They're like parrots.
  9. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,612
    Y'know, at some point you let go of the rope. The country that would follow up the moral and political abyss of this administration by running to Hillary, deserves the crappy outcome it will guarantee itself. Let the grasshoppers play all summer and the ants just keep working.
  10. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    Which why that is actually pretty smart on his part, personally/professionally, but pretty sad for those on the right who keep buying his books. It is also why I think it's laughable that moc would claim he's the best conservative voice on the radio.

Best how? In separating foolish conservatives from their money?
  11. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,948
    Who would you say is the best conservative voice out there?
  12. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,244
    Is the tea party even relevant any more? The movement may have started with good intentions but its brand was seriously hurt when it was weighed down by a collection of high profile idiots.
  13. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    He's an entertainer who makes a living selling outrage and resentment. Business is good.
  14. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,859
    I said that they were the next Reform Party, which stood for "I am angry." Once the RP started to act like a real party they found that they didn't really have a platform. It is entirely plausible that the Tea Party is going to go the same way. I can't see how taking over the Republican Party is a good idea. I understand branding and current cash flow but if you are truly disenfranchised you need a resolute divorce.

That goes the same for the idiots who have taken over the Democratic Party. The traditional party enthusiasts need to repudiate their group and start over.
  15. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,612
    Well, systemic political persecution by the most powerful agency in the executive branch will take some of the mustard off any hot dog. And then they have the actual RNC actively trying to reduce the influence in party politics, too. I think both of those rank ahead of some message confusion.
  16. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,308
    Well, I think you guys ought to go with a Tea Party candidate for president. Suggestions?
  17. co_gator89

co_gator89 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,512
    If the best voice conservatives have on the airwaves is a high-pitched, nasally whine that is consistently rude and nasty with its callers then I don't know what to tell you. The guy is a jerk. He's the right's Ed Schultz.
  18. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    He's an intelligent legal professional who has almost single handedly brought about the scrutiny and soon to be downfall of the IRS. His organization has brought about several lawsuits vs. the IRS for their outlandish partisan attacks on conservatives groups. Most of the comments from the local libs about Levin are nothing more than personal attacks, since they have no reasonable way to discredit him. So you don't like his politics, therefore he must be an a--hole. Truth is he's about ten times smarter than any liberal commentator on the scene.
  19. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    You assume there are good ones out there...just kidding...just kidding. :laugh:

I am not so sure about those who would qualify if we have to stick to a strict definition of conservatism as opposed to center-right thinkers (and/or libertarianism) But in no particular order, of current thinkers/voices/writers.... I'd say Reihan Salam is one of my favorite, but I also read David Frum, Bruce Bartlett, Thomas Sowell, and Daniel Larison.
  20. squigator

squigator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +248
    Name one tea party candidate or elected official that's a bigger idiot than Nancy Pelosi.