Manziel quote!

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by gatorr4life, Feb 15, 2014.

1. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    I am mot a Jags fan but if they pick him, I will be watching. Love to watch the kid play. I do think he's going to have a tough time surviving in the league, but I hope he can make it happen.
  2. buddhistgator

buddhistgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +252
    As far as I know, there isn't anything he did in college that would look all that bad at the next level. He's cocky and maybe that's a problem, but I don't think he did anything terrible.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,651
    reminds me of a qb out of jawja that everybody said the same thing about named Frances back in the 60's

that said, I think the Texans are in a no win situation-if I were GM I would take Clowney
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. proud_poppa

proud_poppa Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +232
    Actually, a former teammate of Kyle's (a D-lineman) was drafter last year by the Texans... They were so deep at DL & DE that they waved him. He was picked up by the Bucks, only to be waved again, and then picked up by the Patriots, where he started many games and was named Patriots Rookie of the Year! Congrats Chris Jones!
    My point is, I doubt that the Texans take a DL/DE with their first pick... not one of their biggest needs.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +931
    Nothing against the kid but I would trade down and get as many draft picks as humanly possible.
  6. UFreak

UFreak Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +982
    I think they could trade down and still get him.

I for one can't wait to see him play in the NFL. One of the most entertaining players in the last 15 years or so. I think he will do just fine and will be pulling for him.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,737
    I'm pretty sure watts would make him fall in line.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DMann

DMann Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +426
    If I was Jonny, I'd be trying to make a package deal with the big receiver that seemed to catch everything thrown in his direction when JM was running for his life.
  9. gnvgator

gnvgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,195
    "Suspect intangibles -- not a leader by example or known to inspire by his words," Nawrocki wrote. Carries a sense of entitlement and prima-donna arrogance seeking out the bright lights of Hollywood. Is known to party too much and is drawn to all the trappings of the game. ... Has defied the odds and proven to be a great college-system quarterback, but still must prove he is willing to work to be great, adjust his hard-partying, Hollywood lifestyle and be able to inspire his teammates by more than his playmaking ability."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...pects-in-14-nfl-draft?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cb
  10. CockyInSeattle

CockyInSeattle Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +222
    It'd be funny if they took Clowney and said they needed him to knock that chip off Johnny's shoulder twice a year.
  11. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    "Suspect intangibles -- not a leader by example or known to inspire by his words," Nawrocki wrote. Carries a sense of entitlement and prima-donna arrogance seeking out the bright lights of Hollywood. Is known to party too much and is drawn to all the trappings of the game. ... Has defied the odds and proven to be a great college-system quarterback, but still must prove he is willing to work to be great, adjust his hard-partying, Hollywood lifestyle and be able to inspire his teammates by more than his playmaking ability."

This is the same guy that wrote that scathing assessment of Cam Newton when he came out. You know, the one where he said Cam had a fake smile and was disingenuous etc. Cam may indeed have some questionable character flaws, but he can flat out ball. This guy has a problem with the people that don't fit his "mold". I don't put much stock in his reviews.[/quote]