Malaysia Flight 370

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by exiledgator, Mar 10, 2014.

1. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,964
    [​IMG]
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,934
    Couldn't wreckage have floated there over the last 2 weeks? (Assuming a Diego Garcia / Maldives destination and crash)
  3. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,334
    I don't know how much faith anyone could put into a late-night identification of a plane flying by. There may be other aircraft on that same path (flights to Dubai, for example) at night. All you can see of a plane is the lights and you can hear the engines. You could probably tell the difference between a large jet and a small one, but not between a 777 and a 747, and maybe not a 737 (if you didn't see planes very often).

I'm guessing there is a reason that all of the search efforts have been north and south of that point west of the Malaysia-Thailand border, even if they haven't made that clear. There may be a radar installation on the NW end of Indonesia, that never picked up the plane. Flight 370 would probably have to fly due west from Malaysia to fly past Maldives and have any hope of landing at an airport.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. tideh8rGator

tideh8rGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +473
    The Maldives "sighting" is supposed to have occurred after sunrise.

The alleged direction of the plane make no sense though (flying south after reaching that point with virtually no fuel left IS indeed suicide).
  5. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,374
    A little fun from Fox where they know what the Malaysian plane story is really about:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/03/21/even-the-missing-malaysian-airliner-reminds-fox/198562
  6. DaveFla

DaveFla VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,064
    Looks more like more proof of MediaMatters' obsession with Fox News than anything else. Why do you even care what O'Reilly says, river?
  7. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    Not really even anything here unless you just really have the desire to read too far into things. Also, Greg Gutfeld is awesome. "But America could close this investigation fast if it wanted to -- Well, as long as the plane's not hidden in Benghazi or the IRS building." I actually thought that was kind of funny.

River, you seem to live on MediaMatters. I wouldn't be surprised if it were your default homepage.
  8. vertigo0923

vertigo0923 night owl mod VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,701
    we find it amusing? (fox's obsession with all things benghazi) are you gonna take the fun out of that for us, too, dave?

;)
  9. DaveFla

DaveFla VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,064
    Says the Jon "Stewart is God" fan...
  10. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,701
    nope. i think he's really funny, but not 'god', where do you get this shit from? there's that 'messiah' thing too, (you know, where we didn't call obama a 'messiah', but you guys called him our 'messiah'?)

you remind me of a kid who's never happy about anything. lol. you've been this surly as long as i've been posting here. cheer up dave, at least that recent asteroid passing missed us!!
  11. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,334
    Probably a flight out of Mumbai.
  12. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,374
    I think the issue is more that Fox keeps saying such silliness rather than someone records them doing it.
  13. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    What's kind of strange to think about is that without Fox News, MediaMatters couldn't even exist. I mean they literally survive on meticulously watching and criticizing every little thing that is said and providing babyfood-thought for the left masses who can't counter what's on Fox News themselves(Disclaimer: I'm not claiming Fox News doesn't do the same). It's kind of like if someone with malicious intent decided to follow you around River, watching and recording your every move - then every time you would make a mistake, contradicted yourself, etc - they would then show those mistakes to millions of other malicious people to froth over. That's what MediaMatters is to Fox. A biased source surviving off of the mistakes of a behemoth of an entity like Fox News by then filtering those mistakes on down to their biased viewers . /endrantonmediamatters
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,701
    if not having fox and going back to the days before we had it, meant we wouldn't have media matters, or msnbc, or anything else you could lump into that category, then i'd be emphatically for that!
    there'd be lot a less division and hatred, without all of that background noise.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. lacuna

lacuna Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +864
    Doesn't the Right do the same thing? I don't know if there's an agency such as Media Matters that provides such a service for the Right as MM does for the Left, but that sort of 'chumming' is practiced here on Too Hot everyday. There are at the very least 2 right wingers regularly posting on this forum who provoke that sort of response from Too Hot's Greek chorus of conservatives. Threads of that type predictably deteriorate into feeding frenzies of indignation and hatred. Neither side is innocent in this regard.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    Media Research Center (it's founder, Brent Bozell, was found to not have written most of his syndicated opinion columns and books for the past two decades, some columns in which he criticized the media about being lazy). You can't make this stuff up.

Just to recall about the founder of Media Matters, David Brock, was a former conservative golden boy for the scurrilous things he wrote about the Clintons in the 90s. He was also the person who brought us "a little bit nutty and a little bit slutty" in reference to Anita Hill.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. lacuna

lacuna Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +864
    Thanks for the links, jdr. I have read articles on the MCR site on occasion but did not know it was specifically a watch dog for the Right.

As for Bozell, I know the name but I'm not acquainted with anything he has "written." Learning he has not authored work for which he is mendaciously credited drops him very low in my estimation. It's the next thing to plagiarism.

The excerpt from Brooks' book illustrates quite well the problem with making unsubstantiated charges. Sometimes they're little more than irresponsible insults or slurs like the post that instigated this exchange. Great example.

http://www.randomhouse.com/boldtype/0203/brock/excerpt.html

18. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    Gladly, lacuna.,

Both of them have had their own 'problems' for sure. Bozzell is the late famed William F. Buckley's cousin, but it's amazing to me how one can start a media watchdog group and publish multiple columns about the lazy media and then have this. He's pretty much a fraud (or just that which he condemns). Apparently a bunch of papers have dropped him.

Brock on the other hand isn't so clean either. It's great that he admitted to the rather nasty stuff he was involved in at the Times and Spectator (and it was pretty ugly, legendary stuff). However, this was somebody who trained as a journalist at arguably one of the best public u's in the world (Cal Berkeley) where he wrote for their newspaper, so it's hard for me to accept that he didn't "know" about getting two sources etc...I think he just bought into the forces that were at play and was drunk on the recognition and pedestal he was put upon by some of the most powerful people at the time.
  19. lacuna

lacuna Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +864
  20. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,577

bull mierda- libs make me laugh when they try to say the hatred is only on the right