love to be a fly on the wall here.....

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by lhnewman, Apr 2, 2014.

1. lhnewman

lhnewman Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +119
    what do you think Billy is saying to the team?? what is the motivating wisdom?? for UCONN because you know he's not talking or planning for anything else right now...anyone with inside knowledge??
  2. 08gatorbait

08gatorbait Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +966
    I'd show the replay of UConn celebrating like it was the national title game. Over and Over. Then when they are tired of it, show it again. Don't let them forget that loss, and that celebration, and the screw job by the refs. This team already shows up for every game vs big time opponents, but just remind them this big time opponent beat them. Just in case they forget...it has been two lifetimes since we've lost :p
  3. FakeRickSutcliffe

FakeRickSutcliffe Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +393
    I think the beauty of the situation we find our team in with these particular opponents in the Final Four is that there are no inspiring speeches or gimmicky themes necessary to get fired up to play them. They all have built-in motivational factors that go without saying. Two are the only two teams we've lost to all year and the other is...Kentucky. Nuff said.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. benheb

benheb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +397
    You are right. How could this script be written any better? It couldn't - which is exactly the situation an old gator like me respects ( but fears)

I have a lot of confidence in this gator team - they have proven so much. It makes it more intense... When you get to the point where you expect greatness, you feel vulnerable. At least I do....
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. FakeRickSutcliffe

FakeRickSutcliffe Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +393
    I agree with you 100%. My irrepressible confidence in this team is making me think I must be missing something. There are no guarantees but I feel like the only team left with any shot whatsoever at beating us right now is UK. I give the other two ZERO chance. But I know that can't be right.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,522
    I agree with everyone above. It's a bit strange to be this confident. It doesn't even make any sense. I wasn't even this confident in the 07 team and that just doesn't make sense.

At the end of the day I guess it just comes down to winning every single game you've played. It's just absolutely BIZARRE that the two teams we lost to are in the final four (I mean statistically that has to be near impossible) and the other is our biggest rival who we've owned. Win, lose or draw this is a season I will never forget to my dying day.

GO GATORS
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. fox

fox Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +363
    It's all about distractions this week. Staying focused, staying sharp, playing the game with energy but not overhyped.
  8. roflcopter

roflcopter Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +195
    These match-ups, or potential match-ups were unlikely to the point that there had to be some other force in play... if I could only put a finger on it. God.jpg