Looking for some recomendations for a good slideshow production software

Discussion in 'Gator Bytes' started by Gator515151, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Gator515151

Gator515151 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +209
    Let me tell you first what I am looking for, my intended use and what my needs are.

I have mentioned that when I retire in 3 years I intend to take 6 months out of my life and do an Appalachian Trail thru hike. I intend to take lots of pictures and videos on the way. I would like to eventually set up a web site where I can keep an online Trail Journal so any friends & family members can follow where I am and what I am doing as I travel. I am working out a plan to mail a laptop ahead from town to town so I can update my journal and add photos & videos. I will probably update my journal anytime I get internet acces via an Ipad or cell phone but photos will have to wait untill I catch up to my laptop.

Anyway so what I need is a program that is simple enough to use that I don't have to sit down for hours to produce a slide show. I'd like to be able to put music and text to the pictures & videos and maybe a few special effects. I'll be doing this on the fly so it is important that I go ahead and chose a program and start practicing with it so I will have as few problems as possible once I start my quest.

I'm going to post an example of a video that has some of the types of effects I would like to add. This was produced by a guy (trail name Rash) who had one of a few online trail journals I followed this summer. I have never met Rash but when you follow a guys trail journal every day you almost feel like you are buddys. Anyway I thought Rash did a nice job on this video with the way he zoomed in and out, paned left & right and added some video and music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unWPCRu2Vgc