Look For Obama To Jump All Over This

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by diehardgator1, Jul 30, 2013.

1. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    I keep hearing such claims but it was the lack of an investigation that actually prompted Martin's parents to hire a lawyer to push the SPD to actually investigate it further, since it wasn't for a month afterward until the story started to make the national news, and that was because a local (white) reporter sent the story to one of the major news outlets, and because a few prominent bloggers were continually writingabout it that it finally started getting coverage. This wasn't a result of the right's favorite boogiemen, who by the way are invoked all the time so the white right doesn't have to actually deal with issues of race; easier to just deflect by blaming the racial agitators...
  2. akaijenkins1

akaijenkins1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +225
    Haha, oh man people get snippy on Too Hot, huh? I got no bone to pick with you, just curious. Your reply to Gatoragman threw me off, he references the Zimmerman trial, not sure which one you're referring to when you rep him, that or this since you reply to him but don't make a distinction between the two.

There's two themes in this thread now, one is about this case and the other is about the way the law treats alleged crimes committed by police. A few posters have chimed in that there was an investigation and the officer was cleared. Some of us see that as the point: how was this guy cleared?

Couldn't figure out what side of that you were on, interesting to see the split on this one, not as lopsided as I expected when I saw the OP. Between this and the Waffle House thread it's an interesting week in TH
  3. Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,191
    What planet do you live on? Huge investigation including three weeks by the FBI showing race was not a factor. All evidence pointed to self defense as the trial confirmed.

Ms. Corey even withheld evidence to get a judge to sign off. She wouldn't take it to a GJ because she knew it wouldn't pass.

GZ will be a wealthy man. We'll see if the Martin family (already a million $ selltlement) goes after more.
  4. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Plus he was fired. So basically, the story is:

Guy is apparently getting aggressive with a clerk in an auto parts store. This off-duty officer attempts to intervene and somehow it culminates to the officer fatally shooting this man (war hero is sort of a tertiary note here solely included to garner emotional effect. it has no real bearing on the story).

A grand jury investigates and finds that there is no cause for criminal charges.

Despite this, the officer is fired.

I'm trying to find the correlation between this and the TM/GZ case and other than a white person and a black person being involved, there is none. It attempts to show that the GZ case was solely about race - which is pretty ignorant all things considered.

And yes, the story is nearly three years old.