Long Distance Relationships

Discussion in 'The GatorTail Pub' started by Wuerffel5220, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay Well-Known Member

Is it over or did she say you can still come stay with her?
  2. gator7_5

gator7_5 Well-Known Member

Yikes! Really? Why don't you go on the trip and hook up with her roommate or friend instead? Don't go beg for tang she's giving to someone else...:no:

I had a girl say she wanted a break but not a break up one time. So I had another (very attractive) girl who I knew wanted to date come pick me up from her apartment. To say she was shocked was an understatement. She called me all night and the next day. haha.
  3. Wuerffel5220

Wuerffel5220 GC Hall of Famer VIP Member

Told her I was still coming and we could just keep it light if that's what she wanted and after that who knows. Don't know if she'll be cool with it and even if she said one thing today doesn't mean she won't say something else 2 weeks from now.
  4. Wuerffel5220

This girl is incredible in bed and while I told her I'd still go anyway, no way I'm going to Dallas if she decides she won't see me. I'm not paying more money for a hotel room and be in that city on my own reminded of that. Don't have any other friends in Dallas I'd want to see.
  5. ArtVandelay

Without hearing conversations, this is going to be a tough one.

I guess you can't help from meeting someone local, but if you know someone is coming, then you should wait until after. I guess its different for girls. I would still want the visitor to come.

Kind of messed up for her to not have you come there after you paid for a flight, but you don't want to be there if its going to be awkward. If you are going to pay for all kinds of stuff and then not get any because of this other guy.

Keep us posted!

Good luck!
  6. gator7_5

gator7_5 Well-Known Member

Not me. I'd tell a girl the same thing she told him. Otherwise, it's an awkward awful weekend. Maybe the traveler can get some kind of refund.

Do tell us what happened if you still go, though.
  7. ArtVandelay

What I am saying is that I would still act as though I didn't meet someone. It's not that far away so who knows and I would want to have a good time. That's why I think women are different.
  8. toon66

toon66 VIP Member

What town does she live in? Someplace fun I hope.
  9. toon66

toon66 VIP Member

Bail, save the plane ticket for something better, erase her number/email address and move on because it sounds like she has. If you visit her, you'll probably regret it.

Bright side is football is around the corner. I recall you live in Tampa. Spend football Saturday at The Patio. You'll be fine
  10. Wuerffel5220

Dallas.
  11. toon66

toon66 VIP Member

I assume you booked Southwest? If it is a fun fare, save the credit and go to Austin instead. Party your azz off, eat some great BBQ, check out some great live music and marvel at all the serious talent in that town. Swing by a great beer hall called The Ginger Man. Excellent beer selection. Recruit your buddies and have a great time.

Forget the girl in Dallas. Women only make a move when they know they have something else lined up. Experienced this before. Made the mistake of making the trip anyway. Sucked completely.
  12. JohnC1908

JohnC1908 Well-Known Member

Welp I dated a girl for 4 years, she moved to Austin and begged me to go. I got out there, she was sent away for work. She ended up leaving me for some other guy about one month after I was there. Just an unreal amount of money down the drain all for a worthless sl*t.
    I'm back in Florida where I belong though and with a much better career. I was finally forced to make a lot of changes I had been putting off.
  13. phatGator

phatGator Well-Known Member

If you ever get the chance to go to Dallas
    Take it from me pass it by
    'Cause you'll only sing the blues down in Dallas
    Take it from me don't go and cry

-- Jimmy Buffett

I like Dallas, but you might want to determine if she's just letting you still visit or really wants you to.
  14. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

I've actually been on the other end of a situation like this. Was talking to a girl long distance when I met someone local and I definitely waited to tell the out of town girl until I knew I wanted to see where things went with the local. I tried to be nice about it and said I still wanted to be friends and all that but there wouldn't be hookups if she came to visit. So, she just decided to hate me instead. That was probably for the best.

Definitely do not go on that trip.
  15. Wuerffel5220

Actually Spirit there and Delta back, through expedia. Got a good deal (150 round trip). So it would actually cost more to change and go somewhere else than to eat the cost.

Interesting viewpoint Leaf. She claims she's generally ending it because it's getting too serious for a long term, but not serious enough to move. Just wants to have fun. Don't think she'd be "down to ride" if I go for a long weekend? We were good when it was lighter and more about sex on her end.
  16. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Your situation and mine could still be different so she may still be down. I know I wasn't because like I said I didn't even want to mention the local girl until I figured I would have to be shady to have a friend come in town to have sex with me for a weekend. So, I had been seeing the new girl for a while and hadn't visited with the out of town girl during that entire time.
  17. kalaniocc

kalaniocc Well-Known Member

sorry to hear this man. if it were me, i wouldn't go- i'd just let go of it and wait for something better to come.
    gatorjjh likes this.
  18. toon66

toon66 VIP Member

Don't go. Eat the $150. Probably isn't the first time you wasted money on a girl and sure won't be the last. If you go, you'll waste even more cash and you'll feel like a fool. It won't be fun and it will be awkward for everyone.

Call her and just say you have reconsidered your trip. Then erase her number and email. Never call her again but no hard feelings.

Football season around the corner. Plenty of good times ahead.
  19. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Good advice above. Obviously you know the relationship better than anyone here, but it seems like odds are against having a good time. Even if you hook up for what could be sympathy sex.

And what if you hit the town and run into some guy friends of hers? Or what if one calls or stops by?
  20. ArtVandelay