Lois Lerner’s IRS Blackberry Destroyed After Federal Probe

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by dadx4, Aug 28, 2014.

1. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,069
    It could be like this....lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,836
    What would warrant your attention? A live feed of 0 pulling the trigger? Seems like nothing short of that will ween the faithful
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. GatorWon

GatorWon Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +120
    Somebody want to tell the poor bastards that the blackberry was wiped TWO years after the emails would have been long gone from the exchange servers?
  4. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    Maybe a little apathy. Or maybe when I see folks screaming bloody murder over everything big and small, relevant or not, it gets a bit tiring. If she's guilty of some crime, then I'll gladly see her punished but so far I haven't seen much of anything.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  5. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    holy wow. post of the day! :D:D

get that kid into therapy stat
  6. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,428
    j- there may indeed end up being nothing but even as liberal as you are it should concern you the shenanigans being pulled by the IRS
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    I am, bill. I never said the the mess that began this didn't bother me, but it seems to me to still be more rank incompetence and seeming low hanging fruit b/c they were overwhelmed by cases, and that's not excusing bad behavior.

I am not anti-irs nor a fan and believe that while they might be a necessary evil, their tendency towards petty tyranny for folks that don't have a team of lawyers to hide behind has bothered me for a very long time.
  8. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,428
    deleting emails, destroying computers, destroying blackberries and you think that is incompetence? smells more like they know they have something to hide
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. surfn1080

surfn1080 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +232
    Nixon admin easily had less against it then this current administration. I'm baffled at how little journalism means today.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    As a general rule, they always have something to hide. Specifically, with this scandal, I am of multiple minds. Criticism is absolutely deserved for the targeting of groups (that also included liberal and other groups), and to that end much criticism is deserved to those who oversaw it (but keep in mind that some right of center folk at the IRS were also involved and this wasn't just a tea party thing). At the same time, there is evidence that the IRS was swamped with tax exempt organization apps,. My reading of the various testimony and writings leads me to think (at this time) much of it was out of expediency (which is wrong) and an unfair distrust of tea party type groups even more than other groups (also wrong).

But as far as the emails computers etc...some of this seems a bit questionable to me. Not dismissing them, but neither am I accepting it as nefarious. For instance, didn't her computer crash well before this became an issue, I think back in 2011? If this is true, it's a stretch to start using it as some indicator of guilt. And the tape back up brouhaha that erupted again seems is questionable. The DOJ is saying it's the same tape backups and that JW is mischaracterizing it. Maybe the DOJ is full of it, or maybe JW is exaggerating. Not as if they both don't have a stake spinning it their way.

And I'm not being skeptical in "protection" of Lerner (I honestly don't give a hoot about her, except if they are unfairly attacked, as I would with any one of us). Like you, I want to know the facts to determine the truth. Pardon me though I don't get all up in arms over every latest (seeming) development; too often the actual more complex truth needs time to catch up to screaming headlines and hack journalism, and spin coming from both sides of the political aisle.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  11. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    Maybe so with Nixon, but I tend to think otherwise. But I agree w/you about journalism. Seriously, just google Lois Lerner (as but one example) and check out the articles. It's clickbait and echochamber. Too often it's a combination of not enough information (laziness, don't follow up), exaggeration, anonymous sources, and editorializing. Now, I am not naive so I know "media" is selling a product and that product is news/info, but I get tired most of all from the editorializing and sloppy journalism that doesn't delve into issue nor treat them objectively. It's always some angle and often that angle isn't very well supported.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  12. Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,144
    1-800-Free-eyetest.com
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +616
    LOL ... going easy on lying leftie lawyer politicians (rationalizing their criminal behavior) but coming down tough on young white LEOS.

Follow the $US$.
  14. gatorman_07732

gatorman_07732 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,174
    Just how to bring attention when one has ADD or willful blindness. One doesn't need to be an IT expert to see all of the planets in the galaxy aligning to where all these emails disappear.
  15. BastogneGator

BastogneGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +814
    So you don't find the governments obvious attempt to inject the power of the IRS into the political process and the suppression of the freedom of speech of American citizens to be something of concern. I guess you just don't care because it favored your political party...
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    See here.
  17. austingtr

austingtr VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +674
    Shocking (not)
  18. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,288
    Exactly. Talk to me after the IRS completes a lobotomy on Lois, and then you might have something. BTW, does anyone know when the IRS has scheduled Lerner's house to be burned down? I'm hearing the Cincinnati office is planning a tea party and BBQ combo.
  19. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,069
    There is actually an hour and a half "movie" of this guy and his "antics" on youtube if you ever get bored. It's beyond hilarious.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. agigator

agigator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +79
    Guys...The real question is why someone in her position would still be using a blackberry, as their smart phone, in the year 2012.