LOI Update Thread

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by The_Graygator, Feb 7, 2018.

1. themistocles

themistocles GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +3,509
    Yes, I believe that Gerald is still unsigned, but I've been mentioning a lot of these guys all along, and the fact that Scarlet decided to rejoin the group gives the team a rather excellent group of RBs, and even more so if Malik Davis can get back to near his last year's form (that may take 2 years with his kind of injury, Massey didn't make it in one year), but even without him, there will be a lot of dangerous offensive weapons available to whomever plays QB. I expect the OLine to substantially improve given Mullen/Hevesey's considerably simpler blocking patterns compared to Nuss/whomever.

Curiously, I'm hoping that the D will also substantially improve, much like between 2007 and 2008 (due to experience and greater depth) plus a more complex approach due to the experience.

Seems like something of a paradox, doesn't it. The difference is that the Offense Creates, and thus simpler is more effective, while the defense responds, which requires reads, that Shannon almost completely eliminated due to last years incredible youth. Even younger than that weak 2007 defense.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,416
    haha, yes, we backed off. Why he chose Arkansas is beyond me but we don't have the luxury of backing off or turning away recruits unless we are going to do a reverse muschamp and under recruit DL but not OL.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +11,836
    A "reverse Muschamp" sounds good to me
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,416
    Generally doing anything opposite from Muschamp is good. But what I was saying is we recruited DL the way Muschamp used to recruit OL and that is not good.
  5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +11,836
    Totally agree - I was just trying to be funny
  6. themistocles

themistocles GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +3,509
    It's not like Mullen and Grantham didn't try to recruit DLine kids, but so few good ones were left that the Gators ended with only 2 really outstanding ones in Langham and Chatfield, but not a larger number, which he would have preferred. Recall that the last 2 weekends he was trying to get about 8 or 9 front 7 kids on visits, unfortunately most either decided to go elsewhere, or the Gators lost interest for one reason or another (likely the admissions office had more than a little to do with this phenomenon).
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +1,168
    I'd rather have a reverse Muschamp and a reverse McElwain. Wait wouldn't we be heading in the same direction then? Rats you mean we can't have both! Ah man too many choices to make in this world.