Logitech Speakers Giving Out

Discussion in 'Gator Bytes' started by gatorfan5220, May 31, 2013.

1. gatorfan5220

gatorfan5220 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,628
    I am a tad deaf and usually turn the music up high.

I'm wondering if this is the reason I seem to need to buy new speakers every six to nine months.

Nine months ago I gotr Logitech speakers with two speakers and a larger black box which I think was for bass.

Well, the bass went out and the sound from the other two smaller speakers is getting fainter and fainter. This is bad for me as I love listening to music some four to six hours a day.

What is happening? And, what can I do? I still have the receipts from the purchase last September
  2. LakeGator

LakeGator Mostly Harmless

Ratings Received:
    +55
    It seems a little unlikely that the speakers get significantly weaker in less than a year. Logitech usually has very good quality which adds to some doubt in my mind that the speakers are failing. That is not to say they are fading for some reason. I suppose if you are running at ten or higher (obscure reference to Spinal Tap) the speakers may be being blown.

You MIGHT find some help in the Logitech Speakers forum

My wife has some hearing loss, possibly from yelling at me so much. She finds that using a headset gives her much better fidelity and clarity of sound. You might consider getting a decent headset.
  3. JaxGator

JaxGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    I have two sets of Logitech Z-5500s, and they are several years old now. I crank them up once in a while, and they still have great sound. The above is sound advice, plus getting a hearing aid (if feasible) might be a good idea too.