Life Goes On And We're Still Gators

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by grant1, Dec 2, 2013.

1. grant1

grant1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +472
    As bad as this has been, we'll still endure and stick with them. I still have a Gator flag waving in front of the house and still wore O&B today. Also saw a car in St Pete the other day displaying a Gators flag.

Go Gators!
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,176
    Me too. I wonder about those who have bags over the Gator heads, as though we are early New Orleans or Tampa Bay. Florida is not a professional team of mercenaries; they are our SCHOOL!

In ALL Kinds of Weather mean exactly THAT.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  3. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,109
    Always!

I tend to 'turn up the volume' on my Gator attire, especially after the hardest losses, and/or hardest of times. Wore my loud and proud Gator Jacket all last week, in and through airports (before T-giving), and even after FSU game.

(Now, that said, if UF had been entagled in some kind of child molestation cover-up, like Ped-State....Idk....I might have toned things down a tad....that's because I wouldn't want to appear to be condoning the cover-up, let alone the underlying crimes....I digress...).

Point being-in perspective, the reasons for being proud of UF, far outweigh any reason not to be.

GO GATORS!!
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  4. KronoGator

KronoGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,099
    The sun'll come out Tomorrow Bet your bottom dollar That tomorrow There'll be sun!
    Just thinkin' about Tomorrow Clears away the cobwebs, And the sorrow 'Til there's none!
    Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
    I love ya
    Tomorrow!
    You're always
    A day
    A way!
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. No1GatorFreak

No1GatorFreak Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +57
    We're not going anywhere. We are still the flagship school in the state of Florida. We are still THE SWAMP. We are still the richest and proudest university in the state of Florida. We still have the largest fan base. We still are recruiting top tier talent and are not being railroaded by our in state rivals on the recruiting trail despite 3 of the last 4 years being some of the worst in modern day Gator football history. We will from here on out thanks to Spurrier withstand the test of time. A few bad seasons and bad coaching will not deter this proud institution. And, believe it or not we will have a 2014 roster stacked full with NFL players.

It is always.... truly... Great to be a Florida Gator.

Here's to another 25 year run of success much like the last 25 years. Go Gators!
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,767
    Reps all around!!!

Best thread I've seen here in a while.....and I'm right there with you!

Wore my Gator garb to Publix last night and my buddy "Bama Bob" was there (he works in the seafood department part time and is a Alabama grad & there when the Bear was coaching) and I hear "Misery loves company" from behind me - it was him..ha ha. He loves the Gators and we enjoy the rivalry but things change - but in your heart we will always proudly stand by our school!

Go Gators!
  7. UFGator05

UFGator05 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +942
    Damn right.

Go Gators!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. brimley

brimley Member

Ratings Received:
    +102
    I honestly don't know any of my friends, family, co-workers, etc that are Gator fans that have "stopped" being a fan or are acting like they are not now or taking Gator stuff down from their homes. Everyone's the same, still a Gator & proud - just wishing they had a better season, that's all. Football's very cyclical...it's near impossible to be on top every year. I think it's ok for every Gator to vent about any season they want...even if they say someone "sucks", it shows passion & that they care about it. All my Gator friends have opinions & flat out bash certain aspects/people of the team in our conversations...that's ok, they're still Gators!
  9. PTCGator

PTCGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +158
    Absolutely!!! Thank you for starting a great thread! I'm a Gator through and through and still wear my Gator hats and shirts even though we had a bad year. Guess what….we will be back! We have tons of talent returning (assuming all the injuries heal well) and this team will turn things around….mark my words! I'm rooting for Auburn to win the SEC and go all the way because they are the team that I want the Gators to become next year!
  10. No1GatorFreak

No1GatorFreak Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +57
    And, seeing a good crowd overall at the Swamp on Saturday against the Noles as a 27 pt underdog with a completely depleted team was nice to see. And, it was even better with 10 min left in game down BIG and everyone is chanting "Its Great to be a Florida Gator"... that left an impression on anyone in site. We are still Florida.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sulla

Sulla New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    I still fly the colors all the time. I came to UF because of the awesome faculty and the top 10 doctoral program in my field and have subsequently made great friends and been given opportunities I would have never hoped for when I first chose to come here. Football is awesome and makes each fall special, but it is still the cherry on top for me.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. 408gator

408gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +10
    One of the proudest moments of my life is when I opened that mailbox and became a Gator. My love for UF will never wane. Go Gators!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. RepubliGator84

RepubliGator84 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +206
  14. sierragator

sierragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +403
    Props to the OP. Been a Gator all my life and will be til the day I die. GO GATORS!
  15. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,883
    "Damn right"? And you have a bag over albert's head?
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. TitletownGator

TitletownGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +36
    I read GatorCountry every day but rarely ever post. However, I thought that this was worth a response. This has been a disappointing season and the first losing season that I have experienced as a Gator. Losing is no fun - but regardless it is still GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR and always will be. I wouldn't trade it for anything and dang sure would rather be a Gator than a Nole, a Bulldog, a Cane, or anything else. In 1992 I was just a country kid from South Georgia and nobody in my family had ever dreamed of going to a school like UF - the good Lord blessed me with some modest academic abilities and UF gave me the chance to be a Gator and it changed my life forever. So yes, I'll bleed orange and blue till I die and it is always always always Great to be a Gator. Props to the OP.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. gatorfansrule

gatorfansrule Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +323
    Of course I always wear my Gator gear and have my Gator stuff all over, but I'd keep it flying no matter what after football season, because for the last 18 seasons our Gator basketball program has been blessed with the best basketball coach our school will have in our lifetime and possibly ever. If you aren't enjoying this basketball team, you need to start.
  18. UFGator05

UFGator05 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +942
    Ill be the first to admit that I'm very disappointed with 7 straight losses and perhaps don't agree with the direction of this program under WM, but I remain hopeful he can turn it around and I will ALWAYS be a Gator. Born, raised and alumnus.

Go Gators
  19. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,883
    You agree with the OP, but yet you place a bag over Albert's head? Looks like your embarrassed, if you ask me.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. farfugnugen

farfugnugen Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +332
    Go Gata! Go Corch MustChamps! Go Vernn Hartgraifs!