Liberalism's Motto- "Its great for thee but not for me"

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatordowneast, Aug 3, 2013.

1. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +1,085
    Changes in car and home owners insurance along with the consequences of education cuts happened in the past couple of years.....I don't quite buy into the notion you somehow missed all this.
  2. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    The point was to point out the hypocracy of a health care plan forced on the rest of us but where exceptions are made for favored groups. Picking winners and losers. Do you not find this outrageous?

And my analogy using school choice is typical. Libbie elites against it yet they send their kids to prep schools.

Like AlGore preaching against global warming while living in a 10,000 square foot home, flying around in a Lear and spending weekends on a 100 foot houseboat on the lake.
  3. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Sorry, I have not noticed changes in our home owners or auto insurance policies. They have had modest increases but nothing out of line. And I thought Governor Scott wanted to give every teacher a 2500 raise?
  4. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Who passed the ACA? Who has granted the exemptions?

Dems don't have a patent on hypocracy but certainly re ACA, the blame points to the party of Obama.
  5. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Healthcare problems are very similar to Immigration reform currently on the table. Probably best addressed incrementally. Healthcare- address rates through allowing more competition. Focus on ways to help those without insurance, acquire it. Do not piss off the rest of us who are ok with what we have. Re Immigration- secure the damn border, require all employers use E-verify. Baby steps.
  6. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,078
    Not to be an arse old, but would you send your grandkids to Detroit? It is the liberal UTOPIA ya know.
  7. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,382
    And the but.....but...but.....Obama era has officially begun
  8. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,529
    jdrgator said "...Congress is controlled by the Republicans." Sorry, that's a FAIL.
    Congress = House of Reps + Senate. Senate is controlled by Harry Reid and the Democrats.

The problem is that this law is being made up as they go and "we the people" are being epically screwed over by the priveledged elite. ALL of them.
  9. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,645
    I've talked to two people within the last couple of weeks who said their homeowners insurance jumped considerably. One person was supposed to meet me this week for something we needed to do but had to cancel due to an appointment with another agent hoping to get a better rate on his insurance. This particular guy worked all of his life )in private industry) and is retired. I don't have to worry about mine since they just up and canceled it out of hand.
  10. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
    JDR, it has been a problem and will continue to be. My point re ACA, is that I think I remember it passing without a single Pub vote. Even Susan Collins from Maine voted against it. And now we are beginning to see why. Too broad, encompassing and far reaching. Insurers having to accept people with pre-existing conditions in order to write insurance in a state is popular. Being able to keep your kids on your plan until they are age 26 is popular (surprised that only about 1 M have done this) and BTW- very profitable for the insurance companies.

But forcing people to buy insurance crossed the line. We need to use carrots to incent those without rather than sticks.