Lets try again

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8rnbft, Jul 11, 2014.

1. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +884
    As you can see, invasion doesn't work here.
  2. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,586
    In speaking only for me, the only reason I hadn't reported it was that my understanding of the reporting thing was that it needed to be said directly to someone as a name (ie, calling someone by a racial name). I didn't realize we were to report it when it was in the general sense as well. In the future if I see this I'll know to report it. Thanks for letting me know :)

Edit to add: I will assume you mean the "racist" portion of my comment and not where I had discussed people calling those opposed to this whole thing other names, like heartless, cruel, "not Christian", etc. I have gone back and looked for some and have found a few but in the interest of not calling posters or mods out I will only go from this point forward and do so with a PM.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  3. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +434
    Damn .... after reading the definition, that's your response? LMAO ..... you simply will not admit when you've been proven wrong. Just your "typical leftest".
  4. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +884
    Hee hee.....you provided the definition. Don't blame it on my "typical leftist" ideology.
  5. philobeddoe

Ratings Received:
    +434
    And the definition supports my point, refutes yours yet .... as a typical leftist, you deny that and the "$3.7 billion illegal invasion".

6. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +884
    The video supports what you want to hear.....validates for you that Obama is a bad, bad president however, it doesn't support the point we're discussing.....referring to the influx of children from central America as an "invasion".
  7. philobeddoe

Ratings Received:
    +434
    Damn ... sure it does. Indicates it's an entrance that is harmful, troublesome .....

And additionally ... the fact that these kids are illegally invading the US .... we also have the 4th definition ... "infringement by intrusion".
  8. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +884
    Sounds worse than the diseases these kids could be bringing into the country.
  9. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,728
    Yes, it does have to be one member calling another member a racist. If they call Joe Blow one it doesn't fit the criteria anymore than calling the POTUS a "POS" does.

And please don't report by PM but rather use the Report button in that post with a reason for the report.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. vertigo0923

vertigo0923 night owl mod VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,227
    'jump to conclusions' much? i SLEEP during the day. damn, philo, ask anyone around here. at 7:00 am, i am in a deep sleep. i'd figure someone who's been around as long as you would know that, without assuming i've abandoned jack shit. try to be sure next time you're gonna accuse me of something, don't call me a coward because i don't post in my sleep.
    what does that 'night owl mod' thing mean, anyway? derp.

as far as the law goes, here:

The Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act was subsequently renewed in 2003, 2006, 2008 (when it was renamed the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008). The law lapsed in 2011. In 2013 the entirety of the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act was attached as an amendment to the Violence Against Women Act and passed.

Under the Obama administration's interpretation of this law, children from Central and South American countries arriving in the United States and detained by the Border Patrol are delivered to the Department of Health and Human Services for care, housing, and legal advice as to their immigration status. The 2014 influx of illegal alien children has made this law controversial.[3]

However, the Obama Administration has cited the 2008 reauthorization portion (the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008, one of last bills signed by President George W. Bush) as partially responsible for the current dilemma. The provisions of the 2008 reauthorization are being applied to the tens of thousands of children who arrived in the United States from Central and South America in 2014 as illegal immigrants. As such they are being given the opportunity for a hearing and consultation with an advocate and counsel. They are directing the Department of Health and Human Services to place the children “in the least restrictive setting that is in the best interest of the child” and to explore reuniting the children with family members.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victims_of_Trafficking_and_Violence_Protection_Act_of_2000

i underlined the important bit for you. seems, unlike this thread, it's a bipartisan affair. until it ran into the newly elected idiots of 2010. which made that bill, as the article says, one of the last things bush signed before leaving the presidency.

so: in a nutshell: clinton and a republican congress were responsible for the initial bill, then you can blame bush and a republican congress, then bush and a democrat congress, THEN, it lapsed, and had to be included in the violence against women act, because, your 2010-elected congress didn't pass it.

did you get all that? should i type it again for clarity? in a larger font?

edit:
    in reading an article from a conservative link, i'm gonna go ahead and address this one before any of you righties complain:

(this is referring to republicans having not passed the trafficking bill)

But it wasn’t only Republicans who failed to pass such a bill. House Democrats didn’t pass one either in 2009 or 2010, when they had a bigger majority than Republicans have had in 80 years.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/382721/man-caused-disaster-michael-barone

democrats didn't actually need to pass one: the 2008 extension wasn't going to expire til 2011. which makes that 'national review article' kinda comical, doesn't it? but if i (or another leftie) hadn't pointed this out, how many conservatives would be outraged: 'yeah!!!! house democrats didn't pass one!!!! they had their chance!!'

:D
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  11. philobeddoe

Ratings Received:
    +434
    Vert thanks for finally acknowledging you were spreading leftie misinformation.
  12. g8rnbft

g8rnbft VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +132
    This is too funny.

"The new law lapsed in 2011."
    That statement says to me the law no longer existed. There was no law anymore!

"In 2013 the entirety of the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act was attached as an amendment to the Violence Against Women Act and passed."
    That statement says to me that someone (who doesn't matter) cut and pasted the whole content of what at one time 2 years removed was a law to another bill - and it was subsequently signed by Obama - making it a real live law, supposedly read, digested, understood to and agreed to by Obama.

Now I see this.

"However, the Obama Administration has cited the 2008 reauthorization portion (the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008, one of last bills signed by President George W. Bush) as partially responsible for the current dilemma. The provisions of the 2008 reauthorization are being applied to the tens of thousands of children who arrived in the United States from Central and South America in 2014 as illegal immigrants."

This says to me
    1. the Obama Administration has cited the 2008 reauthorization portion
    2. The provisions of the 2008 reauthorization are being applied

Does anybody see a problem here??
  13. harwil

harwil Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +146
    Verti,please see my comment under the 4th full paragraph from here starting with " i underlined..."
  14. harwil

harwil Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +146
    Were any of you watching Morning Joe this morning?
    Mika went on about impeachment and the republicans and immediately tied it Boehner?
    And Thomas Roberts asked a question about the 2008 bill(the one in question in this thread)which" was signed by President Bush and passed by a Republican controlled Congress,"when the Dems controlled both houses, the House by a large majority?

How do these people get away with this?
  15. philobeddoe

Ratings Received:
    +434

They're lefties ... they lie or are insane .... or both.
  16. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,095
    They preach to the choir. Listening to many on the left, on tv and radio. give an explanation on a subject, it is clear they don't know the details of a subject or they are just lying.
    I saw Bob Beckel give his take on deporting the childen one day and the next day give a complete opposite view of the same subject.
    Mika doesn't appear to be the brightest bulb.Everyone on Joe seems be be off kilter with facts on practically every subject and most of them are suppose to be political guru's or something of the sort.
    Pelosi and Reid are very loose with the truth.
  17. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,244
    Sometimes some of you on my side of the aisle embarrass me, with the silly harshness of which you speak.

Disagree with humor, disagree with facts, disagree with personal opinion....
    ....but would it hurt to sometimes disagree with class?

....sorry, just had to be said.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. harwil

harwil Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +146
    you mean "I lost 49 states Beckel?"
  19. Gatoragman

Gatoragman VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +56
    THIS THIS THIS THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    The law Bush signed lasped no longer a law!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The law being used new law signed by Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How is Bush to be blamed??????????