Lets talk 2014 class recruiting

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GATORAZ, Aug 2, 2013.

1. gatorchamp27

gatorchamp27 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    AZ in your opinion who are some kids the staff feel like are cant miss kids for this class? Lane, Sharpe, Jackson etc... I guess what I want to really know is who are the staff recruiting harder than others
  2. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 181 / -90
    Let me preface this by saying one this is all just a guess and two I would assume they are recruiting all the guys on the list and some off it very hard. This is some what in order

I didnt know where to put Lambert on the board because he is a JUCO. That being said I hope he is high on the board and I hope we get him.

1.OL Sharp- we need an elite left tackle
    2.DE Carter - elite pass rusher is a must in this class
    3.WR Lane - dont think they like last years WR class as much as some fans do
    4.DB Tabor- need the length at CB
    5.S Adams- Safety is not a huge need but his nickle play could change the defense
    6.TE Goolsby- I think they realize we need a TE that can block and stretch the field
    7.DB Adoree Jackson- watch his tape
    8.LB Garrett - watch his tape
    9.RB Mixon- just threw him in the list
    10.DT Holley- great kid and has a huge upside
    11.LB Raekwon - they want for some of the two back teams in the league
    12.WR KD Cannon
    13.LB Williams- coverage skills can keep us from having to play so much dime
    14.WR Rudolph
  3. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 181 / -90
    Da'shawn Hand ‏@TheHand54 16m
    I will be committing on Nov 14 at my school. Can't wait to get this over with!

Tom VanHaaren ‏@TomVH 10m
    Da'Shawn Hand's coach says he does plan to take official visits to Michigan, Alabama and Florida and then announce on Nov. 14

Tom VanHaaren ‏@TomVH 42m
    Official visit set up w/ Michigan on Sep. 7 for the Notre Dame night game and still working on Bama and Florida visits.

Tom VanHaaren ‏@TomVH 39m
    LSU and USC are still on the outside for Da'Shawn Hand, if there's time they might be able to get a visit. Might is key word.
  4. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +581 / 32 / -7
    Garrett over McMillan, that's interesting. I like him too, for obvious reasons. Who do we have the best chance with? I know both are long shots.

If we only sign one other WR, any chance Adoree Jackson plays offense? He's supposed to be electrifying with the ball in his hands.

I like you're original list. It seems very realistic and well rounded. I think we'll do a little better than that, but nobody right now can predict which elite guys are going surprise us in the final weeks. Can anybody here really say they knew we were going to get Dante Sawyer two years ago?
  5. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 181 / -90
    I think they are both long shots but the best chance is probably with McMillan he has been on campus multiple times and will probably visit a few more times. DJ Durkin is a really good recruiter so I am optimistic he lands 1 of the 2 or somebody on their level I just cant figure out who that will be so I didnt put anybody in the Mock

It sounds like Jackson realizes that his best position is CB but he will play some WR in college. I think they take him for whatever he wants if he wants in

Dante Fowler visited UF a lot. That is why visits are so important. Another thing that happen that most people didnt know at the time was Muschamp was talking to him a ton. I have a hunch Muschamp might be doing the same with Garrett.
  6. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 181 / -90
    I would assume he will announce them soon and would think/hope one is UF. I also hope he picks an official to UF for the FSU game

PRIMETIME!!!⚡ ‏@Joe_MainMixon 37m
    Got two more official visits set up! 4 down one to go. And yes it's getting real.
  7. nygator15

nygator15 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If we get Ermon Lane, rivals rates him as top receiver this year. How good is he really, like compared to Demarcus Robinson from last yrs cycle?
  8. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +581 / 32 / -7
    Not AZ, but I'll weigh in. I only saw high school clips for Robinson, and he looked impressive, but nothing like the way Lane played in The Opening. He was making impossible catches and making it look easy against the best DBs in the country. Looked very good running in the open field. Robinson was certainly underrated (#16 on 247) but nobody would say he was the best WR prospect last year. I don't think anyone will argue about Lane being #1 or #2.
  9. nygator15

nygator15 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And when Lane announces the 10th our odds of landing him are better than % 50?
  10. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +282 / 3 / -3
    There's a 117 percent chance that we have at least a 63 percent chance.
  11. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 181 / -90
    Safid Deen ‏@Safid_Deen 12m
    Plantation CB Chris Lammons told 247 Sports he wants to take official visits before committing. May not decide when Q. Wilson does on Sat

Lammons might not be in this class now he needed to hop on board before the season starts to secure his spot IMP
  12. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 181 / -90
    The first time I went through film of the WR's in the country Lane really didnt jump out to me that much. I had Rudolph rated really high. This was back in like November. But I went back and watched his film again a few weeks later and was blown away. He makes everything look so easy ( I could have just been tired the first time I watched film). He had a ton of production playing in the hardest division in high school football in the country. He also was playing in a wing t offense.

He has added weight to is frame and is carrying it really well. He still has room to add even more. I think they are similar talents and both really special football players.

Lane's production and tape this year is going to be even better now that his team is running the spread and he has another D1 WR to take the pressure off him
  13. flwgator2

flwgator2 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +68 / 12 / -3
    Derek Tyson ‏@DerekTysonESPN 4m
    Alabama RB commit Bo Scarbrough is transferring to IMG Academy in Florida. #Bama

hmmm interesting
  14. GatorEst1992

GatorEst1992 Member

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    That is interesting at least he knows where real highschool football is played, maybe he feels he needs to get away from all the pressure of living in Alabama so he can actually make an informed decision about where he's going to go to college
  15. MelBeachGator

MelBeachGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +86 / 5 / -4
    I just asked Mike Farrell on twtter who he had Lane committing to on the 10th...he had the Gators. TIFWIW
  16. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 181 / -90
    This is real interesting and somewhat promising for UF for a number of reasons
  17. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +49 / 0 / -1
    I been saying bo to UF for a while now, I started doubting a little after he didn't show for FNL but this is a very good sign. I would think if he shows major interest in UF now bama will probably offer cyontai
  18. GatorEst1992

GatorEst1992 Member

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So if and a big if, we get bo then we are pretty much out of it for mixon
  19. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +283 / 26 / -4
    I doubt this news means much for Florida but how pissed would you be if you were Bo's high school football coach?
  20. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 181 / -90
    who says we would be out of it for Mixon?

Staff tells Cook- you are an explosive down hill runner we will use at RB and on jet sweeps

Staff tells Mixon- look at what we are doing with Matt Jones you are just like him he is going to the NFL next year and we want to do the same with you

Staff tells Bo- We like you at WR/H-Back you run good routes and are a match up nightmare for defenses