Lets talk 2014 class recruiting

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GATORAZ, Aug 2, 2013.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    I wrote this really fast so there will be a ton of errors

Not an insider (have to say that for the losers) but here are my thoughts on where we stand in recruiting. For month’s people pinpointed FNL’s as being a pivotal point for UF recruiting, I on the other hand said September 1st. The reason was some kids will want to announce early in the high school season.

Campus visits

The staff did a fantastic job this off season in getting their top targets on campus. That being said if a prospect did not make it to campus don’t count on them being in this class. I do not expect Hand Hendrix , Fournette Dixon Tabor …… to be in this class. They had plenty of opportunity to get on campus and they did not come.

Two players that did not make it to campus that I think we have a legit shot at are KD Cannon and Dwight Williams. What is different about these two prospects is they didn’t really visit any schools during the spring and summer. Everybody has Cannon pegged for Baylor but he is good friends with Adams and a group of prospects became friends at the Opening including Wilson ( more on him later). Cannon doesn’t have to worry about losing a spot at Baylor so I think his recruitment goes on until Jan. let’s get him on campus and see what happens. His speed in and out of his cuts is rare.

7vs 7 and Wilson
    Fans always get excited about junior days or FNL’s or camps but the biggest day of the year for UF recruiting might have come in late May. That is when the SFE 7 on 7 upperclassmen made the trip to Gainesville for two days on their way to a tournament. Chaperoned by Chad Wilson, SFE got to view the campus and watch a practice. That visit made a lasting impression on Wilson Lammons Lane & Yeargin. This is really where the Tide turned for Ermon. By the end of this month all 4 could end up being Gators and this 7 vs 7 visit had a huge impact.

Everybody talks about Nick Washington being a great recruiter but Quincy Wilson could not only leave his mark on this year’s class but classes in the future. Quincy is very popular and respected among his peers in South Florida and he plays on two talented teams SFE 7 on 7 and University School. Not only is Quincy influential so is his dad Chad who coaches both of Quincy’s teams and will continue to do so once Quincy is in college. Chad is not going to push kids to a particular school but it has to help that his son will be playing at UF.

Offensive line recruiting
    I will admit there was a time I was worried about OL recruiting, but now I am not. I really like the addition of Dontae Angus he is a big kid who is raw but has all the tools to be a great guard or right tackle.

Paul is not in this class and right now I don’t think anybody really wants him. People were recruiting him because of who his teammate was and though if they got him on campus he might bring a friend. Paul is also a good football player if he loses some weight which he obviously hasn’t done.

I think Knox is only in this class if we miss on other targets I still like his feet.

So begs the question who are we getting to replace Knox and Paul?
    It seems like the staff is keeping quiet on that issue but one guy we know they are in contact with is OG Jordan Sims. Everybody thought Sims was going to Bama but Bama has higher people on the board and is getting tight on scholarships. Hopefully the staff can get him to come watch practice in the near future.

David Sharpe is the other big name out there. He recently said on twitter he might not play Bball in college I don’t know if that hurts or helps UF chances. He also said on twitter he will take a few more trips then make a decision, so I think UF is in a good spot for his commitment.

OG Nolan Kelleher is somebody that has had an offer but was just recently been talked about. Nolan’s father is big on academics so that could play a huge role. Last weekend Kelleher went to Stanford to try and earn an offer. He struggled at their camp and left without one (video below). This is good for UF because I have a feeling if he got the offer that is where he was going.

From the video it looks like Kelleher is not strong enough right now to compete with some of the best OL/DL in the country. Kelleher has the size and feet to be a very good guard and with the help of Dillman he can get his strength where it needs to be.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksD1ti4ZQMg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6yxgYT3_gU

Quick hits

Jamal Adams- He changed his OV date from FSU game to Vols the only way I could see the staff letting this happen is if they are already assured he is going to make it back to campus at a later date and feel he is a Gator. Thus, I think he puts on a UF hat whenever he announces.

Travis Rudolph- watch out for the two teams in Alabama, in the end recruiting comes down to relationships and I think he has the best relationship with Joker.

Lorezo Featherson- I said it before I think he will be a better football player that Hand with right coaching. Nobody feels good about him either even Clemson. He actually might be my favorite player left on the board.

Adoree Jackson- people are celebrating like he is already a Gator commit I think there is a long way to go.

Thomas Holly- we are in the race more than people think if it was closer to home I think UF would be the pick.

Lorenzo Carter- I felt really good about UF’s position until I just saw he is visiting Bama this weekend. This will be a dog fight between Bama UGA and UF.

Joe Mixon- releases his top 10 today I wonder if we are on it

Mock Class that will end up being wrong but people ask for them so here you go
    QB Will Grier
    RB Dalvin Cook
    WR Ermon Lane
    WR Travis Rudolph or Josh Malone or KD Cannon
    TE Deandre Goolsby or Jordan Franks
    OT David Sharpe
    OT Dontae Angus
    OG Travaris Dorsey
    OG Nolan Kelleher
    OG Jordan Sims
    DE/OLB Lorenzo Carter or Featherson
    DE Taven Bryan
    DE/OLB Justus Reed
    DE/OLB Richard Yeargin III
    DT Khairi Clark
    DT/DE DaVonte Lambert or Moten
    LB Dwight Williams
    CB Chris Lammons
    CB Duke Dawson
    CB Quincy Wilson
    CB JC Jackson
    S Jamal Adams

One or two spots for another other top players. I think Jarren Reed could also be in this class
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +532
  3. Gator1865

Gator1865 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +80
    No Adoree? I recognize your point and don't think he is a Gator as of now, but I think the track relationship will get him here. Not even with Holloway but with the long jumping coach who has a few Olympic medals to boast.
  4. wolfjs70

wolfjs70 Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +241
    So, you're also thinking C'yontai Lewis won't be in the class at TE?
  5. GatorEst1992

GatorEst1992 Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    With that class is say that is easily top ten if not top 5 hopefully you're right and I really hope we get adoree that kids a baller
  6. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    I have always thought UF had a great shot at Jackson because of Track. If you look at the CB's thread I said it before most people were even talking about Adoree being a real options for UF. I just think there is a long time until signing day and we need to wait and see how things play out. I think we have a great shot at him. Lets hope the boys bring hope some medals at the world championships that are coming up.
  7. flwgator2

flwgator2 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    I think Alabama will eventually offer him and flips to them. Lewis and Bo was a no show at FNL.
  8. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    These are just guesses and not to be taken too seriously. Miss State is only an hour and a half away from his home. They have been recruiting him longer than anybody else and he recently made a trip there. Lewis also has a kid and I think Deandre Goolsby is a better fit for the offense. I think we have been recruiting Goolsby a lot harder than people think.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    KD Cannon
    [​IMG]
  10. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    I would like to chime in on a few things:

-Some bama people have said that carter is no longer visiting bama this weekend which is a big sigh of relief. Also, his teammate Kevin mohoun said he'd be very surprised if he wasnt a gator in the end.

-I agree with You on Tabor it doesn't seem like he will be a gator

-I honestly believe Adoree will be a gator. Stayed in Gville an extra day and seemed to
    really enjoy FNL. Plus he loves our track coach/team. His teammate Dwight Williams also seems to have us as his leader and they are good friends. The high school they attend oozes with talent and if we could develope a pipeline there that would be HUGE

-those of you that don't know I went to school with bo and cyontai last year and took
    strength training same period. Bo had been talking about visiting UF for the
    Longest and that is why I had been cautiously optimistic. But his interest has seemingly dwindled as of late. IMO the only way cyontai gets a bama offer is if bo starts showing serious interest in another school

-I can see KD coming here like AZ said because of his relationship with Jamal. They're good friends and I think they are considering going to the same school. UF and ole miss are the common schools they are considering

AZ you do a really good job around here bro. Sorry to hear about the family issue hope everything is cool
  11. ufgrad1996

ufgrad1996 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +12
    Cannon is all baylor right now I will leave it at that.
  12. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    informative
  13. ufgrad1996

ufgrad1996 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +12
    Yea very since I got family that knows him and one cousin plays with him. That informative for you
  14. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    now you give a little background. Do you know when he is going to make his commitment or if he is taking official visits?
  15. gatorchamp27

gatorchamp27 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +11
    I would have to say I agree with a good majority of this, but Im certainly not sure where all that Lorenzo Featherston love is coming from in the country, but I think Carter is in. Not ready to give up on Hand yet either.
  16. ETGator1

ETGator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +150
    I thought the coaches wanted to take 2 RBs in this class?
  17. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    I could see them taking 2 but I dont think they will reach for one and I dont know who that is yet. Like I said earlier dont take the Mock class too seriously
  18. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    Featherston is 6'7 explosive, can bend and get low. He is much more powerful than he looks. Covers a ton of ground with his stride. The sky is the limit for him. When he pust on weight he is going to be a monster. I think Hand is overrated. I doubt the staff is giving up on Hand but it looks like we will have only one shot at best to answer all of Hands questions while Bama and Michigan will have multiple since he has already visited those schools.
  19. gatorchamp27

gatorchamp27 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +11
    He is 6'7 but hes not nearly as explosive as you think, trust me I have about first hand knowledge and there are very few who might have better knowledge than myself about this prospect. He has slow feet and a very calm personality. Not everyone puts on weight like that either. The man barely weighs 200 lbs and isnt very good in the open field, when facing college level backs. Anyway I wish him luck
  20. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    I know he weighs 200lbs but so did 6'2 McCray out of high school. I really like his film and how he moves for his height. I am not worried about how he covers I just want him rushing the QB. Nothing wrong with having a different opinion on a prospect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m89TrJGsVZ4