Let the big dawg melt down

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gator85jd, Sep 1, 2013.

1. gatordee

gatordee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,599
    • Like Like x 2
  2. gatorich

gatorich Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +610
  3. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,879
    I'm sorry but with that defense they aren't winning out.
  4. sparky9000

sparky9000 Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
  5. maxgator

maxgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +386
    Georgia nc title hopes are still right there. They are in no worse position than we are. In fact they are still better than ours.

They lost their first game to a highly ranked team. They will still be ranked above us this week or very close. They can still go undefeated in the sec.

If we lose a game this year, it will be later in the season and likely to an sec team. If it is to fsu, that likely eliminates us.

Frankly, the Clemson loss means little. Uga can lose to usc, win out and play for the nc. They are in the best position to lose 2 and play for it all.

However.... the way they played made it clear that they aren't winning a nc.! That makes me happy!
  6. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,152
    You do realize you're saying a team with a loss already, from their first game in the season, is in better shape to go to the NC than a team has yet to lose? Where exactly is the logic in that? If we lose, then yes, but as of right now - we're in better position.

The Clemson loss means little in regards to UGA's SEC-hopes, but doesn't mean little in the grand scheme. UGA can no longer lose another game for the rest of the season if they want to make it to the big game. If they lose another, to us and USCe most likely, they're done, however winning the Clemson game would've given them the ability to drop a game to us or USCe and still make it.
  7. gatorump

gatorump Member

Ratings Received:
    +31
    The only time I ever needed uga to win anything was last year in the SEC title game, only because that was our only chance of getting to the BCS title game and even that was a stretch. We didn't need them in '95 when we lost to Nebraska or in '96, but that year we needed Texas and Ohio State to win. We didn't need them in 2001 when we lost to ut, nor in 2006 and 2008. We needed help in most of those years getting to the title game, but none ever came from the mutts. The Gator world revolves just fine when Georgia sucks. If it doesn't revolve around the Gators getting a shot at a title then I hope they lose. My sole purpose for ever wanting them to win would be to satisfy my own desires for our program. We are in the sec chances are if we only lose one game this year we play for the title. It doesn't matter that uga lost.
  8. HungaryGator

HungaryGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +77
    You obviously haven't interacted with the Buttsniffers much. You have no idea how fortunate you are. Its just lucky for you that your island has no rabies and thus quarantines all dogs before allowing entry. That keeps their numbers quite low there I'm sure.
  9. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,036
    I respectfully disagree. We control our destiny. They do not. We are in better shape.

Clemson may lose to FSU and USCe (at least)....UGA lost to an ACC team. 1 SEC loss wont kill you for the BCS...but opening up by getting your defense torched by an ACC team elliminates you...This actually helps tOSU as it makes one less SEC team that can jump an undefeated Buckeye team.

This dazzling post was sent via my Samsung Galaxy Tablet using jet packs custom built for Gator Country.
  10. wulimaster

wulimaster Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +135
    I don't know why anyone who has spent 3 seconds on our gameday threads would mock anyone else for a meltdown.
  11. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,205
    I'd rather lose a game early than later to be honest.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,036
    To an SEC team, yes. To an ACC team, no.

This dazzling post was sent via my Samsung Galaxy Tablet using jet packs custom built for Gator Country.
  13. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +780
    Didn't Georgia start last year 0-2 and was within 5 minutes of playing for the NC? They looked pretty awful after those 2 games with a weak offense and equally inept defense. Then things turned around and they woke up. What is different this year is the loss of their top receiver. We'll see what happens but man Clemson sure put on an awesome run out of the tunnel. The best I've seen outside of the Super Bowl.