Let the big dawg melt down

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gator85jd, Sep 1, 2013.

1. GatorSean

GatorSean Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,010

What matters is how our SOS compares to that of other team's SOS. So lets say uga actually does lose every game... we are still likely going to play 4 top 15 teams... and that's still more than any other team, so our SOS is still going to be among the top in football, even in the most extreme uga disaster possible.

So uga's record has such a minimal influence on the outcome of our season, there's just no way it justifies actually having to cheer for them.

And the idea you have to go undefeated defies recent history. 5 of the last 7 NCs had at least one loss.
  2. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,700
    Was not cheering for them I really could care less, but it makes for better theatre and offers a marginal benefit if they are more relevant when we play. That's all for me, do not really want to argue a silly point.
  3. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,022
    We have good talent on O, good enough to win a lot of games with. It's the people who want it all at once who are being unrealistic. It's development and experience of those players that will determine who is good or not. Muschamp has had two back-to-back top 5 concensus classes, so we have the talent, they just need the development.

They may not all come on like gangbusters in the same season though. Some flourish later.

There are a number of other variables which play in too. Multiple OC's and constant staff changes is the main one, and our WR's last year, as much as some hate to admit, did not really even have a quality position coach to work with them. Now we have Joker Phillips.

It's not all going to come on suddenly in one season. Muschamp has the defense where he wants it, but it's going to be one more recruiting class to put the final pieces together on offense, and then we can just reload every year after that.
  4. GatorChoice

GatorChoice Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +105
    That is exactly my hope!
  5. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    While I agree we are missing a couple pieces in terms of being elite, we have more than enough in place to be a respectable top 50 offense.
  6. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    Excellent post.....it's like a puzzle, over time all the pieces will fit together and I believe as our coaches begin to trust some of our talented freshmen skill position players there will be noticeable improvements during the course of this season.
  7. WDGator

WDGator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    The only difference between this game and the Clemson FSU game last year is an SEC team, and again the winner will be brought back to earth in a few weeks. This is a win win. Uga loses and Clemson will blow it like every year.
  8. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,022

I agree with that sentiment, but it's up to how Muschamp plays and strategy of the game we're in at that moment.

One of the most important reasons why we won 11 games last year is because Muschamp played close to the vest and didn't take chances. he relied on his D to and special teams to carry the offense and won the TO margin.

I expect as the younger receivers develop this year, the more we'll throw to them, and then the higher our offense will climb, but the most important thing is that Muschamp doesn't care where our O is ranked at. He's not going to come out throwing the ball all over the field unless he's forced to do so.

When you watch Bama, our passing routes aren't much different. I myself ams excited to watch Matt Jones and Kelvin Taylor and really get the run-game going. Once that happens, the passing game will open up even more.
  9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,885
    :laugh::laugh:

Be careful what you "inject" here on these forums.
  10. GatorSean

GatorSean Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,010
    :no:
    They didn't run the table. I don't know where that mythology comes from.

They lost their final two games and finished the season with 4 loses.
  11. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    Seeing the bewildered look on Jeffbo's face in the closing minutes of that game will be as good as the beatdown.

[​IMG]
  12. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +768
    Which is more embarassing to them, losing to Boise 2 yrs. ago or losing to an ACC team this year?
  13. Swampmaster

Swampmaster New Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    losing a close game to a top 10 team in game 1 is no big deal---ga can still win the national title by winning out. ga's biggest issue is losing their top WR to a fluke injury caused by celebrating on GA's first td when he airbumped todd gurley.
  14. Ofg8r

Ofg8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +225
    Last night I debated whether to pull for UGA, and decided to hell with it. If the Gators beat Alabama in the SECCG, do we really think the BCS will deny them just because UGA lost a game? Do we think they will take the ACC champion over the SEC champion?

I just decided to go with the flow and enjoy the evening.
  15. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    More leg humper meltdowns.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/bulldogs-run-out-of-time-in-loss-to-clemson/nZjP4/
  16. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,205
    Speaking of meltdowns...Did anyone hear the dude that called in to the radio show in Atlanta after the Dawgs went down? The show called "The Night Cap"(92.9 TheGame in Atlanta)

The Dawg fan breaks down and cries after the loss to Clemson.

You've got to hear this...:laugh:

Funniest video I've heard in a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2j0FsDkUqg
  17. Swamp55

Swamp55 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +263

+1 Well said. It's a long season -- enjoy EACH week, not just the last one.
  18. Colin

Colin Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,511
    Surprised they are picked to beat SC. I think Georgia's psyche is pretty damaged right now, and Clowney is prolly pissed that he's been called out of shape. Don't like the doggies chances in this one.
  19. acegator

acegator Member

Ratings Received:
    +42
    Well since we have never gone undefeated i.e. won out, I would say it is not going to happen. A no loss clemson would get in before a 1 lose UF.
  20. cocodrilo

cocodrilo Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,740
    It was only a matter of time. I'm surprised there aren't more injuries from this stupid practice. But now it's part of the game, just something to add to the risks of injury along with helmet to helmet, illegal blocks, etc. What's all this talk about making football safer?