Less than 1% of visitors are signing up for Obamacare on state exchange websites

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mocgator, Oct 3, 2013.

1. mocgator

mocgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +501
    Because they found out that A. It's not "free" B. It's expensive

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Obamacare-state-health-exchange-websites.html

California's program registered an estimated 0.58 per cent of website visitors in its first day
    A Connecticut congressman boasted that his state took 167 applications for Obamacare services on day one, a rate of 0.59 per cent

California, the ultimate blue state whose federal lawmakers voted overwhelmingly in support of Obamacare, turned less than 1 per cent of its Web visits into 'Covered California' participants on Tuesday.

'We had over 5.7 million hits to our website as of 3 p.m. yesterday,' Covered California spokeswoman Kelsey Caldwell told MailOnline Wednsday.

'7,700 consumers began their application process yesterday. ... 4,143 applications are pending,' she added. 'We received 23,269 calls yesterday to our service center.'

Caldwell couldn't say how many of the 5.7 million website hits were from unique Californians. But assuming 712,500 online visitors saw eight different Web pages each, the sign-up rate was 0.58 per cent.

But without enrollment figures, it's impossible to know whether Obamacare is seeing a flood of new customers or just a trickle. The White House did not respond to a request for those numbers.

LOL... of course they didn't give the numbers. If they were just average they would be trumpeting it from the top of the MSNBC building. The reality is that it's a disaster.
  2. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +966
    You do realize that it is a 6 month open enrollment, right? And that people may just be getting the prices before they make a family decision?
  3. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Yeah and you believe in the tooth fairy and the easter bunny, right Fred?

Who do you think are the first to go to the exchanges? I would guess those who have been denied access to health insurance due to chronic or life threatening conditions. And the sign up rate is less than 1%. As Mick Huber would say...OH MY....BARAK DOES NOT HAVE A TOUCHDOWN.
  4. el_lagarto

el_lagarto Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +226
    i went to the florida site..which is the federal site, to check on prices.

i have employees now and dont plan on offering insurance. go to the florida(federal) site and tell me whether i should be looking at the personal or business exchange.

when i went and it it took me more than 30 seconds to figure it out, i left. if that simple piece of info that i needed as a semi intelligent person is vague and ambiguous and misleading to me,, then this thing is gonna struggle to get going.

typical govt. when it doubt, make it as complicated as humanly possible.

i still would like to know what a 5K deductible policy with 80 - 100 % coverage for a healthy single guy costs in the exchange. also a family plan with similar coverage.
    i really dont want to register at a federal site just to check prices.

if anybody has, please post some numbers.
  5. mocgator

mocgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +501
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    I've tried since site opened. Have never gotten in. Damn Bush.
  7. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dumba$$ liberals.
  8. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,887
    If they're looking at sign-ups per site visits, it's no surprise the number is really low. Heck, I've visited the site no less than 10 times but with all the glitches have yet to sign in, needless to say get a quote.
  9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    Make sure you look at the ridiculous deductibles in those plans before you buy one. :wink: