Lebron To Become a Free Agent...

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by UFG8rGuy3283, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Singaporegator

Singaporegator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +203
    Only two other teams have ever made the finals four years (or more) in row. One team did it twice. Actually rarer than a three-peat. Easy guess.
  2. cstgator

cstgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +106
    There will be a learning curve for sure but Kyrie Irving is an absolute stud (talent-wise) and Wiggins most likely is. Varejao has been through the wars.

I'm just wondering why everyone refuses to look past this next season. Even ESPN analysts like PJ Carlesimo seem to have the most short-sighted visions as to what the Cavs should do. Talking about blowing up the team to get more big-name pieces. How about just seeing what you have first. Not saying the Cavs shouldn't make a move down the road but for now, I think they should stand pat and develop their guys.

I think guys like Kyrie, Wiggins, Tristan, and AB can benefit greatly from LeBron's mentorship and leadership on and off the court. Maybe they flame out in the 2nd round this year. That probably WON'T be a bad thing. LeBron is a guy like MJ, Larry Bird, Magic, etc. He will absolutely get this team to the Finals at some point, and I don't think it's a 4 year process either. Not sure why the Cavs absolutely need a guy like Kevin Love, especially at the expense of an elite young talent like Wiggins. Just let it play out! Their roster is, in fact, contrary to what the knee-jerk media wants people to think, loaded with young talent. For crissakes, they have three #1 picks since LBJ took his talents to South Beach four years ago! And AB is looking like a way different human than he did last season...in a good way.

And I'm not even a Cavs fan but a diehard Magic fan. Just find it comical how everyone wants to build superteams when teams like the Mavericks in 2011 and the Spurs in 2014 have won the Finals (by beating a "superteam"). Not to mention the back-to-back Lakers teams several years ago, Pistons, etc. Finally, the very concept of a superteam is just freaking boring unless you're a fan of that team.
  3. mac4lyfe

mac4lyfe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +844
    I totally agree. The Cav's should be patient, see how these young guys work together and not make anymore moves until the trade deadline. Minnesota will have to eventually reduce their demands for Love and the Cav's just might not need him. Bennett was hurt to start and end the season but there were glimpses where he looked very good. He's in great shape going into summer league and you can tell he's playing with a chip on his shoulders. I'm excited to see Bennett, Kyrie, Wiggins, Waiters and Tristan Thompson playing together. I'd pass on Love for now.

I think James knows that this could take some time. I believe he learned in Miami just how tough it is to win a title.

4. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,110
    Dale Carnegie would not approve...

Just a hunch, but I think I know why you weren't able to win many friends in Florida :cool:
    • Funny Funny x 1