Lebron To Become a Free Agent...

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by UFG8rGuy3283, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Bradass

Bradass Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +822
    http://grantland.com/features/nba-m...james-chris-bosh-houston-rockets-free-agency/
  2. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +746
    Stretch provision allows you to stretch cap hit out longer than the contract
  3. Nicho

Nicho Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +467
    LeBron James: The Urban Meyer of the NBA. Goes to Florida, wins two championships, gets homesick and ends up back to Ohio?
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,696
  5. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +575
  6. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,696
    You, Dan Gilbert, and all eight of the remaining Heat fans.
  7. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,466
  8. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +575
    No, it's true. Basically the Cavs were dumping salary but to make the trade work they took on the rights of 3 euro players that have zero chance of ever playing in the NBA. Drejer was one of them.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. TampaGatorFan

TampaGatorFan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +549
    Man, if LeBron is just trolling Cleveland...
  10. mac4lyfe

mac4lyfe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +571
    As a Cleveland fan this could be setting up to be the ultimate jilting. I won't get my hopes up until it's done. I think a lot of Cav fans are reserved. They're not going to let their hearts be ripped out again.

I do however chuckle a bit of the implications. What does it say about Miami as a city that his family misses home and most importantly, if he and Bosh leaves, the Heat will possibly be cellar dwellers and that 1st round pick they gave Cleveland could be worth a whole lot. What goes around comes around. Ouch.

11. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +473
    Not sure what any Cleveland fan would be chuckling about, as Miami fans have 2 championships with Lebron (3 in total)and Cleveland, well they are still Cleveland with little chance of ever winning a championship.

And it doesn't really say anything about Miami as a city. If, and it is a big if, he goes to Cleveland, its just a matter of being homesick imo. If he can convince Bosh, Wade, Carmelo or any other quality free agent to pick Cleveland over Miami you might have a point and the Cavs might have a chance to win something..

It not like he would be taking Spoelstra, Pat Riley, Mickey Arison, etc with him to run the Cleveland show. You still have Dan Gilbert running the show and an unproven head coach, now that's something to cry about imo.
  12. mac4lyfe

Ratings Received:
    +571
    Sure Miami got 2 titles with Lebron but ya'll are still front runners and the worst fan base in any sport. It does say a lot about the city, especially when he left for Miami fans exclaimed that Miami was such a better destination than Cleveland. It would say a lot to actually live in Miami and basically get sick of living there. I've lived in both cities and prefer Cleveland (except the snow) much better. Take away the beach and the malls and Miami is a pretty boring city.

Rumor has it that Mike Miller might come to Cleveland as well. And in an even bigger shocker, Bosh might come as well. I'm not holding my breath and really don't care but that would be ironic, especially with Miami owing Cleveland their 1st pick. Cleveland's roster without Lebron is on the rise. Cleveland is in a great position to start competing for the East. I don't think Cleveland needs Lebron. The truth is that Lebron needs Cleveland. The only 2 places he can really go is Miami and Cleveland and Cleveland is in much better shape. Miami is on the way down, whether you see it or not. Bad knees Granger, McRoberts and Napier isn't considered an upgrade by any stretch.

13. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,696
    I haven't seen anything about Bosh to Cleveland. Miller and Allen, yes, but no Bosh. He flat refused to go there in 2010. James would have likely stayed if Bosh had done so.
  14. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +389
  15. mac4lyfe

Ratings Received:
    +571
  16. mac4lyfe

Ratings Received:
    +571
    Yep, he refused to go there in 2010 but things change, people change. If he's willing to forgo a max $88 million deal with Houston, he's probably willing to play in Cleveland. I heard they reached out to him. I have no way to corroborate it, nor do I think he would move but it would be a huge story.

17. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,696
    I thought the other guy was Allen, not Bosh. Regardless, I don't see how they could get him. No way they sign him outright. It would take a sign and trade, but what would Miami require in return? Wiggins? I would rather have Love than Bosh if you are going to make that deal. Or Pau Gasol. Or Marc Gasol. Or Melo. Or...
  18. Bradass

Bradass Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +822
  19. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +380
    Cleveland fans have some unmitigated you know what's to expect that LBJ owes you guys anything or wants to bring you championships after the way you and your owner treated him in 2010.

LBJ is returning to Miami on a 2-3 year deal.....then when he is 33-34 he will go to cleveland after Wiggins and crew are getting over their growing pains and hitting their primes in the hopes that he can pop titles 4-5 taking on a more leadership/veteran role.

at that point, he is using you and not vice versa.
  20. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +389
    I am a huge LeBron fan, but I think he is going to come out looking very bad again. Maybe not like The Decision, but it might be close. This isn't something that just popped up. I can't imagine he doesn''t know what he wants to do. He's had plenty of time since the NBA Finals ended. I believe that if they won the title, he would already be back in Miami. I know he personally isn't saying anything, but he is allowing rumors to be spread. The latest one about the letter is a joke and just seems like a possible excuse if he goes back to Miami. I don't have a problem if he didn't go back because of the letter, but this is nothing new and it can't be changed. To have it "leak" is definitely calculated.