Kudos to PY

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by akaGatorhoops, Dec 18, 2013.

1. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops Guest

Ratings Received:
    +1,391
    Awwww ... Thanks! Now you have me feeling bad about all of our Erv wars! Lol!!!
  2. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,119
    [​IMG]
  3. austingtr

austingtr VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +675
    I love Patric. I think he is emotional on the court, and could be the heart of this team. He is showing a "want" that he didn't show in years prior. He could be this team's Noah.

Regarding his progress in focusing, it is hard to focus for sustained periods of time- it takes a lot of effort. Maturity and experience helps so much to understand how you can let emotions distract you during a game. I think he has improved, and continues to improve. A smart player thinking while playing or throwing a FT can be to their detriment. When you think about the situation or technique, well... it isn't good. When you play, you have to TRUST on what you know, and what you have practiced. Playing in the "zone" is much easier for a senior who trusts he knows what he has to do. Dodo looks like is starting to trust he knows what he is supposed to do within Billy's system, and Hill will continue to make strides. Walker will have a difficult time at first with this. It takes time to develop mental strength.

Trust me, the more you practice, the more you can trust in your abilities, the easier it is to maintain focus. Then you learn to use your emotions or discard them during a game.

And I'm shocked that AKA was a tennis head case lol.
  4. jareduf

jareduf Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +180
    Pat is really picked up his game this year. He is really improved offensively and is incredible defensively. He certainly has raised his draft stock.
  5. RD_gator

RD_gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +184
    I was just ribbing you aka; you're a good poster! ;)
    As for the tuna fish, good catch!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,589
    I'm like that too. I love to shoot pool but will let a missed easy shot affect my game adversely if I don't work hard to let it go.
  7. austingtr

austingtr VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +675
    I have learned to give myself 5 secs to get my emotional release (say your come on, yes, curse, get mad or whatever) after an important point, and then I focus on what I'm going to do next. It took a lot of effort to learn to do this, probably a year to a year and a half of consciously doing it best I could. Now it is a natural thing, and I don't let my emotions rule the game. You can relearn not to be a "head case". But tennis is a lonely sport, so it is easy to get in your own head.
  8. CalSFGator

CalSFGator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    To that point, my biggest concern is that Prather (who is playing great) is very susceptible to confidence issues and could fall away as quickly as he came on. We need him to be confident and aggressive.
  9. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops Guest

Ratings Received:
    +1,391
    Excellent point, and I agree. Though I do think part of Casey's problem was not only a slipping confidence, but erratic playing time due to injuries and rust.