Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kristi Noem is an evil, puppy killing piece of garbage

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by HeyItsMe, Apr 27, 2024.

1. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    What WDG and I said were basically the same thing. I just used a different choice of words that are perceived to less offensive.

What you are saying about imposing worldview is true. But for a non believer it just makes it more irritating that a particular belief is being imposed on them based on what they believe to be a fiction. Plus given our freedom of religion and freedom from religion it is conceptually problematic. We are free to worship whom we want, but nonetheless have to follow laws that are inspired by one particular religion.

I’m sure you would have a big issue with having to live under sharia law, or a satanist government mandated everybody sacrifice a goat on Friday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Ted Bundy clearly didn't have values that align with societal ethics and or what most people consider moral. But I don't recall that he ever tried to use a differing set of morals as his defense, do you? I bet even he knew killing was wrong, which is why he lied about doing it and tried to hide his crimes.

3. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    So this Kolberg fellow is your god. Got it

(though it makes your mockery of "the invisible guy in the sky" as ridiculously hollow, as it is patently insulting).

#kolbergscult!

4. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Not my god, but he was a visible person that we know existed, so he's got that going in his favor.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    I'm still baffled at the startling development that positioning oneself against puppies, could possibly backfire politically...

Seemed like as populist a play as one could conjure up. o_O

:monkey:

6. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    He's a dude with a take, to whom you attribute greater respect and deference, than the God of Abraham, who is beloved and worshipped by the members of the 3 largest religions on the planet, accounting for more than 1/2 the world's population...

...and whom you callously dismiss as some "invisible guy in the sky".

Iow...YOUR *god*. Wear it proud yo! Light a candle! Pray the kolberg plsalter! Etch that sacred pyramid on stone tablets...

7. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Hot chick vs puppies...

Should be a lot closer than this.

I'm thinking she needs to show up in a hot pink bikini at the next interview--then the evasive answers might come off as aloofness, a cuteness becoming of dizzying sexiness..

That might just shore up the chasm between her and puppies....

Alas, sexy, scantily clad hot chicks are so 20th century archaic, seems like only us dirty ol' men might dig it, and there just aren't enough of us to move the needle much, against puppies.

:monkey:

Where's ol Heff when you need him?

Ah yes...cooking in the furnaces of hell i suspect...

:devil:

8. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    And this, folks, is why you can't have intelligent conversation with religious zealots.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Awww...don't like your religious views mocked? Whod'a thunk...

Tell us more about "the invisible guy in the sky" business, and respectful convo...

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    whether you (or I) like it or not likely a majority of the worldwide population believes in religion including many highly educated and reasonable people, including the current president.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Now you are just being dumb by implying that knowing about different moral development philosophies somehow equals religion.

Religion is the believing in something that you've never seen and can't offer evidence that it exists, usually because someone else told it was "real" ... Christianity recruits and exploits using the same level of reasoning that you can use to train a dog, the promise of reward (Heaven/Treats) and the threat of punishment (Hell/Rolled up newspaper), and sadly, that lowest level of reasoning is why, as you said, half the world follows some version of this.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Yeah, that's why I said "Zealots" and not "reasonable people" in this case.

13. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    You think rather highly of yourself, and obviously, very lowly of us Christians. Setting aside the fact that this not so humble Christian surely thinks less of your intellect than you could possibly think of mine, and that I couldn't possibly care less about your opinion of mine...

Let's take a quick glance your suggestion that religion and simple mindedness are co-related.

First, let us begin with species. Of all the species on the planet and throughout history, and prehistory to the beginning of time--there has been but one species, for which we have been able to identify any evidence of adherence to religion: homo sapiens.

So we can shift the entirety of the animal kingdom--from amoeba to worms, cock roaches to rats, pigs to chimpanzees, mollusks to dolphins--sans homo sapiens--to your side-the irreligious. We can also throw in the entirety of the plant kingdom, fungi, bacteria, protist, eukarya... you get them all. Sans homo sapiens.

You also may lay claim to the neaderthals, and cro-magnon, and any others, as to my knoweledge, there is no evidence of religion within those.

Stacked against homo sapiens, all of intellectual accomplishments of all of your animal kingdoms and species combined, are grotesquely out done by those of homo sapiens, whose existence constitutes a blink an eye compared to the rest.

Coincidence?

Now, let us break down homo spaiens within that blink of an eye....

From the beginning of civilization--the Chinese, the Greeks, the Aztecs, Maya, Incas, the Romans, the barbariens, the Visogoths, the Celtics, the Vikings...on and on--ALL of the great, successful civilizations---were undeniably, demonstrably religious--with religion not just being ALWAYS there, but invariably, a driving force.

Coincidence?

Now, within the realm of religions, cases can be made for this one vs the other--conversations to be had amongst us enlightened religious folk, not your determined to go back to the prokaryote era types...

But for purposes of your explicit allegation of us Christians being simple minded--the civilizations we anchored have led the world on technological advancement for the last ten centuries, and counting.

Coincidence?

Everything from agricultural advancements to space travel...automobiles and trains to motorized boats...air planes to rockets capable of leaving and returning to/fro outer space ...computers, telephones, cell phones... on and on, invented and developed in countries anchored in Christian culture...

Coincidence?

Your team continues to...evolve?

TBL: Religion--including (in fact led by) Christianity > absence of religion.

...by epochal margins...

Last edited: May 9, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Contra

Contra GC Legend

May 15, 2023
    “I don't feel guilty for anything. I feel sorry for people who feel guilt.”
    ― Ted Bundy

“What's one less person on the face of the Earth, anyways?”
    ― Ted Bundy

“I haven't blocked out the past. I wouldn't trade the person I am, or what I've done, or the people I've known, for anything. So I do think about it. And at times it's a rather mellow trip to lay back and remember.”
    ― Ted Bundy

15. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    People throughout history have also all farted ... coincidence?

All those things you listed were created by advancements in science and have nothing to do with religion (or farting). I can't for the life me imagine what you think the invention of the motor boat has to do with any religion. Maybe your point is science > religion? I'll agree to that.

Other than that, pointing out that civilizations across the world all have mythology that worshipped anything from the dozens of invisible gods to the moon, cows, dirt ... well, I don't know how that proves anything, it just proves a bunch of them (or all of them) were wrong.

Last edited: May 9, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    He confessed the day before his execution after denying it for 15 or 20 years, whatever it was. That is hardly the move of someone comfortable and proud of what they did. Psyche 101 would tell you that people who try to hide their crimes know it's wrong.

17. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Of course the nexus was lost on you. I addressed that in my first paragraph. The post wasn't actually written for you. Just in response to your post, but for others to contemplate.

18. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    She could do it from her hunting grounds while brandishing a rifle behind her dog's carcass.

19. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    (or specific societal / cultural)

20. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    You are literally trying (and failing) to make the argument that because a lot of people worshipped the same invisible man in the sky that those people should get credit for scientific advancements, while offering no logical connection at all between the two. The facts are a lot of scientists are atheists or agnostic (about 60%). Religion has played a major part in suppressing science and advancement. Religion played the same role in inventing the motor boat as ripping a big juicy flatulence blast.