Krauthammer talking with Ingraham- rips Cruz and Lee

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by philnotfil, Oct 11, 2013.

1. philnotfil

philnotfil Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +846
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUZjtKiZhcc

Transcript

I was personally amused by Ingraham's outrage at people calling her a RINO :)
  2. gatorman_07732

gatorman_07732 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,175
    This is nothing new Krauty has been bashing these guys since even before the shutdown. He's part of the old guard.
  3. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +169
    Lee and Cruz both could be one-term senators. According to a recent BYU poll (Brigham Young University isn't exactly a hotbed of liberalism), Lee could be in serious trouble although he will not be running for reelection until 2016. From an article on Sen. Lee.
    Desert News

In the case of Cruz, there is a very real possibility that he may resign his seat to hit the far right speaking circuit. As a US Senator, Ted Cruz earns $174,000 a year. As a speaker he would probably receive a speaking fee of $100,000 per speech plus expenses. In addition to the speaking, he would probably receive a lucrative contract from Fox. If this sounds absurd, remember there is a precedent.
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,862
    This is because he thinks that letting Obama-care go into full swing will do more damage than postponing it. He has the same exact beliefs about Obama-scam/tax as those two mentioned, but he has a different view on how to get rid of Obama-scam/tax. That is the crux of his disagreement with them.
  5. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,612
    Krauthammer is speaking, unfortunately, as one who regularly talks as if the goal of the political process is for Republicans to have majorities. Cruz and Lee and conservatives understand the goal of the political process is to obtain outcomes for the United States, and that having political power at all is only incidental to that.
  6. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +5,862
    True, but Krauthammers 'seemingly and overstated' angst with Cruz in not about ideals nor substance but in methodology.
  7. JG8tor

JG8tor Member

Ratings Received:
    +4
    She wanted to be precedent, sure, but to be fair - she was only a Governor.
  8. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,616
    In essence, saying what I've been saying, but from a different angle.

Had the Dems acquiesced to the GOP's request, and hit the snooze button for a year, it would have served to obscure the design flaws of Obamacare, now being exposed. But his point about the GOP's stance itself obscuring the exposure of these flaws, is a compelling point.
  9. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +1,616
    IOW, ideologues vs. pragmatist.

Ironically, it's the politicians who are the ideologues, and the journalist, who is the pragmatist, here.
  10. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +5,862
    Yes, this is true. But, I believe that Cruz shined a light on this and the debt ceiling all at once. And that debt ceiling is the one that our Pubs in congress have hit the "snooze button" on in recent years. Cruz brought this to the forefront and made it relevant again.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +1,616
    ^^^great point. Easily lost in the fray over Obamacare.
  12. gatorman_07732

Ratings Received:
    +5,175
    And where does the President fit into your equation?
    Just how darn ironic.
  13. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,178
    Wait, I agree with Krauthammer? What's the works coming to?
  14. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +1,616
    He doesn't. It was a question of the Cruz conservatives vis a vis krauthammer.

If you're asking-'In a vacuum, where do I fit Barry, between ideologue and pragmatist?'

Neither. He's a self-serving, immature narcissist. He is definitely not a pragmatist, and the closest he is to being an ideologue, is that he is beholden to, and surrounded by, ideological aspiring peers and sycophants. He aims to please his aspiring peers, and his sycophants subscribe to the same ideology. Barry is the tool for the former, and the flag for the latter.
  15. gatorman_07732

Ratings Received:
    +5,175
    Good Lord, he is the biggest ideologue of them all. You can't even be honest about the guy.
  16. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +1,616
    ^^^I know....I've had this discussion with a number of ppl. who disagree with me.

First, his intelligence does not impress. Ideologues are usually pretty intelligent--at least extremely well versed about the subject of their ideology--and passionate. He is not passionate at all.

Second, he is lazy. Spends hours on the golf course, vacays up the ying yang, never accomplished anything in the private sector, was just a community organizer.

Third, he is inconsistent. One day he's anti-debt, the next...'let's blow the debt to kingdom come!!!'

Fourth, he's inarticulate in his speech, without the teleprompter. Ideologues, almost by definition, will talk your ear off, and go into greater detail than you could ever care to hear about or know about, whatever their passion is. Again, he's not passionate about anything (but himself--ergo narcissist).

I could go on....I just don't buy that he's an ideologue. But he is a formidable tool (for the ideologues he surrounds himself with).
  17. gatorman_07732

Ratings Received:
    +5,175
    92, this guy has no patience for people that don't think like him and uses his pulpit to degrade those people at every turn. He also believes that he should not have to deal with congress and that he should be able to do everything by executive fiat. I agree with much of what you said about him, but it doesn't discount him from being an ideologue. He said him self that he wanted to fundamentally change the country, which is being don't before our eyes.
  18. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +1,616
    Practically speaking, there isn't much difference between him being a 'tool', and harboring the sentiments himself. It's more academic.

Let me put it to you this way--if the right people approached him and suggested to him that he/they should [cut back on govm't spending significantly], and that he would look like a hero if he did (narcissist--gotta' stroke the ego)...I believe he would.

Substitute the part in brackets for whatever issue you want, and imo, pretty much the same result.

NOTE: for all his perceived championing of Obamacare...how much did he actually know about how it would work?

Why did he have to pirate Romney care....rather than coming up with his own--if he was such an ideologue?

IMHO.
  19. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +1,616
    ^^^now, let me caveat the above--he does have his natural 'bent'--e.g.--pro-muslim, big-govm't, anti-big biz, pro-union...but that's not the same as being an 'ideologue'.

That just makes him a dependable tool.
  20. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +617
    Not necessarily. I don't think it's entirely accurate to say that delay of the individual mandate will result in deficiencies not being exposed. There will still be millions of people enrolling in Barrycare and we'll all learn of the "challenges" they face. Furthermore, I suspect folks on the right will have plenty of people enrolling in Barrycare for the sole purpose of finding the deficiencies therein/with. So ... I'm comfortable with the proposal to delay and think it is the appropriate and most equitable solution to this particular dispute.

I like and respect the K-man .... but don't always agree with his position on matters.