Kentucky Worries About Attendance

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by GothamGator, Dec 12, 2013.

1. tideh8rGator

tideh8rGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +437
    I was up at the UK football game this year and I drove within about 2 blocks of Rupp.

I couldn't get any closer because of the traffic and street layout!

One of the big problems up there is the tangle of one-way streets in downtown Lexington... mind you, this is on Saturday afternoon before we played in Commonwealth, not as much traffic there in downtown as would be on an weeknight before a game, and I found it still almost impossible to get around there. Put 20,000 in that location with all the parking hassles and I can imagine a trip to Rupp for a BBall game would be a nightmare. It makes sense that people are staying at home and watching from the couch.

If they ever build another bball palace there in Lexington it should be somewhere "outside the circle" (the locals know what I mean) in a more accessible location.
  2. BEH

BEH Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    I find Lexington as easy to get around as Gainesville. On a football afternoon Gainesville also has a few cars around.

However, when I retired I vowed to move to a place with no red lights. I did that and I don't regret it. I live between a cow pasture and a 500 acre corn/soybean/wheat field. Life is good.