Kent Taylor and Ian Silberman

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by TNGatorDude, Dec 12, 2013.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,880
    Look at the reasons the team went 4-8. The year prior the team won 11 games. I expect a good season next year

why will it be hard to get a top end coach if the team wins 8 games like you say it will?
  2. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,483
    First year is always a bad year for most any coaches, so I'm scratching that one out. (Unless you're in the big ten) lol In Champ's second year, he went 11-2. His third year has been plagued by a myriad of injuries to key players. No coach, including Saban, would do much better, IMO. Next year, we will truly know if muschamp has it or not. I'm cautiously optimistic. 10 wins is what I'm looking for. I believe we can do it. Many of the teams we face will be replacing their starting QBs, and we bring back a ton of players.

It all starts with who he hires as our OC, really. He needs a HR hire. Also, I want to see this recruiting class stay together, despite our terrible season. If he can do both of those, that's a big step in the right direction. Of course, we won't truly know if it's a HR hire until mid season. We all that Weiss was HR hire; Peterson too. Either way, it's time to be positive around here. The season is over, let's put this behind us and look forward to next year.
  3. gatorfan62

gatorfan62 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +146
    I don't think 8-4 is anything to brag about when you look at our schedule that's a lot of losses to teams we easily beat in the past. 4-8 followed by 8-4 is nothing near the level our program was at when Meyer left.
  4. gatorfan62

gatorfan62 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +146
    I disagree with most of your assumptions but like the attitude.
  5. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,880
    I actually disagree I think Meyer left the program with some major wholes. The team won 7 regular season games.
  6. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,097
    Yeah but I'd take it at this point. We'll be building a new DL and Offense. There's going to be some pressure to beat georgia and fsu but that's life. Hope we do it.
  7. gatorfan62

gatorfan62 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +146
    I do agree Meyer mailed it in the last season but he also left behind the most vaunted recruiting class ever. The talent was there but the coach wasn't and I think that still rings true today. Didn't Muschamp inherit a team that had won two of the previous four NC's with one runner up?
  8. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,758

Personally, only 8 wins would be unacceptable when 2014 was supposed to be our SEC or NC run season anyway, or both. Last year was supposed to be the season where we showed marked improvement from year 1 and this season was supposed to be where we showed drastic improvement, although the schedule was very tough. This season was not only an embarrassing abysmal meltdown of our football program as a whole, but we also became the pun of jokes on ESPN highlight centers and a laughing stock to our rivals.

With the way Foley has obsessively supported an obvious novice like Muschamp and pushed Captain Meltdown down our throats for another year, nothing less than a win over rivals UT, UGA, and fsu and a trip to Atlanta is acceptable IMO next season. Less than 9 wins and he should be fired IMO, and without an SEC East Title, those 9 wins should, without debate, include wins over our three main rivals at least. A fourth loss to UGA would be inconceivable.

Hell, Muschamp should have been fired after we lost to Vanderbilt on Homecoming. With a fourth year of the Muschamp Flying Circus, perhaps Foley will see his own folly when we lose @ Tennessee and effectively get knocked out of the SEC East race early in the season.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  9. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,880
    I dont think the talent was here on offense when Muschamp got here. I dont think the Dline was deep either even though it had some young talent. We has like 6 OL in 2011. Meyer left for a reason the roster sucked.
  10. gatorfan62

gatorfan62 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +146
    8-4 means we lose to all of the boys and beat bad or marginal teams.
  11. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,880
    you might have missed the conversation he said the team was going to win 8 games. He wants Muschamp fired so if the team only wins 8 he wants Muschamp gone. But maybe you wanted to quote me just to cry somemore. Not sure your opinion counts much to Foley either.
    • Boring Boring x 1
  12. gatorfan62

gatorfan62 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +146
    Meyer left because his bag of clichés had grown old and he was exposed. Same thing will happen at OSU.
  13. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,880
    gatorfan what do you think about this?

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN10m
    Texas A&M releases contract details for Kevin Sumlin's new 6-year deal. As previously reported, $5M annually with a $5M buyout.

5mil a year for a coach that just went 8-4?
  14. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +541
    I get tired of hearing this argument. I know we had injuries and I know they contributed to the 8 losses, but other teams like UGA had major injuries too and they ended with 8 wins. With the talent we have, there's really no excuse for us not automatically winning 7 or 8 games.

For whatever reason, this team gave up and that's a reflection on the coaches. Maybe they gave up on Pease and the offense but bottom line is Muschamp didn't hold this team together and there is no excuse for that. NONE!

I'm all for giving Muschamp a second chance and just chalking this up to a learning experience, there honestly, I think anything less than 8 wins is unacceptable. I really consider 8 wins to be a worst case scenario to buy him another season.
  15. gatorfan62

gatorfan62 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +146
    Wrong. I already want Muschamp gone
    You keep referring us to Foley like he listens to you. You are wasting energy with all of your email Foley, call Foley, opinion Foley nonsense. We are all aware that we are not his personal advisor anymore than you are. Have you forgotten where you are at?
  16. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,880
    It is not an excuses it is the truth and I dont think the team gave up.
  17. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    See I see it completely different. When evaluating offense and defense, in three years we've produced one great unit, our defense in 2012, which was built on the back of Meyer's now NFL players. Other than that there isn't much else to write home about. His recruits, which is all we will have going forward, have accomplished so very little on either side of the ball in three years. It's astonishing.

If injuries were so devastating then why didn't Pease and Davis get to use that as an excuse? The offense was hurt worse than the defense. Because they are more expendable and are the scapegoats. And because despite the injuries they were not doing a good job. Yet here we are going on three coordinators in four years, maybe the head coach isn't doing a good job either.

Sorry to be Debbie downer, I know you were trying be positive and I respect that. I just don't get why Muschamp gets a pass on the injuries but Pease doesn't. But as much as this board needs positivity it also needs some realistic comments about what's happening to keep things interesting.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,880
    lol what are you talking about? Foley doesnt listen to you OR me
  19. gatorfan62

gatorfan62 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +146
    We both know TAMU is not UF and Sumlin is a hot commodity and they are programs heading in opposite directions. Are you suggesting another raise and extension for Muschamp?
  20. gatorfan62

gatorfan62 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +146
    I know. So quit suggesting people email him to get him to listen.