Kelvin Taylor

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by cedarkey_gator1, Nov 17, 2013.

1. GatorAvatar

GatorAvatar New Member

Ratings Received:
    +170
    By now you should know who the culprit is. If I mention his name I will be banned again.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. gatorev12

gatorev12 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,535
    Taylor is an exceptional RB who will continue to put up excellent numbers the rest of our season and especially next year.

He might lack straight-away speed, but his cuts and acceleration in the open field make him faster on the field than he would be running in a straight line. Throw in the vision and the strength and he's the best RB on this team.

Jones was playing a bit behind the 8 ball all season. It'll be interesting to see how he does next year and where he fits in...because he does offer a different option than Taylor and is certainly a great option on the screen due to his hands and his size.

I don't see Brown running too much next year. He's a solid, dependable guy--but not the fastest and our backfield will be very crowded when Lane and (hopefully) Cook are added to the mix. Lane gives us the same power dynamic that Brown does...but is much faster. He's going to be very interesting to watch next year as well.

As far as Cook goes, I hope he ends up here. He's a dynamic rusher and will definitely be the most explosive player we've had lined up back there since the Harvin/Rainey/Demps days.

Lost in the mix is Herndon--who, despite being talented enough IMO to play, will probably transfer to pursue playing time, as he should. I hate to see good players leave, but he deserves a chance running the football and I hope he gets it somewhere. I wouldn't sleep on the guy for this weekend's game either. Hopefully Muschamp and Pease realize that we'll need a fresh Kelvin Taylor and Mack Brown for f$u next weekend and that Herndon is plenty talented enough to rush the ball (and well) against a Georgia Southern team in the second half.
  3. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,978

Well said. And Herndon deserves an opportunity, as well. Hope he gets it.
  4. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +725
    This kid is going to be a superstar.
  5. UFreak

UFreak Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,130
    Speed, schmeed.

Quickness, balance and vision are more important than speed. There are a host of great running backs who were not track guys. Good speed is sufficient. Great speed is great, if you have the other factors that are more important.
  6. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +780
    This didn't turn into one until you brought it up.
  7. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +780
    Think about this next year too - Matt and Kelvin in the backfield together with a capable Driskel. Defenses will have to worry which guy has the ball.
  8. gator7_5

gator7_5 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +827
    Murphy isn't a capable back-up
    Fulwood will redshirt and isn't ready
    D. Robinson will start from day 1 and be a star
    Taylor isn't UF's best RB

Some people need to quit making definitive predictions in regards to players and especially incoming recruits. I hope Cook is that good so that he's taking carries from KT. It's beyond absurd to predict it at this point, though.

In regars to the OP, Taylor is the best RB on the team, and it isn't even close. 98% of fans could see that from game 1.
  9. trustamerica

trustamerica Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +14
    Browns break away run that he could go all the way KT could have scored! 21-19
  10. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    I dont know why people got upset at my comments you cant have everything as RB. Taylor has played really well and will only get better. While he is not going to be able to increase his speed that much he is going to get stronger which will make him a better back. We all know he is going to work hard to get it done
  11. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    LoL one poster made all those predictions and was wrong on every one of them!
  12. UFreak

UFreak Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,130
    I agree. And I am hoping upon hope that Cook is part of this next class. He looks great on film. I am also VERY excited to see what Lane brings to the table. I absolutely LOVED his film.
  13. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,455
    If Kelvin isn't the best back next season we will have a good problem on our hands. But Cook has not signed with us yet so the projection that Kelvin won't be the best back on the team is premature.
  14. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    It's a lame way of bashing WM in a thread where the OP asked that this not turn into a WM bashing thread - which was of course an unrealistic request since some here can't put fingers to a keyboard without bashing WM.
  15. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,864
    FWIW, you guys never keep a thread going about what it was intended for. Our positive threads always get ambushed with pissing matches
  16. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    I know you two think I made those predictions but I didnt.

I said we were in trouble if Murphy was the starting QB was I wrong? Murphy had better pocket presence than I thought but that was it.

I did say I thought Fulwood needed to add strength and wasn't ready especially with being a vertical threat. That a redshirt year was likely needed. How many times has he caught the ball down field? I said he would be a different player after a year or two off off season conditioning I will stick with that one. A veteran player like Debose goes down Pitman gets in trouble and Fulwood steps up and gets on the field. He will be a different player in the coming years.

I never said D rob would be a starter day 1. I said he had the athletic ability to make plays down field. I said I dont see him starting but I can see him getting starters snaps if he got the offenses down. He clearly didn't get the offense down. Patton stepping up also had a lot to do with it. Love the way he has played this year. I didnt think Patton was going to play this good at WR. You could say I was wrong about that.
    Why bring Patton up? Because Patton going from a jet sweep player to an all around WR takes reps away from younger players and slows down their growth.

Taylor was 4th on the depth chart at the beginning of the season. And I said I believed he would move up the depth chart as the season went on was I wrong?

What you kids tend to do is take part of what a person says and not remember the whole thing.
  17. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    I went back and watched Lane's film a few weeks ago and had a new found appreciation for his play. Like some other have said he might be the best RB with the ball in his hands on the team right now. Everybody brings a little something different to the table.
  18. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,321
    Nort, ur reaching he won't break records unless he gets all the caries. You are like a hungry fish going for an empty hook
  19. BastogneGator

BastogneGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +559
    AZ shutdown the last player appreciation thread too, basically said the current players aren't really "UF level" talent. If you feel that way fine but a) I disagree and b) take that to the recruiting page... What is this "you guys" and "our" thing. I thought it was all "we and "us" around here.
  20. enviroGator

enviroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +280
    I agree to a point.

But we got run down twice from behind at SC that I remember. Both times we didn't score TDs.