Just how crazy is Kim Jong-un....

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mocgator, Aug 29, 2013.

1. mocgator

mocgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +730
    The people of North Korea need to be freed in the worst kind of way...

Kim Jong-un's ex-girlfriend was among a dozen well-known North Korean performers who were executed by firing squad nine days ago

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ng-uns-ex-lover-executed-by-firing-squad.html

All 12 were machine-gunned three days later, with other members of North Korea's most famous pop groups and their immediate families forced to watch. The onlookers were then sent to prison camps, victims of the regime's assumption of guilt by association, the reports stated.

She was luckier than Kim Chol, vice minister of the army, who was executed with a mortar round in October 2012. Kim Chol was reportedly executed for drinking and carousing during the official mourning period after Kim Jong-il's death.

On the explicit orders of Kim Jong-un to leave "no trace of him behind, down to his hair," according to South Korean media, Kim Chol was forced to stand on a spot that had been zeroed in for a mortar round and "obliterated." :whoa::whoa:
  2. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243
    Not sure how kindly China would be if we deposed a leader on their border. I wonder which general would assume control if he was taken out. That country will have a long and hard transition to a modern world.
  3. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +916
    But his father shot the greatest round of golf in history with a hole in one on every hole.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,546
    Sounds like a guy the Chinese communists could grow to love.
  5. mocgator

mocgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +730
    George Orwell Land
  6. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,546
    Funny how this guy gets the limelight on how he treats his people but the country we do so much business with gets mentioned very little on their human rights violations.
  7. demosthenes

Ratings Received:
    +1,243
    You think the two are comparable? Have you ever been to China? I can assure you I didn't walk the streets in China in fear of the government gunning me down for no reason. Or firing a mortar at me because I partied until 4 a.m. in the streets of Beijing. There's a group of less than ideal and deplorable, and then there is bat shit crazy. It's no surprise which one garners the lion's share of attention.
  8. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,546
    I'm talking about how they treat their dissenters. Maybe it is not as drastic overall but many from Tiananmen Square and the Falun Dafa might take exception to that.
  9. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    China has gone through a massive, massive shift in the last 20 years, though.
  10. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,546
    Maybe but they are still treating dissenters very harshly from the reports I have been reading. They just try to keep it low key.

I'll use Wiki as a source, understanding it may not be totally accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Falun_Gong
  11. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,828
    ever see the 60 minutes piece on the man that was born and raised in one of NK prisons? he told on hois own mother escape attempt and she was subsequently killed in front of him and he was so far brainwashed he felt at the time that she deserved it for trying to escape. NK locks up 3 generations, and their children, for life, of any dissenters
  12. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,546
    I'm not trying to say China is as bad as NK. I am saying I doubt they are very upset about the way he treats his people though based on their own actions.
  13. demosthenes

Ratings Received:
    +1,243
    Pretty sure both of these were well publicized and drew international attention.

China may not care what he does with his people. I concede that is possible. However, China dislikes instability and they know they can't trust the little SOB.
  14. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,031
    Any country who would put this previously posted video out, and then expect ANYONE to believe it....well, sorta speaks volumes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YfJqbbkZaZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  15. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,546
    Reports are it is still going on:

"A trail of evidence was revealed in 2006 when a woman exposed that up to 4,000 Falun Gong adherents had been killed for their organs at the hospital she worked at outside of Shenyang, China.

She also reported that her husband — a surgeon at the hospital — had removed cornea from the living bodies of 2,000 Falun Gong practitioners.

A Chinese military doctor validated her story by claiming similar atrocities were happening in 36 different labor camps throughout China.

These reports inspired two prominent Canadian human rights lawyers to launch an investigation. Former Secretary of State for Asia Pacific, David Kilgour, and human rights attorney, David Matas, published their own 140-page report that drew "the regrettable conclusion that the allegations are true.""

http://theoaklandpress.com/articles/2013/08/28/opinion/doc521d0cba6a4c6193351986.txt

I agree
  16. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,165
    I don't know, I wouldnt mind executing a few pop stars by firing squad. Maybe she couldnt follow up "Excellent Horse-like Lady" with a new hit. It's a dirty business.
  17. cjgator76

cjgator76 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +563
    And he never had to poop. Sheer greatness!
  18. tbatten

tbatten New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    I just watched a documentary on that a couple nights ago. Camp 14: Total Control Zone. It's available on Netflix now. Amazing story, but the documentary is a little slow. A lot of footage of people in deep thought. As someone who has personal trauma in their past (although not close to their extent) it's easy to see why it's hard for them to talk.

Another good doc dealing with a effed up situation is 5 Broken Cameras. Amazing amount of live footage.
  19. tbatten

tbatten New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Actually, on the Camp 14 story it's a even worse than that.

He happened across his brother and mother talking. His brother had run away from the camp factory (if I recall) and his mother said he couldn't stay there, but gave him some food and told him to head for the hills.

He then went to his teacher (so odd that they have any schools in a prison labor camp) and informed on them. The next day, he and his father were seperately. (again, odd that you can be arrested while already imprisoned.) He was tortured and interrogated for about 6-7 months mostly while in solitary. Then he and his father were returned to the camp. Directly to the execution of his brother and mother. She was hanged and he was shot.

On the China issue. I watched another documentary called Seoul Train. There is something of an underground railroad set up to get North Korean refugees through China into Mongolia. If China catches them, they are sent back to North Korea (against international law) to be executed.
  20. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,320
    Oh those delightful Asians !

Just dying to laugh, and always a barrel of fun !

Sooooo nice.