Just give the D props

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by NoahBeanBizzel, Sep 21, 2013.

1. NoahBeanBizzel

NoahBeanBizzel Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +471
    Once again the defense was phenomenal. They're going to do that for us every week. The line is outstanding. The linebackers are once again fast, they're athletic, and they can cover. And aside from some breakdowns late in the game, the secondary was fantastic.

Of course none of those breakdowns had anything to do with Hargreaves. He's clearly the best corner on this team. Maybe the SEC. And people need to just put the pretense that "he's only a freshman" away for good; He's the best pure cover corner prospect to come along in the SEC since Patrick Peterson. He's further along at this point in his career than PP was. And I'll take it a step further: I'm not sure that Brian Poole isn't the second-best corner on this team. To me Poole is the most physically impressive athlete on a defense loaded with physically impressive athletes.

This is the SEC's best defense. When healthy, I'd put it up against any unit in the country. But keep saying we're only three games into the season.................................................
  2. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,691
    Yes, the defense was phenomenal again, but I don't know why you feel the need to bait those you were arguing with about Hargreaves earlier this week.
  3. NoahBeanBizzel

NoahBeanBizzel Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +471
    I get excited, man. You and I both know the kid is that good. Why not have some fun with it?
  4. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,691
    Oh, I think he is great. Best freshmen corner I can recall at Florida. Heck, best freshmen at Florida since Harvin, in my opinion.
  5. Gators15

Gators15 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    Tennessee offense really stinks! Our D played well as usual but few passes in the 4th quarter we were loose bit too much. Boomer said that Murphy won the game. True! But I would still say it's defense too.
  6. GatorSean

GatorSean Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +506
    I noticed today for the first time that he looks like Harvin wearing a helmet... same big and wide eyes...

Also, I'm not sure that he's given up a completion yet?
  7. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +55
    I only caught parts of this game but I was extremely impressed with UF's DB's. UT's WR's were always blanketed on long routes and maintained coverage on longer plays. I'll be interested to see them play against other SEC teams.
  8. IH8REFS

IH8REFS Member

Ratings Received:
    +63
    VH3 is a grade A stud. I've been of the opinion that Roberson is our best cover guy, but there's certainly an argument to be made for VH3 and as the season goes on I think he will only offer more evidence for that argument.
  9. Nubla

Nubla Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    Hargreaves is a certified baller.
  10. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +895
    after we got the targeting penalty UT went deep, the wr should of been destroyed but both safeties allowed him to catch the ball because god forbid a safety destroys a WR