JUCO O-lineman

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GATORnGA31909, Sep 11, 2013.

1. GATORnGA31909

GATORnGA31909 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +71
    Does anyone know of any good JUCO players in the country we are targeting..I think this is our biggest importance through the remainder of the cycle for this class...we need to get better at the position quickly and taking in high school kids won't cut it..JUCO guys can come in an contribute early..least the talented ones who maybe didn't have the grades to get into bigger schools at first
  2. iam4uf

iam4uf Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +477
  3. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    Guys will emerge in the next few months right now I can only see us taking one JUCO. We have a lot of players coming back and we will have a pretty veteran OL next year.
  4. johnl

johnl Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +538
    Sadly, I feel the same way. Transfers too.

I feel like to have a truly good oline for our type of offense, you MUST grab elite high school talent 3 at a time (per class.)
  5. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    They didnt expect Brown to start this year. When he committed we already knew what the starting line up was going to be for 2013 he was added depth.
  6. GATORnGA31909

Ratings Received:
    +71
    From what I took from Andrew Spiveys recruiting report we are not in good shape with any of the top offensive line recruits...something has to change..we can't continue getting the bottom guys and expect them to develop into greats.. we need a higher starting margin..he also said nothing going in the JUCO ranks either..what a shame
  7. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    when did we get bottom guys? Why would there be a lot of traction on JUCO players right now? They should wait until they have played a decent part of the season and there is some good film on them. No reason to cry or panic right now. We have 3 good OL commits
  8. GATORnGA31909

Ratings Received:
    +71
    We got 3 commits..we don't know how good they are yet..I'm not screaming about anything..I was just relaying what spivey said..we need more than 3 and we don't have anybody close to committing yet..yes we have time but the good ones are going other places and we will be left with the bottom guys..common sense dude..plus I'm not sure how well the 3 star guys we got committed right now will help us next year...we need help at tackle and depth at tackle..we don't really got it right now..least not depth in good talent..we got bodies who are able but we need more than able
  9. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    We have 3 we probably need/want 5. You are also not sure how well a 5 star player will do. There is no reason to panic right now. People did the same thing in the middle of the summer before we had a run on recruits. I like the ones we have committed we have rejected players ranked higher than them because the coaches like them as well.

If we are going to get a JUCO player that means we really only need one more high school kid. Plenty of time to bring in one high school OL player.

Also whoever we get that is a high school player is probably going to redshirt so I don't know why some are acting like we are going to get immediate help nor do I believe we need a bunch of immediate help
  10. GATORnGA31909

Ratings Received:
    +71
    Hey let me know where you bought those orange and blue glasses at...I sure wouldn't mind to have a pair like it!! If you can't see a need on the line you can't be watching the same team I'm watching..we might not need a complete overhaul buy there are a few spots on the line we need more depth..and I think its Tackle...Humphries played his freshman year..we need another recruit like that cause look what happens when he gets hurt.. and on the right side we have an injury prone chaz green that we have a guard filling in for...we have the need right now whether you want to see it or not
  11. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    What tackle besides Cam Robinson who we are not getting is going to be able to crack the lineup as a freshmen for UF? I would love to read your list. It has nothing to do with Orange and Blue glasses it have to do with logic. DJ should not have been out there last year. If we are relying on a freshmen next year we are in trouble
  12. GATORnGA31909

Ratings Received:
    +71
    Who else do we rely on then?
  13. 15gator05

15gator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +471
    How about the ol players we get back when healthy and the freshman this year that are being redshirted?
  14. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    this...
  15. GATORnGA31909

Ratings Received:
    +71
    Yeah that's the problem now...we can't stay healthy long enough on a consistent basis for any cohesion
  16. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
  17. sablegator

sablegator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    We've got 3 OL committed, 2 very good HS guards and a tackle. We lose the interior of our OL for next year and return the starting OTs. So we needed interior guys an we got um with Dorsey and Kelleher and also a tackle prospect in Angus we need one more OL for sure. Development of the class we just brought in will be very important for next year also.
  18. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,897
    I thought Kelleher and Angus are OTs. Can one play OT or OG?
  19. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    They can both play both. I personally would like Kelleher to play OG because of the way he pulls. Kelleher is also an EE
  20. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,324
    Zach says we have 4 OL committed not 3...

Four offensive linemen are currently committed — tackles Dontae Angus and Taven Bryan and guards Travaris Dorsey and Nollan Kelleher. The Gators want one more, and at this point, it might be David Sharpe or bust for the final spot.

http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/16520/zachs-mail-stack-912/

Why the discrepancy?