Josh Evans says team wasn't into playing at the Sugar Bowl.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by geauxgator1, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,655
    You may very well be right, but the Appy State game was their first game. How many injuries did they have then?
  2. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,128
    a red-hot Grossman! :joecool:

You never know for certain how a team will react. Sometimes a team will come out sky-high even though there appear to be factors that might get them down. It's not an exact science. But, I've seen too many teams (not just Gators) come out and play flat when the conditions are ripe for it to think it's not a common occurrance.

Cincy may very well have been flat against us. Harder to say when you (i.e., me) have never watched the team play before or since.

grumpy - Regarding Cincy, I was talking about the Gators' motivation for that game. The match-up had a little pizzazz to it.
  3. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,825
    I knew someone would ask that. And, of course, I have no idea.

I remember that day well. I was at the San Die-GO Gator Club (get it?). Half of the bar was full of righteous Gators like myself, waiting to watch Tebow's debut against Western Kentucky. The other half was Michigan fans (who held their club at the same location), watching the end of the App St game on the very first day of the Big Ten [sic] Network. So we Gators cheered loudly when App St blocked that last field goal while the Wolverine fans stared in shocked silence.

4. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +969
    It may have had something to do with the fact that Tebow was a champion. He and his teammates had a lot of pride and wanted to go out with a big win.

They were still stinging from the SEC CG embarrassment and were out for redemption.

Contrasting to last year, many of the players on our defense were thinking about the combines (not suprisingly) and the only player on our offense that seemed interested in playing was Mike Gillislee.
  5. FLIPCUP

FLIPCUP Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,768
    Wish this thread would die.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Swampmaster

Swampmaster New Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    late in the game, while getting blown out, the fla defense was doing sack dances after a routine play---that says it all.