John Egbunu - Potential transfer candidate from USF

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by Jonas, Apr 28, 2014.

1. themistocles

themistocles Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +460
    Here, Here!!!

Actually, DFS was not awful, he shot 30% over the season, as did Devon Walker, but certainly not very good. Hill was AWFUL.

Once in a while, a freshman is a good 3-point shooter, Frazier was, and Walsh and Roberson, and Mike Miller and a few others. Kenny Boynton was 33%, which isn't bad (equates to 50% from 2), but was not particularly "good."
  2. AzCatFan

AzCatFan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +741
    Arizona is said to be courting Egbunu, and we have a scholarship available now that Zack Peters has decided to quit basketball for health reasons (concussions). Our front court will be very good next year with Tarczewski, Ashley, Hollis-Jefferson, and Stanley Johnson, plus a 7' Euro Dusan Ristic. Both Zeus and Ashley will be juniors next year, and one or both will be likely going to the league, so if Egbunu comes to Tucson, he'd be penciled in as a starter in two years.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Bullis33

Bullis33 VIP Member VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,306
    Egbunu is the starting C at any of the schools he would go to in 15-16....but Zona at least has a 7' coming in 14 class that could potentially impede that, although Egbunu is better IMO

4. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +465
    Hey. stay on your own side of the country. We've got enough Wildcats to deal with over here already.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. themistocles

themistocles Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +460
    Hah!! Good one Maddux. Of course, in the East, Wildcats and the occasional Florida Panther are the major non-domestic cats. Out in Arizona, they might actually find a Mountain Lion. Ahhhh for the good old days when the Cheetah used to roam the Wild West.

You can't have too many Cats, or Dogs, or Wolves, or predator birds, etc., etc..
  6. gator_gary

gator_gary VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +78
    Congrats on Dorsey and Simon AzCatFan. I guess you guys lead for Rabb, Comanche and Smith. Miller better get to the final 4 soon bringing in classes like this. He is the most driven young coach in the country at the moment. Oh and 'He touched the ball!!!!'
    • Like Like x 1
  7. AzCatFan

Ratings Received:
    +741
    Never ran into a mountain lion, but have seen a bobcat or two hiking around Southern Arizona! Not uncommon for these cats to visit some of the outlying neighborhoods. Had a friend who had a house that backed onto Saguaro National East and we'd occasionally see one in the area. Beautiful animals, and the Wildcat the Arizona mascot is modeled after.

[​IMG]

As for Arizona basketball, the Final Four and National Championship are what's missing on Miller's resume. And it's a matter of when, and not if at the rate we're rolling. I just hope Miller stays in Tucson for a long, long time and doesn't get poached by a school like the other Wildcats once Cal leaves. Arizona pays well, but Kentucky could easily double whatever UA could pay.
  8. Bullis33

Ratings Received:
    +1,306
    Miller has proven he can recruit at Zona, but not that he can coach them to a FF and beyond...remains to be seen if he is truly an elite coach...certainly an elite recruiter
  9. gator_gary

gator_gary VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +78
    Yes I agree Bullis. I blast my buddy all the time about Miller's coaching ability. Only a fool last year would have not extended the pressure with the athletes they had and limited offense. He didn't need to go full court, just trap a little in the half court and try to get some fast break opportunities. Miller is and has been stubborn, refusing to get out of his pack line. That said, I think this years team will be the best they've had since he has been there. Losing Gordon and Johnon hurts, but bringing Ashley back 100% and having vets in Ashley, Zues and Mcconell will help. Rondae is a stud and Stanley should be really good at the two. That number 1 JUCO might be riding pine with York and Pitts. It's getting a little ridiculous there. If he doesn't make the FF this year, I'll be sick of hearing about his recruiting abilities. He is young, he is supposed to recruit well and burn up the trail. Billy recruited balls to the wall when he was younger too. All that said, I think Miller makes it this year.
  10. gator_gary

gator_gary VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +78
    Also, apparently, Ryan Anderson is supposed to commit to them on his visit Thursday, so congrats in advance on that too. The talent Miller has is borderline ridiculous, lets see if he can coach them.
  11. Bullis33

Ratings Received:
    +1,306
    Miller means they likely do not get Egbunu, and Miller, although eligible immediately, will sit out to rehab his shoulder that he is having surgery on and play final season in 15-16...he is not that great anyway...Mcconnell is the weak link...not a top flight PG at all, and cannot shoot..kind of a poor man's Aaron Craft, who got exposed at OSU the older he got....once zona gets a truly elite PG, watch out....

12. AzCatFan

Ratings Received:
    +741
    If Anderson is committing, then we're out for Egbunu. No more room.

As for Miller not making it to a Final Four, he'll get there some day. He's already made 5 Sweet 16's and 3 Elite 8's. The Final Four will come as long as Miller stays in Tucson. Even the best of coaches have Final Four dry spells. Lute Olson had a stretch at Arizona with 2 Sweet 16's, 1 Second round loss, and 3 first round losses inbetween Final Four runs in 1988 and 1994. Donovan didn't make it out of the first weekend between 2001 and 2005 before winning back-to-back. Miller's Final Four time is coming.
  13. Bullis33

Ratings Received:
    +1,306
    Likely so...I think Archie is the best coach in that family though.....and Sean needs to drop a few LB or he is going to have a heart attack, dude is always sweating terrible bad, and has gotten much heavier since coming to Tucson and eating all that great Mexican food (lived 6 years in PHX and traveled to Tucson 1-2 times a month for business)...good coach for sure though

14. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,468
    We have a bobcat that comes in and out of my neighborhood here in Oakland (along a ridge line of parks). I haven't seen it, but neighbors have gotten pictures of it. We have a lot of wild turkeys, skunks and squirrels in the area. Some possums and raccoon too. And plenty of small dogs. Good hunting ground.

I used to see mountain lion tracks while hiking in southern California.

On the hoops topic, keep your wildcat paws off Egbunu. ;)
  15. austingtr

austingtr VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +675
    In my suburban neighborhood we have plenty of deer, coyotes (who eat in and out cats), I've had a fox drown in my pool, rabbits, raccoon, armadillos, skunks, and plenty of snakes and spiders. Nothing bothers me like an armadillo digging your yard, or a skunk. There is too much wildlife here 20 mins from downtown. It is the price we pay for plenty of greenbelts.
  16. Singaporegator

Singaporegator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +220
    I hear armadillo is very tasty :)
  17. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +462
    Yea... there is this nice chipolte spice rub that works well with them.
    Let it sit overnight and then bake 'em slowly at 300 for 45 minutes.
    Goes great with crackers....
  18. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,566
    what the hell is thread about anymore?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Singaporegator

Singaporegator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +220
    H
    Hot sauce?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Osiris_DPM

Osiris_DPM Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +872
    I woke up from a nap earlier in a cold sweat having a nightmare about these mutant deer roaming your neighborhood that feast on your indoor and outdoor cats.
    • Funny Funny x 2