Jeremy Foley

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by UFLAW81, Oct 14, 2013.

1. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,417
    Good points.
  2. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,203
  3. GolphinGator

GolphinGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +141
    Yes they have. I received an email yesterday and they have raised the point value for the season ticket holders that have been around for many years and made other changes as well.
  4. tomis_gator

tomis_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    I heard those empty seats were actually reserved for our fans.
  5. LostReptile

LostReptile New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    fans go games to be entertained--fla has no stars, they run a boring clock eating offense & are not very good. Many fans have had enough
  6. dhouston

dhouston Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    Florida has plenty of stars on offense. They are just not utilized to their strengths. Florida is speed and our offense is ran by slow developing and predictable plays. We've been beating this dead horse for how long now? Muschamp will figure everything out or he will be gone. There's no sense in going on and on about this anymore. It will be fixed sooner or later with or without Muschamp. Life goes on
    • Like Like x 1
  7. mebegene

mebegene Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +32
    It does...I cheered as best I could when Scot Brantley went down with a concussion that should have ended his career against GA TECH. As best I could when The Bear was merciful to his former player Charlie Pell and his young Gators by only thrashing 'em 0-40. ...And thrilled when we gave everything we could against unbeaten F$U before finally falling to the loss. Difference between that day and this is that an 0-10-1 football team would draw perhaps 40,000 fans today rather than the 60,000 then even with the tempy bleacher seats in the end zone. It's becoming more and more financially critical to put an exciting and dynamic team - offense and well as defense on the field. What is have right now resembles wet cardboard and that's even when we were winning. I hoping for something dramatic against the Bulldogs Saturday.

...at least then I could hit the bars and listen to some excellent New Wave. :punk:

Mebe
  8. sierragator

sierragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +174
    With the incredibly deep talent pool that UF is right in the middle of there is no reason that this program should not be an absolute monster. (and yes that is different from expecting a damn natty every year so give it a rest)
  9. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,417
    "Dear Gator Booster:

Thank you for your incredible support of the Gator athletics program. It is because of your passion, commitment and loyalty that we are able to be one of the most successful comprehensive athletics programs in the nation.

From feedback we've received, many fans believe that television contracts and sponsors fund the majority of our athletic department budget. In fact, the University Athletic Association receives more than 60 percent of its revenue from you - our loyal supporters. Your support provides scholarships for our 400-plus student-athletes and enables us to provide world-class facilities in which they are able to study, train and compete.

Again, we want to thank you for your support of Gator Athletics. Without you, the Gators' success would not be possible.

Sincerely,

Jeremy N. Foley Phil Pharr
    Director of Athletics Executive Director
    University of Florida Gator Boosters, Inc."

There you have it.
  10. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,417
    Well, you have to get the talent, keep the talent and develop the talent.
    Will has done pretty good on the first count.
    The other two not so good.